The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus package

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Translation: "If my side doesn't win, then it doesn't count as 'Democracy'."

I donít take sides; I vote for whom I think will do this country more good. Unfortunately this passed election it was the lesser of two evils. But I think more of you will figure out that Barack Hussein Obama isn't all peaches and cream as time goes on.

Kevin
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

Translation: "If my side doesn't win, then it doesn't count as 'Democracy'."
    What you haven't realized yet, is that we all lost with the outcome of this last election. Just look at your party's Stimulus bill. It is a catastrophy waiting to happen. I guess the change is that they can make it worse than it is.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    What you haven't realized yet, is that we all lost with the outcome of this last election. Just look at your party's Stimulus bill. It is a catastrophy waiting to happen. I guess the change is that they can make it worse than it is.
    Well, I don't have a party, so I'm not taking credit for the bill. As with the House Republicans, I have some issues with some of the line items in the stimulus. But I (and pretty much any reputable economist to the left of the Cato Institute) believe a stimulus is needed to get us out of this mess.

So, it's not that I fail to realize something yet -- it's that I disagree you.

I understand that you and may Republican officials think that the same 'hands off' approach that got us into this mess will get us out. That is counterintuitive, though.

I suspect that more than a few Republicans will be voting on the final bill, once they feel they have done an adequate amount of grandstanding. We will know soon enough.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by kb27_99 View Post
    I donít take sides; I vote for whom I think will do this country more good. Unfortunately this passed election it was the lesser of two evils. But I think more of you will figure out that Barack Hussein Obama isn't all peaches and cream as time goes on.

Kevin
    Peaches and cream.....I thought it was oreos and milk....
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Well, I don't have a party, so I'm not taking credit for the bill. As with the House Republicans, I have some issues with some of the line items in the stimulus. But I (and pretty much any reputable economist to the left of the Cato Institute) believe a stimulus is needed to get us out of this mess.

I understand that you and may Republican officials think that the same 'hands off' approach that got us into this mess will get us out. That is counterintuitive, though.

I suspect that more than a few Republicans will be voting on the final bill, once they feel they have done an adequate amount of grandstanding. We will know soon enough.
    Youíre kidding right? You were critiquing my English. LOL

Cheers,

Kevin
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

Quote Originally Posted by kb27_99 View Post
    Youíre kidding right? You were critiquing my English. LOL

Cheers,

Kevin
    That, and your non-sequiturs.
    What's the Plan?

First, lets call it what it really is, payback. Pelosi and other Dems authored the origianal bill to payback organized labor for thier support. There is very little job stimulus in a bill that BHO obviously never read. Second, in regards to the hands off by Republicans comment. The problems didn't just start over the last 8 years. Many have been predicting a burst of the financial bubble for many years. The timing was just poor for the republicans.Third, anything good in the bill was put in there by the Republicans. You know, the amendments that have a chance of actually stimulating the econony.Fouth, I don't think the eonomy is as bad as the press makes it out to be. The media used it during the election to help defeat the Republicans. With the election over, they need something to yap about, so they all jumped on the economy. With all the coverage, they have scared people to death about spending money. Finally, no real solutions are on the table for the real problems. The bill is nothing more than huge spending bill.I was hoping it could never get worse than another LBJ. Your current President (I didn't vote for him and don't claim him to be mine), could be much worse than LBJ with taking the entitlement mentallity to new highs!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-04-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    First, lets call it what it really is, payback. Pelosi and other Dems authored the origianal bill to payback organized labor for thier support. There is very little job stimulus in a bill that BHO obviously never read. Second, in regards to the hands off by Republicans comment. The problems didn't just start over the last 8 years. Many have been predicting a burst of the financial bubble for many years. The timing was just poor for the republicans.Third, anything good in the bill was put in there by the Republicans. You know, the amendments that have a chance of actually stimulating the econony.Fouth, I don't think the eonomy is as bad as the press makes it out to be. The media used it during the election to help defeat the Republicans. With the election over, they need something to yap about, so they all jumped on the economy. With all the coverage, they have scared people to death about spending money. Finally, no real solutions are on the table for the real problems. The bill is nothing more than huge spending bill.I was hoping it could never get worse than another LBJ. Your current President (I didn't vote for him and don't claim him to be mine), could be much worse than LBJ with taking the entitlement mentallity to new highs!
    Thanks for the Cliff Notes version of the talk radio Talking Points. "Anything good in the bill was put in there by the Republicans," is my favorite part of this WHARRGARBL. .

I will agree with you that the problems didn't start over the last 8 years. Let's give credit where it's due --- to the 'Reagan Revolution'.
    What's the Plan?

Carter: Interest rate, 21%. Inflation, 13.5%. Unemployment, 7%. The so-called ďMisery Index,Ē which Carter used to great effect in his 1976 campaign to win election.

Reaganís last year: Interest rate, 9%. Inflation, 4.1%. Unemployment, 5.5%.

George W. Bush: Interest rate, 8% down to almost 0%. Inflation, 2.6%. Unemployment, 4.5%.

Pass the Bong Backpastur you have had it too long.

Bitter Clinger Regards

Thanks for the Cliff Notes version of the talk radio Talking Points. "Anything good in the bill was put in there by the Republicans," is my favorite part of this WHARRGARBL. .

I will agree with you that the problems didn't start over the last 8 years. Let's give credit where it's due --- to the 'Reagan Revolution'.
    That may be the most accurate comment made.

As popular as the changes were, I believe that the "Reagan Revolution" did more to damage the long term soundness of our economy in general and our financial services industry in particular than anything since the deregulation under Harding. Massive profiteering in the S&L industry was followed by total collapse at the taxpayers' expense. Massive profiteering through the liquidation of pensions assets to bolster current profits and bonuses is directly linked to the unfunded pension liabilities we see today that are being bailed out by taxpayers. The deification of the trickle down economics and supply side mantras is directly linked to the most massive concentration of wealth in our history, runaway speculation with the assets of our largest companies, and a culture of greed.

Our lunch is being eaten by countries that have kept their sights on the long term value of their businesses (a lesson learned in Japan only after their own collapse) while we have lost control of our strategic business assets to gain short term labor cost advantages.

How's that for a lefty rant and thread hijack?