The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats, I have to ask...

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Get your jab in but it never could have passed without the Democratic controlled Congress.
    I agree it could never have passed without the Democratic controlled Congress.

It wasn't a jab--it was an observation on events less than 4 months previous. Since when did time re-set on January 20, 2009? Or for that matter, January 20, 2005, 2001, 1997, 1993...

I don't know why some of you folks are so intent on fighting Democrats when we have such a golden opportunity to unite in disgust. This has been decades and at least 2 administrations in the making.

Besides, I keep trying to say I'm not a Democrat, though I voted for one. I'm philosophically a Republican that can't abide by the current leadership and recent past track record, and I happen to have been boxed into an uncomfortable voting position on the national level, and I won't apologize for it. At least not yet.

White knuckle regards......
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    I don't know why some of you folks are so intent on fighting Democrats when we have such a golden opportunity to unite in disgust. This has been decades and at least 2 administrations in the making.

<White knuckle regards......
    I'm all for it, let us Impeach Them All. Lets get rid of all the career politicians and start over with strict term limits! That would be a huge stimulus to our economy.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I'm all for it, let us Impeach Them All. Lets get rid of all the career politicians and start over with strict term limits! That would be a huge stimulus to our economy.
    Thanks for saving me the typing.

I'm not sure about term limits, because that opens up another can of worms. If the election process truly worked, these bozos would be limited. The fact is Americans have become apathetic. Watch scumbags like Barney Frank and his ilk get re-elected even after their direct manipulation in the subprime crisis.
    Last edited by kjrice; 02-05-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Thanks for saving me the typing.

I'm not sure about term limits, because that opens up another can of worms. If the election process truly worked, these bozos would be limited. The fact is Americans have become apathetic. Watch scumbags like Barney Frank and his ilk get re-elected even after their direct manipulation in the subprime crisis.
    I agree--the best term limit is an election with an engaged electorate.

Human nature being what it is, I agree with a two-term limit for the top executive position... no need to risk having a dictator or a king for the sake of the principle...

Maybe the time has come for the top legislative positions to be limited as well. I could be convinced.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    The problem with the infrastructure projects is that only about 25% of it will be spent prior to the end of 2010.
    Citation?

The Congressional Budget Office projects over 75% of the money in the House bill will be spent in the next 18 months.
    http://cboblog.cbo.gov/?p=204
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    What do you think of your President's Stimulus Package he and your leaders brought forth? You know, the one he's asking the Senate to act on quickly because we haven't got the time to scrutenize a 900 billion to 1.5 trillion bill.
    Apparently he stated today that if this doesn't pass, we may not survive as a nation. Quite a dramatic statement. I don't no whether to expect mass chaos or a Mexican takeover. How much ammo should we stock?
    Curt

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!----Benjamin Franklin

His grasp at scare tactics just shows his pathetic desperation. I suppose it works on the same gullable people that voted for him to start with.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

Watch it!! I may be gullible but I sure didn't vote for Obama!!!
    Curt

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!----Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by labdoc View Post
    Apparently he stated today that if this doesn't pass, we may not survive as a nation. Quite a dramatic statement. I don't no whether to expect mass chaos or a Mexican takeover. How much ammo should we stock?
    That fence we're building on the border may end up keep us from going to Mexico and stealing Mexicans' jobs.

I'm not keen on all this doom and gloom talk about not surviving as a nation and comparisons to the Great Depression. How the frick does that help the economy? It's not a good time to be removing the last shred of confidence consumers might have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Newcomb View Post
    His grasp at scare tactics just shows his pathetic desperation. I suppose it works on the same gullable people that voted for him to start with.
    Geez he even has his blind-hope satellite offices calling around asking people to put pressure to pass the bill. I guess they didn't see my name on the Do Not Call list.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.