The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Sodding our way to prosperity.

Default Sodding our way to prosperity.

Part of the new stimulus package has 200 million set aside to repair and sod the national mall. Nothing like a good pork project to bring the economy back.

BTW this just adds to to coronation debate of who spent more money.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

LMAO...$200 million to sod the Mall? I've no doubt it needs it after the coronation, but $200 million???? It's only about 10 acres! Add that to the cost of giving all the federal workers a holiday plus the lost tax revenue from the private sector businesses that had to close and I bet that party cost 5x what the media is reporting. Can you imagine the MSM furor if it was a white Republican that had the world's biggest party as the country heads into the biggest depression of the past 50 years?

Don't forget the $300 million for the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Don't forget the $300 million for the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.
    Was that for the people that attended the inauguration?

ROTFLMAO
    The Devil made me post it

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    LMAO...$200 million to sod the Mall? I've no doubt it needs it after the coronation, but $200 million???? It's only about 10 acres! Add that to the cost of giving all the federal workers a holiday plus the lost tax revenue from the private sector businesses that had to close and I bet that party cost 5x what the media is reporting. Can you imagine the MSM furor if it was a white Republican that had the world's biggest party as the country heads into the biggest depression of the past 50 years?

Actually it is 309 acres, but I bet it can be done for just a bit under 200 million. I think that is about 600K per acre! I know a number of sod farmers down here that would be glad to biring it up and lay it for that! Of course the argument is going to be that it is to "repair" and sod the mall
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

and what 400 billion to study climate change, ie global warming. what a joke! looks like pork barrell spending at it's finest! doesn't look like much is changing.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Our new Federal Gooberment is getting ready to spend a TRILLION dollars to try and stimulate the economy. There is no "change" in throwing money at a problem that money can't fix!

If you think it is bad in your part of the world, just give it another year or two because it is going to get alot worse. I'm just glad our economy is still good and hope oil stays at around $50, per barrel.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge