RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

How scary is this? *GDG*

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  duk4me 
#1 ·
For English, Please press one?

#3 · (Edited)
I am glad I am not the only one that this bothers. I mean is this not America isn't our national lang. english. Why in gods name are we having to choose a lang. If you do not speak the lang. tough luck learn something or get someone to translate for you. I am a citizen and should not be treated like someone from another country.
I know this may bug a few people but I am tired of being politically correct and bending over backwards to make things easier for all those that are not citizens or those that have not taken the time to learn the lang.

#5 ·
that doesn't bother me so much - many Americans live in Mexico and other hispanic countries, and they should have a right to be proud of being American while there. although maybe not too wise to flaunt it since the American flag is akin to a target these days....

the language part does bother me. being bilingual myself i respect very much those that make the effort to learn English, but the ones that dont are just costing us more money in bilingual programs....definitely needs to be more incentive for them to learn the language....where is the "push 2 for french" or vietnamese? i know a lot of "boat people" in my area and i have immense respect for how they have assimilated, built good businesses, and learned English on their own to do it....they had to - why? again, there is no "push 2 for vietnamese"....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.