1. You can own a car without having a license. You can have dozens of cars for that matter. Its not required to have a license to own a car.
2. Car wrecks are one of the leading causes of death. Having a driving licenses, thousands of traffic laws and police forces in every town devoting a huge percentage of their resources to traffic enforcement has done nothing to curb death via car wrecks.
3. What was the original purpose of the license? It was a certificate that the person had taken and passed a drivers safety course and demonstrated they knew the rules of the road. Today a drivers license is used for just about everything but that. The same could be said of your SSN. What use could the license information for all guns have?
Lets take a look at this legislation shall we.
1. Will it prevent accidental gun fatalities. Nope. Not one of the items in it will do that.
2. Will it prevent crime. Nope. Criminals won't follow one ounce of it.
3. Will it keep guns from kids. Nope. Most kids either get guns from criminals or irresponsible parents. These laws won't fix that.
4. Will it be an additional tool for the legal system to use in prosecuting criminals. Nope. There are so many gun laws on the books now that a prosecutor can take his pick. Besides, any real gun crime committed would break substantially higher laws than any put forth in this bill.
So what exactly is the purpose of this bill? Lets face it. It paves the way for a complete ban on guns.
Last edited by Gun_Dog2002; 01-29-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Last edited by Patrick Johndrow; 01-29-2009 at 08:39 PM.
My original post ("what a shocker...") was to express my "shock" at your seeing nothing objectionable about the bill. You've made it more than obvious that there is no "enlightening" you if the only comparison you can come up with is your car........
I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: email@example.com.
Hey guys dont pick on MR He is still laying in bed savoring the afterglow and having a smoke. He is still on the honeymoon and hasnt turned the TV on or cracked the daily paper.
"Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan
What happened to Mr. Remington. Not like him to know have a snappy reply?
Mr. R. really? Your Pic says it! Gun dog..Good job. K G...great words. I really hope this bill fails quickly, but the bailouts and payoffs worked. Burn the phone lines up.
Live free, Die hard!