The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Party Politics aside......

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Booty - check out Chile.

The Stimulus should be renamed The Big Hand Shake.
    Chile gives me heartburn. I've heard good things about Chile but, I like the idea of waking up in the morning and looking at the Pacific Ocean. Plus, Costa Rica is only a 3.5 hour flight to Houston.

Backpasture, their health system allows you to pick your own doctor and you don't have to wait months to see one. The USA curently has the best health care in the world, why would anyone want to change it? Even the poor can get medical care in this country through Medicaid and Charity Hospitals.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-10-2009 at 05:01 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    I might as well move to Canada and at least enjoy some great beer.
    With higher taxes and paying more for healthcare in Canada, I'm staying right here and take my chances. Don't let the door hit you where your brains appear to be on the way out. The beer is ok at best, unless you get an import and have to pay twice as much for it as you would here.

Quote Originally Posted by greg magee View Post
    With higher taxes and paying more for healthcare in Canada, I'm staying right here and take my chances. Don't let the door hit you where your brains appear to be on the way out. The beer is ok at best, unless you get an import and have to pay twice as much for it as you would here.
    It was tongue in cheek, but thanks for your concern.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Backpasture, their health system allows you to pick your own doctor and you don't have to wait months to see one.
    Yes, and so do many countries' nationalized health care plans.

The USA curently has the best health care in the world, why would anyone want to change it.
    Measured how?

Life expectancy?
    No, lots of countries beat us there.

Satisfaction with quality of care?
    No, lots of countries beat us there, too.

The amount we spend?
    Well, we definitely come out on top on that one!

Even the poor can get medical care in this country through Medicaid and Charity Hospitals.
    Yes, but they can't get preventive care, so they end up in the emergency room, then they can't pay their bills. And so those of us who have insurance end up paying for that. Not to mention that medial expenses are the number one cause of bankruptcy in this country.

Best in the world, indeed!
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Chile gives me heartburn. I've heard good things about Chile but, I like the idea of waking up in the morning and looking at the Pacific Ocean. Plus, Costa Rica is only a 3.5 hour flight to Houston.

Backpasture, their health system allows you to pick your own doctor and you don't have to wait months to see one. The USA curently has the best health care in the world, why would anyone want to change it? Even the poor can get medical care in this country through Medicaid and Charity Hospitals.
    About two years ago I was looking at a Tuscan style place overlooking the ocean. It was perched upon a cliff on 10 acres. 3000 sq' house with a separate guest house. The weather in the area is mediterranean...$280k.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Newcomb View Post
    I may be completely wrong but it seems that much of the advancement in medicine comes from the US. With no incentive to excell won't that hurt medicine world wide.

I admit I am no medical expert.
    I believe you're right in some respects. However, our own population does not appear to receive the benefits of all that health care. We are 35th in life expectancy, 46th in infant mortality, and 3rd in per capita health expenditures. To rub salt in the wound, we fare worse than Cuba on almost every measure of health and health care.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I believe you're right in some respects. However, our own population does not appear to receive the benefits of all that health care. We are 35th in life expectancy, 46th in infant mortality, and 3rd in per capita health expenditures. To rub salt in the wound, we fare worse than Cuba on almost every measure of health and health care.
    I would think diet has a lot more to do with those stats then our health care system does.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    ...Measured how?...
    Speed that the average citizen that can get any care they need or want.

Average citizen being able to access the very best doctors or clinics.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Measured how?
    Best in the world, indeed!
    Jeff, I'll have to rent the Michael Moore DVD and tell you if I agree on the Cuba to USA comparisons on health care. Backpasture, I measure quality/value of my health care by how much I spend on it/quality of care. Fair? My annual cost of monthy health insurance through my employer, meds/docotrs visit, dentist, annual physical, poison oak etc is $2,000. I find that wonderful and consider myself lucky. In 05, I had one stint inserted to clear a blockage. I entered the hospital of my choice and immediatly examined by an ER MD. That was $1,800. out of pocket. The fact that I was back on my feet in two days made me realize how good we have it!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-10-2009 at 06:20 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Where do you get your facts?

Oh I forgot...you're liberal and just make stuff up to fit your screeching.

P A T H T I C !!!