The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Anyone ever changed OFA "NOPI" to "VPI"?

Default Anyone ever changed OFA "NOPI" to "VPI"?

Seriously not happy. Had final hip/elbow films done in November on a pup I kept, hips excellent, elbows normal, which is all I paid attention to when I ripped open that envelope. In updating my website this morning and adding the info, big glaring NOPI at the end of both ratings. Now I know the vet tech scanned the chip info while I was standing right there, so someone didn't check the right box or sign correctly. I looked at all my dogs in OFA and they're all either VPI or PI, except this last one. I'm waiting to hear back from OFA if I can somehow get it corrected, but don't expect anything til Monday. Has anyone else ever had these kinds of errors and gotten them corrected?
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

Kim,

I just did the same this fall. The Vet that did the hips/elbows did the EIC at the same time. The Vet checked for the chip and actually figured out he had 2.....forgot that I put the puppy one in. I got my results back with the NOPI and called OFA. They said send the certificates back with a letter from your vet and they will resubmit your certificates back with the VPI. They did this in about 2 weeks.
    Mike Peters

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Hmmm, how about changing a NOPI to a PI , and a VPI to a PI on CNM certificates from OFA? We used VetGen for our CNM testing and they did not have a place on their form for VPI, just a spot to list a microchip or tattoo. I also haven't gotten a certificate for one of the dogs (I sent in 9) but her number is on the OFA site. Looks like someone at their office was having a REALLY BAD DAY!!!!!!!!
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Thanks, Mike, now I won't fume all weekend. I despise clerical errors that impact what I'm doing and the one vet tech is just the bain of my existence when it comes to paperwork. Thursday's health certificate had the pup's age listed as "1 month" instead of 8 weeks. Sometimes. . .
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs