The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama, is he over his head?

the media doesn't talk about Kentucky because Kentuckians, unlike most of New Orleans residences, are tough resiliant people that are taking care of themselves and not sitting on the street corner waiting for the government free money truck to arrive. Kentuckians must be a lot like Iowans caught in floods.

Obama over his head? That man is drowning and he is trying to take us with him.

I think the reason most libs keep referring to Bush is that deep in their hearts they truely wish he was still their President.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    I voted for him and I am unhappy with many of his choices (tax issues, lobbyists, etc.).

Not a chance on being in over his head. That's the great thing about being President, you can surround yourself with people who are experts. Hell, you or I could be successful President with the experts that are out there.

While many American manufacturers produce goods that are inferior to those manufactured by the Asians, I would think that most conservatives are in favor of the buy America plan.
    Marx,
    the man is over his head off the Continental Shelf drowning. While you're correct that a President can surround himself with experts in any field, that's presuming he accept his limitations and is willing to do something about them. Obomo is a narcissist, pure and simple. He thinks he's magic and all-knowing, smarter than anyone he can hire, a self image that was fed and nurtured by the fawning media.

And you're right that most conservatives would rather buy American, but most conservatives balk at the higher U.S.-made prices driven up by inflated, labor-organized wages. Unions outlived their usefulness decades ago and now exist solely to promote leftist political agendas and bully management into abandoning a merit-based pay system.

Add to BHO's inexperience Nancy Pelosi's creative math and you've got a PAIR of jokers....."If this stimulus package is not passed, 500 million jobs are at stake...."

Hmmmm.....more jobs are at stake than their are people living in this country....gotta love it.....

Put on the hip waders, we're in it deep regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post

Does a bear crap in the woods?
    Not if it's in a zoo!

Couldn't pass it up.

Cheers,

Kevin
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

I voted for him and I am unhappy with many of his choices (tax issues, lobbyists, etc.).
    It takes big balls to admit that Mark. You gained a little respect with that one.

Not a chance on being in over his head. That's the great thing about being President, you can surround yourself with people who are experts. Hell, you or I could be successful President with the experts that are out there.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this one. He can surround himself with great people, but in the end people will look through the cloud and see what he really is. A nobody that talks a good talk but can't walk the walk.

1. Didn't Bush begin the nationalization process? Let's give credit where credit is due. I am a firm believer that if you can't compete, you should fail. Apparently Bush and Obama don't believe in that.
    Again, Bush is in Crawford Texas, Obama is in the While House. But i will agree with you.

2. While many American manufacturers produce goods that are inferior to those manufactured by the Asians, I would think that most conservatives are in favor of the buy America plan.

This may be true, but when you get down to the nut cracking its all about the good old american dollar to most people. Where can we get the best deal is the question most people ask.

JMO,

Kevin
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

America's 4 yr national nightmare has begun. Our national motto should be" God Help America" we are gonna need all the help we can get.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Definition of a "Liberal";
    He thinks he's magic and all-knowing, smarter than anyone he can hire, a self image that was fed and nurtured by the fawning media.

That's how many people "Acorn" has registered to vote;
    ....."If this stimulus package is not passed, 500 million jobs are at stake...."

Websters Helper Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    And you're right that most conservatives would rather buy American, but most conservatives balk at the higher U.S.-made prices driven up by inflated, labor-organized wages.
    While the labor costs are one reason for US goods to not be competative in markets at home and abroad, another reason would be the fact that US corporations pay the 2nd highest taxes in the world.
    IF corporate tax was eliminated our products would be much more competative in GLOBAL and domestic markets. Elimination of those taxes would probably return us to a manufacturing base that would bring jobs back home from overseas.

Bellyache, bellyache, bellyache. The man has been in office two weeks, for cripes sake. It is going to take a bit more time to correct more than eight years of screw up from the boys before.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Probably, but we are now seeing the results of the "backroom" deals that were made to line up the "United Democratic" party. Thus the old "Political Hacks" that are being appointed with little forethought about their "histories".

I get depressed thinking about our Govenment and its inept leaders, but I can't think of anywhere else I would rather live.

I guess I will just hope for the best, and that someone will gain some sanity while in office.