The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: We're about to find out what change really means....

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    277

    Default

    [QUOTE=Hew;
    Sorry to split hairs, but when someone throws out statements of facts like, "in his first week Bush...." I just think think they/we have a good-faith obligation to make sure those facts are correct.[/QUOTE]

    We know how accurate you are on your fact checking, and that you feel everyone has a....."good-faith obligation to make sure those facts are correct". I wished more of the neo-cons felt that way.
    You can talk the talk on fact checking, now lets see if you can walk the walk

    In view of your stated position , why haven't you reported back on the results of your fact checking on the "Should Bush be held accountable" thread?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Captain Mike D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Central F
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    We know how accurate you are on your fact checking, and that you feel everyone has a....."good-faith obligation to make sure those facts are correct". I wished more of the neo-cons felt that way.
    You can talk the talk on fact checking, now lets see if you can walk the walk

    In view of your stated position , why haven't you reported back on the results of your fact checking on the "Should Bush be held accountable" thread?
    If you are going to call Hew out on that question then I would ask you-- Why has not a single Lefty commented on the TWO threads regarding our new Sec. of the Treasury??
    How about Hillary's conflicts of interest?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    I wished more of the neo-cons felt that way.
    LOL. Open the windows in your office and let it air out some, doc, I think somebody left the lid off the flea dip. I wish you knew what a neo-con actually was other than a fun name to call someone.

    PS...feel free to bring that thread back up to the top with your moveon.org-inspired blockbuster revelation. I already asked you once to explain where I was wrong and you passed...I honestly don't give you much more thought than that.
    Last edited by Hew; 01-27-2009 at 05:10 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I wish you knew what a neo-con actually was other than a fun name to call someone.
    Well...its a pretty broad term...just google it. Whats it mean to you? I know what it means to me.

    Whats a liberal? Lots to google there too. I don't expect to lose any sleep because its a fun name to call someone as well.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,717

    Default

    i have to ask Duckhead when the head of al-quaida in Yemen was released.

    i have a hard time believing it was in the last week. and if it wasn't, how is that Obamas fault?

    i can see what Obama's in for over the next 4 years........-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    i have to ask Duckhead when the head of al-quaida in Yemen was released.

    i have a hard time believing it was in the last week. and if it wasn't, how is that Obamas fault?

    i can see what Obama's in for over the next 4 years........-Paul
    I suspect he's in for the same kind of treatment that President Bush got for the last 8. Like Bush, he will abandon his base on many key issues but will certainly not win any friends on the right. He'll find himself in the middle with his approval ratings in the dumps waiting on historical perspective to determine his effectiveness. He will be a huge disappointment to the far left and a nemesis to the far right. His years in the position will age him horribly and when it's time to go, he will welcome the relief. Let's just hope he manages to do something positive during that time.
    Matt McKenzie

    It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

    "It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,717

    Default

    Luvmylabs,

    it certainly is your decision whether you and your dogs respond to future emergencies. i just would ask you to question your motives before making that decision.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  8. #28
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    ...

    And as you've noted, "barely more than 60 days" is a far cry from "in the first week."

    Sorry to split hairs, but when someone throws out statements of facts like, "in his first week Bush...." I just think think they/we have a good-faith obligation to make sure those facts are correct.
    I will admit to a certain amount of hyperbole in my statements. However, for someone who freely calls others Marxists when you disagree with their policies -- with no ideological or factual basis beyond prejudice -- and who bristles at being called a neo-con, your focus on detail is a little misplaced. It's similar to your argument that my calling the missile defense system "an abysmal failure" is misguided because of the success of Aegis in close in defense of ships when there have been no successful tests of the missile defense system proposed for Poland that involved any form of sophisticated countermeasures even when Aegis has been used for tracking. The one "near" success was when the countermeasures failed to deploy.

    My point, as you noted in your original response, was that each President can be expected to make his (or her) mark on the job and to further the agenda that got them elected in the first place.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Well...its a pretty broad term...just google it. Whats it mean to you? I know what it means to me.
    If it has become a pretty broad term it is only because it has been mis-applied so often and seems to be the catch-all pejorative for lots of folks. It is nearly universally accepted that neo-conservatism is related to foreign policy beliefs; not economics, not domestic policy, not social issues,...but foreign policy. So in a discussion about some generic topic when somebody blurts out something along the lines of, "I wish neo-cons would tell the truth," it outs them (to me, anyway) as a moonbat who regurgitates.

    Whats a liberal? Lots to google there too. I don't expect to lose any sleep because its a fun name to call someone as well.
    Sure, ask 100 people what a liberal or conservative is and you'll get 100 different answers. But neo-conservatism is much narrower. Not all conservatives are neo-cons any more than all liberals are pacifists.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    I will admit to a certain amount of hyperbole in my statements. However, for someone who freely calls others Marxists when you disagree with their policies -- with no ideological or factual basis beyond prejudice --
    That's patent horsesh!t. A search of "Hew" and "Marxist" will yield you a grand total of two posts of mine. TWO. Here they are:

    I've never said Obama's a socialist or a marxist,...


    Call it whatever you want, but the notions you put forth in your first post were entirely Marxist...from the notion that the accumulation of excess wealth is bad to the notion that wealth accumulation must naturally come at the expense of others...straight outta "Das Kapital."
    More of your "hyperbole" I guess?

    and who bristles at being called a neo-con,
    I don't bristle at being called a neo-con. I bristle at dim bulbs who don't know what a neo-con is calling me a neo-con.

    It's similar to your argument that my calling the missile defense system "an abysmal failure" is misguided because of the success of Aegis in close in defense of ships when there have been no successful tests of the missile defense system proposed for Poland that involved any form of sophisticated countermeasures even when Aegis has been used for tracking. The one "near" success was when the countermeasures failed to deploy.
    LOL. You and the smiller guy carry some baggage around with you. Feel free to bring that thread back up to the top and we'll discuss...including your above mischaracterization of what I wrote.

Similar Threads

  1. Sit means Sit - Or Does It?
    By Ted Shih in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 09:24 AM
  2. Thank Goodness, I know what it means!!!!!
    By MRGD in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 04:02 PM
  3. Sit Means Sit - Another discussion....
    By FOM in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 11:52 PM
  4. Can't Find It
    By dorkweed in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
  5. Trying to find someone?
    By TY 4 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •