RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ethical Question

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DoubleHaul 
#1 ·
A friend asked me if you are having an ethical problem with your Pro-Trainer would the PRTA be able to help resolve the issue. The Pro is a member.

#4 ·
IMHO the PRTA is more dedicated to establishing limits on client poaching when dealing with other professionals, obtaining group insurance, and standing up at the NARC meeting to tell Amateurs that PRTA has adopted a policy of not training once a test has been viewed until after you run it. Obviously no amateur could possibly have ethics unless reminded by PRTA!

When I had an ethical problem with a professional they did absolutely nothing--not even a reply to my communication--which was in writing!

FWIW, I believe that PRTA only serves no useful purpose to the amateurs who patronize professional trainers. It does serve the interests of the pros.

#5 ·
FWIW, I believe that PRTA only serves no useful purpose to the amateurs who patronize professional trainers. It does serve the interests of the pros.
They don't even keep the membership on their site up to date, so it isn't even very good for finding a pro.

They do have a code of ethics. If your problem involves a potential violation of their code by a member, I would raise it with them. Based on Viki's experience it may do no good, but worth a shot.

They do love to make a big deal about not training after seeing a setup :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.