The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Public Opinion Shift

Default Public Opinion Shift

I don't have the exact numbers from Gallup but now that Americans are learning about what's really in the Dems Stimulus package, they lost 10 percentage points today. I predict it will go down another 10-20 percent.My question is; Will Oboma change his bill because of the surge in negative opionion? Or, will he stick to his guns and get this boondoggle bill passed? He can get it passed without any support from the Republicans. If he compromises with the GOP and alters some of it, then he can spread the blame when it fails to stimulate the economy. And, how will we pay the price?
    Last edited by Franco; 01-30-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I don't have the exact numbers from Gallup but now that Americans are learning about what's really in the Dems Stimulus package, they lost 10 percentage points today. I predict it will go down another 10-20 percent.My question is; Will Oboma change his bill because of the surge in negative opionion? Or, will he stick to his guns and get this boondoggle bill passed? He can get it passed without any support from the Republicans. If he compromises with the GOP and alters some of it, then he can spread the blame when it fails to stimulate the economy. And, how will we pay the price?

You're right. Support is collapsing. As of January 6-7, 53% of respondents favored the stimulus package and 36% opposed it. As of January 27, 52% favor it and 37& disapprove. The margin of error is +/- 3%. http://www.gallup.com/poll/114028/Sl...ulus-Plan.aspx

Also according to Gallup, Obama's approval rating has ranged from a low of about 62% in early December to a high of 70% prior to inauguration, 68% on inauguration day, and 66% today. Obviously another area where he is slipping badly.

Based on historic experience, I would expect Obama's popularity to go through many swings but generally to decline from current levels in the absence of extraordinary events.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You're right. Support is collapsing. As of January 6-7, 53% of respondents favored the stimulus package and 36% opposed it. As of January 27, 52% favor it and 37& disapprove. The margin of error is +/- 3%. http://www.gallup.com/poll/114028/Sl...ulus-Plan.aspx

Also according to Gallup, Obama's approval rating has ranged from a low of about 62% in early December to a high of 70% prior to inauguration, 68% on inauguration day, and 66% today. Obviously another area where he is slipping badly.

Based on historic experience, I would expect Obama's popularity to go through many swings but generally to decline from current levels in the absence of extraordinary events.

BUT NOT IF THE "POLLSTERS" KEEP POLLING 'YOUR ILK'. The only time his popularity goes down is when his SFN crowd realizes he ain't delivering.

The possible exceptions are the Mainstream press, and those like you, so full of swords you'd bleed to death if they start removing them.

Eventually, even you will be cleaning up after the cows. In the meantime, just keep on gloating....you are so much more fun when you do.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

You're right. Support is collapsing.

Don't forget that Gallup results are always 4 days late because they do 4 day averages, rolling out the first day, everyday.

I find it funny/sad how much MSNBC goes out of thier way to cover his butt!

The American people overwhelmingly don't like his big pork/earmark package. The Republicans are the only ones with an idea other than spending taxpayer money.

The question of the day is now whether we really need ANY stimulus package implemented by the boneheads on Capitol Hill. I keep hearing how bad it is but, I don't see it. Our local economy is great with less than 3% unemployment!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...us-poll-finds/
    Last edited by Franco; 02-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Don't forget that Gallup results are always 4 days late because they do 4 day averages, rolling out the first day, everyday.

I find it funny/sad how much MSNBC goes out of thier way to cover his butt!

The American people overwhelmingly don't like his big pork/earmark package. The Republicans are the only ones with an idea other than spending taxpayer money.

The question of the day is now whether we really need ANY stimulus package implemented by the boneheads on Capitol Hill. I keep hearing how bad it is but, I don't see it. Our local economy is great with less than 3% unemployment!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...us-poll-finds/
    Gallup actually posts a new report daily that reflects a three day rolling average. As of February 3, Obama's approval rating is 66% with 19% disapproval, exactly the same as it was last week.

The wording on the stimulus plan was modified for the current poll. Before it asked do you favor the plan or not and 56% favored it. Now it says do you favor "Obama's stimulus plan" as is, with significant modifications, or oppose it. 37% favor it as is and 38% favor it with modifications for a total of 75% looking for passage of "Obama's Plan" in some form. 85% of respondents do not expect the stimulus plan to help very much in the next year, assuming that it will take longer to make a difference.

It sounds to me like the public is pretty smart.