The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama, is he over his head?

Quote Originally Posted by kindakinky View Post
    Ezackly.

Get rid of those welfare programs like giving $1,000 tax credits to people who have children. Why should people pay for other folks' children?

And free educations? PFFFFF--get rid of public schools. Why should taxpayers have to pay $6000 a year to educate some people's children?

Get rid of these welfare programs. Why do we have to pay for some woman having 8 kids in one shot? Or even pay for a person having one kid? Why do people who have kids get tax credits and free public education? If you have kids, that's your responsibility and none of us should have to pay for their education or anything else.
    Surely you are kidding about educating children?? Educating of children benefits everyone.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

[

People on welfare should be on mandatory birth control until the can take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Backpasture

Interesting that what you focused on was a couple of your personal boogiemen in an attempt to discredit the entire list of links. The list contained links from a variety of sources both left, right .gov and .edu. It would have been just as easy to focus on the .gov. .edu, and left wing news sources.

I suppose if you don’t want to discuss the merits with her that is a great tactic.
    The merits!? She posted a bunch of links, that are either Heritage or Cato information, or information that goes against her arguments, or complete non-sequiturs. It has all the coherence of the arguments the House Republicans have been making.

The arguments being made against the stimulus ignore basic economics, which I guess is par for the course for the Republicans, who have become the party of willful ignorance.
    Last edited by backpasture; 02-06-2009 at 07:54 AM.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Sour grapes from John McCain/Republican house and senate are so counter-productive. Hobbling Obama at every turn isn't going to help the economy recover. He's the president now, and all of Washington has a duty to help him help us. Stalling, naysaying, and theatrics in the press only worsen America's situation and overall level of political cynicism.
    Jill,Tango,Finn,and Tally
    Topbrass Everlore Talk Of The Town CGC
    Sand Dancer's Infinite Sky CGC
    Goldiva's Tangled Up In Blue CD,CGC

Ripley's Starry, Starry Night

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Oh, new cars, PELL grants (welfare), Food stamps (welfare), and on and on.
    Refundable tax credits (welfare).
    Only in Republican lala land are PELL grants welfare.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Some of the founding members of the right wing-nuttery (Cato, Heritage, etc), and a bunch of obscure links to... Midnight Basketball? Rankings of GDP by country? Keynesian econmonic theory (which supports the idea of a massive stimulus!)?

Is this the 'if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****' approach?
    I will type this very slowly, for those of you :::coughcoughbackpasturecough::: that move your lips when you read. Those links basically contain source materials that contain facts that back up the widely held opinion that the 'stimulus package' is a steaming crock of jenkem. A few might also contain facts that prove Obomo is, indeed over his head (the topic of this thread).

Although I don't know why any of us waste our time arguing with a troll that has NEVER posted on a dog, training or hunting thread. And probably wears a skirt, is the guardian of a chihuahua, lives a vegan lifestyle, dates marx remington and hates hunting......
    Last edited by Julie R.; 02-06-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighmaine View Post
    Sour grapes from John McCain/Republican house and senate are so counter-productive. Hobbling Obama at every turn isn't going to help the economy recover. He's the president now, and all of Washington has a duty to help him help us. Stalling, naysaying, and theatrics in the press only worsen America's situation and overall level of political cynicism.
    give me a break. you can't be serious. what have the left been doing for the last eight years? the media isn't going to question the messiah on anything so we the people must!!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    The arguments being made against the stimulus ignore basic economics, which I guess is par for the course for the Republicans, who have become the party of willful ignorance.
    It is readily apparent that you have not read the contents of the soon-to-be $1 TRILLION dollar BHO stimulus package. Talk about ignoring basic economics.....

Hope you've got lots of kids who'll make LOTS of grandkids....'cause that's who's gonna be responsible for paying for all of the PORK in this "necessary" package.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    is a steaming crock of jenkem.
    hahahaah. nice.most people don't even know what that is. i work in the addictions field and have clients that will try anything to fool a UA. hahaha.
    ________
    WHICH IS STRONGER DILAUDID OR DEMEROL
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    It is readily apparent that you have not read the contents of the soon-to-be $1 TRILLION dollar BHO stimulus package. Talk about ignoring basic economics.....

Hope you've got lots of kids who'll make LOTS of grandkids....'cause that's who's gonna be responsible for paying for all of the PORK in this "necessary" package.....

kg
    i haven't seen it either. do you have a link that outlines the beneficiaries of the stimulus package?
    ________
    Expert Insurance
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:23 PM.