The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Anther ???? Obama appointment

  1. #1
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,236

    Default Anther ???? Obama appointment

    By
    Neal Boortz
    @ February 5, 2009 8:05 AM Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBacks (0)

    Today at 2pm a Senate committee is going to vote on the nomination of Obama's labor secretary, California Democrat Rep. Hilda Solis. As of right now, her nomination is being blocked in the Senate. Any guesses as to why?

    Well to start .. though this not why she is being blocked .. Hilda was a co-sponsor in 2007 of this asinine card check bill, otherwise known as the "Employee Free Choice Act." This would essentially destroy secret ballot union elections in this country. She was also the co-sponsor of another bill that would force states to allow public safety officers to form unions.

    But here's where it gets interesting. At the time that Hilda was co-sponsoring all of these union bills, she was the board member of a pro-union organization called American Rights at Work. This organization had been lobbying Congress to pass these bills .. the very ones that she was responsible for co-sponsoring. And not only was Hilda a director of this organization, but we have now come to find out that she was actually the treasurer. She was in charge of all of the spending by this organization. And if that isn't bad enough, she did not reveal this information on any House financial disclosure forms.

    So here we have a woman, nominated by Barack Obama to be the Secretary of Labor. She co-sponsors two union bills in the House. At the time that she is working - basically as a lobbyist -- to get these bills passed in the House, she is also the treasurer of a lobbying group that is working to gain support for her co-sponsored legislation. And then on top of it all, she kept her involvement in the lobbying firm a secret. That was until now, that she is nominated to be secretary of labor.

    The Weekly Standard has more details, but here is yet another appointment by Barack Obama that isn't passing the smell test.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  2. #2
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    By
    Neal Boortz
    @ February 5, 2009 8:05 AM Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBacks (0)

    Today at 2pm a Senate committee is going to vote on the nomination of Obama's labor secretary, California Democrat Rep. Hilda Solis. As of right now, her nomination is being blocked in the Senate. Any guesses as to why?

    Well to start .. though this not why she is being blocked .. Hilda was a co-sponsor in 2007 of this asinine card check bill, otherwise known as the "Employee Free Choice Act." This would essentially destroy secret ballot union elections in this country. She was also the co-sponsor of another bill that would force states to allow public safety officers to form unions.

    But here's where it gets interesting. At the time that Hilda was co-sponsoring all of these union bills, she was the board member of a pro-union organization called American Rights at Work. This organization had been lobbying Congress to pass these bills .. the very ones that she was responsible for co-sponsoring. And not only was Hilda a director of this organization, but we have now come to find out that she was actually the treasurer. She was in charge of all of the spending by this organization. And if that isn't bad enough, she did not reveal this information on any House financial disclosure forms.

    So here we have a woman, nominated by Barack Obama to be the Secretary of Labor. She co-sponsors two union bills in the House. At the time that she is working - basically as a lobbyist -- to get these bills passed in the House, she is also the treasurer of a lobbying group that is working to gain support for her co-sponsored legislation. And then on top of it all, she kept her involvement in the lobbying firm a secret. That was until now, that she is nominated to be secretary of labor.

    The Weekly Standard has more details, but here is yet another appointment by Barack Obama that isn't passing the smell test.
    I assume you noticed that throughout his campaign Obama repeatedly and clearly stated that he would support the Employee Free Choice Act. Did you think he changed his mind? That's similar to those who complain that his nominee for Attorney General actively promoted abortion rights and gay rights, two other causes Obama consistently promised to support.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I assume you noticed that throughout his campaign Obama repeatedly and clearly stated that he would support the Employee Free Choice Act. Did you think he changed his mind? That's similar to those who complain that his nominee for Attorney General actively promoted abortion rights and gay rights, two other causes Obama consistently promised to support.
    Not the issue Jeff. It is sitting on the BOD and handling the money while a Rep in office supposedly looking out for the good of the people. Essentially a lobbiest while in office. Doesn't even come close to passing a smell test.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  4. #4
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Not the issue Jeff. It is sitting on the BOD and handling the money while a Rep in office supposedly looking out for the good of the people. Essentially a lobbiest while in office. Doesn't even come close to passing a smell test.

    Come on, you mean that is a BIG deal
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  5. #5
    Senior Member kjrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    Change you can believe in.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Change you can believe in.
    Good one Kevin because that's all will have left is change as in .23 cents! Didn't you pay attention to the campaign? Obomo said he was going to redistribute the wealth. By the time he's done, we'll be looking to Cuba for loans!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  7. #7
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Solis is a member of the Board of a non-profit labor group. The position is unpaid. She volunteers as treasurer. The organization takes public positions on labor related issues. None of that is a conflict of interest in her position as a member of congress and none of it makes her a lobbyist. Is Senator Larry Craig of Idaho a lobbyist? What about Rep Babara Cubin (WY) or Alaska's Rep. Donald Young? All three are members of the NRA Board of Directors.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Solis is a member of the Board of a non-profit labor group. .... All three are members of the NRA Board of Directors.
    There's a bit of difference between being a mere member of a group and being an officer and member of the board. In the former you get to send in your dues and read a magazine. In the latter you collect and decide how to spend the dues and you get to determine what goes into the magazine.

    Eric

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Obama actually said he didn't support gays right to marry. what other rights do Gays not have?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Solis is a member of the Board of a non-profit labor group. The position is unpaid. She volunteers as treasurer. The organization takes public positions on labor related issues. None of that is a conflict of interest in her position as a member of congress and none of it makes her a lobbyist. Is Senator Larry Craig of Idaho a lobbyist? What about Rep Babara Cubin (WY) or Alaska's Rep. Donald Young? All three are members of the NRA Board of Directors.

    Is there nothing in the leftist program that won't make you WANT to fall on the sword?

    With that thinly veiled 'attack' on the NRA, (which I happen to be a life endowment member, BTW) please tell us what you meant by that? Are you now willing to come out of the closet and reveal your real views of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution?

    Are you also in the New York Governors program to push for all the linguini-spined mayors in this nation to impose their big-city gun laws on all of us?

    (Incredible as this may sound, that loonie ignoramus was able to persuade the mayor of the peoples republic of Sioux Falls to ban the carrying of firearms on that cities public property. Go figure)

    So, even we in the state of South Dakota need to keep our guard up. But I'm just curious where you stand on this issue, Yardley? I understand your leftist views, your being in the tank for Obama, and your hatred of previous President Bush. But where are your loyalties concerning gun ownership in this nation?

    Are we to expect you to fall in line with the Schumers, Clintons, Feinsteins, Rangels, and Boxers of this country? If so, please fess up. If you are in thaty camp, I'll stop communicating with you totally, for I will have to view you as a complete socialist, beyond any reason to acknowledge as an American.

    A litmus test you say??? Damn right. If you can't pass that one, you are in the camp of the enemy, not just with your camels nose under the flap, you are part of what will totally kill this nation, as suredly as any of the towel-heads that struck us on 9/11.

    What say you, Mr. Photog?

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Similar Threads

  1. Take This Obama
    By Franco in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
  2. Comrade Obama appointment that is frightening
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
  3. Sec of Ag Appointment
    By Eric Johnson in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 04:15 PM
  4. Thank you Obama!
    By labdoc in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •