The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The politics of fear

This was sent the other day.

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    You have been seeing it (closing Gitmo, actually consulting with the other party, passing a stimulus package, overturning some of the more ridiculous Bush executive orders, a press conference 2 weeks rather than 9 months into the presidency, etc, etc) and you have been b*tching and moaning because you don't like it.

It's only been 2 weeks. There is a LOT more to come. And, once Franken is seated that's one less 'centrist' Republican that the Senate hast to pick up to avoid a filibuster.

I have a feeling you won't be welcoming a lot of the 'change' that is coming.
    I'm confused. You tout the fact that he "actually consulted with the other party" as if that's admirable. But in the next paragraph you're downright giddy at the notion that Obama is one step closer to being able
    to tell the GOP centrists to piss off. Is working with the Republicans a good or bad thing?

Btw, Gitmo isn't closed, a stimulus package isn't passed, and Bush's first press conference wasn't 9 months in; it was in February. But yes, you're right...thank goodness Obama intervened with that crazy Bush executive order and the American taxpayers are once again subsidizing abortions in various third world stench holes. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I'm confused. You tout the fact that he "actually consulted with the other party" as if that's admirable. But in the next paragraph you're downright giddy at the notion that Obama is one step closer to being able
    to tell the GOP centrists to piss off. Is working with the Republicans a good or bad thing?
    It is a good thing, and I hope it continues.
    Btw, Gitmo isn't closed, a stimulus package isn't passed,
    Give me a break. The executive order has signed. Gitmo is being closed down. And the stimulus cleared the Senate. There will be the handwringing from the left and the wishful thinking on the right that the Senate and House won't be able to reconcile, but that's a bunch of hooey from both sides. You and I both know the bill is going through.

and Bush's first press conference wasn't 9 months in; it was in February.
    You are right about that one. It was his second term that he waited nine months.
    But yes, you're right...thank goodness Obama intervened with that crazy Bush executive order and the American taxpayers are once again subsidizing abortions in various third world stench holes. Whew!
    The order allows the US to provide family planning aid to organizations, but does NOT allow US money to provide funding for abortions. The moratorium previously did not allow the US to provide funds for contraception to any organization that also preformed abortions.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    This was sent the other day.

The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Btw, Gitmo isn't closed, a stimulus package isn't passed, and Bush's first press conference wasn't 9 months in; it was in February. But yes, you're right...thank goodness Obama intervened with that crazy Bush executive order and the American taxpayers are once again subsidizing abortions in various third world stench holes. Whew!

I really want the Dems to have complete control...I want the U.S. to see what do nothing morons CANíT accomplish when given the chance.

Time to shut up and put up Dems

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    I really want the Dems to have complete control...I want the U.S. to see what do nothing morons CANíT accomplish when given the chance.

Time to shut up and put up Dems
    You mean, sort of like Bush has in 2001?

So Jeff...is that the way it's gonna be? BHO is NOT to be held accountable if Bush 43 did the opposite (or the same, depending on what the Dems need to bitch about) at ANY time during his administration?

BHO said in his press "conference" (a staged address with planted questions...I loved it.....) that our current financial situation might not turn around regardless of what happens during his administration. Now if that is not setting us up to accept failure under his watch, I don't know what is......he's been in office three weeks and he's already telling us that failure will be the fault of the situation that he inherited.

So that's what "change" is.....glad to know the current definition, 'cause that sure isn't what was being said when the campaign was going on.

And I loved the comment from the woman from Elkhart, IN, who wanted to know when all that stimulus money was going to be coming to her town....did he leave them an IOU?

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You mean, sort of like Bush has in 2001?
    Bush is gone...Your boy is on the stage now...lets do something whiners.

Bush didnt even run in 2008...Bush was a disappointment to the Right as well.
    Last edited by Patrick Johndrow; 02-10-2009 at 11:11 AM.

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    I love that one