The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Party Politics aside......

Funny, the data clearly shows that universal health care is far less expensive per person.
    CAN YOU SAY RATIONING?
    No worries, just keep the "BLINDERS" on, and read what they have in mind for all of you
    "Old Folks".

Ice Flow Regards

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Interesting that we have patients come to us form Canada (LOTS), Italy, Spain, England, France, and most of South America seeking our services which cost them about 20K plus travel expenses and a four to six week stay.
    We must have something better than they have when they could get the same at home for free donít you think?
    Give a Florida orthopedic surgeon a call this time of year and schedule a hip or knee replacement and I promise you while you are being prepped for surgery you will hear a whole lot of Ehís and abooots coming from all the Canadians that come down here because they canít wait for it up in the great white north.
    Hey BP I am sure that if they open up travel to Cuba you will be heading right on down there for all your treatments rightÖ..
    America is probably the most popular destination for "medical tourism". Interestingly, one of the things that's helping that now is the low value of the dollar. Increasingly, however, Americans are themselves becoming medical tourists to other countries including India (where medical tourism is now estimated at $2 billion/year and growing at 30%/year), several Latiin American countries, Thailand, South Africa, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Funny, the data clearly shows that universal health care is far less expensive per person.
    CAN YOU SAY RATIONING?
    No worries, just keep the "BLINDERS" on, and read what they have in mind for all of you
    "Old Folks".

Ice Flow Regards
    I think we ration services now. We do it in most doctors' offices where insurers have effectively forced the length of visits to be shorter and shorter, and in the requirement that referrals pass through your primary care physician under a high percentage of plans. Finally, we ration care by effectively excluding 10-20% of our population from receiving non-emergent care because of inability to pay. The question is not do we or should we ration services, but how should we do it. One of the side effects of the approach we use now is that the uninsured end up needing more expensive services because they are less likely to receive preventive services when needed. The cost of these more expensive services ends up being paid through Medicaid.

There is a really easy answer to this....

Look how much our government screws up nearly everything....Do you really want them in charge of your healthcare?

What programs does are government run efficiently....very few or none.

No thanks...I'l keep paying for my health insurance. My two sons were born very early...one weighing less than 2 lbs. Well over a million in bills and still counting. My insurance has been a pleasure to deal with....I cant say the same about any government agency....even getting a drivers license takes a whole afternoon....
    Chris N. Clark

[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;399068]I think we ration services now. [QUOTE]

This hasnt been my experience....my insurance company pays for everything my kids need, even a PREVENTATIVE RSV shot that cost over 6K per month between the 2 kids.

The doctors and my insurance have not rationed anything....both have done everything they could to help my kids.
    Chris N. Clark

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    America is probably the most popular destination for "medical tourism". Interestingly, one of the things that's helping that now is the low value of the dollar. Increasingly, however, Americans are themselves becoming medical tourists to other countries including India (where medical tourism is now estimated at $2 billion/year and growing at 30%/year), several Latiin American countries, Thailand, South Africa, etc.

I might point out....that 2 billion/year sounds like a big number.....it's not.....its like bill gates dropping a nickle and not picking it up....
    Last edited by Clark; 02-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Chris N. Clark

If you haven't seen the Documetaries by Micheal Moore, I think everyone in the US needs to watch. He has numerous one from 911 Farenheit to the best one about Healthcare American, British, & Canadian. (It's called Sicko)
    I have been in the healthcare field over twenty years and it's scary what we do to people.
    Rent these titles, they are at most Family Video's and blockbusters!! They are interesting!!

Surely you are joking about using a Micheal Moore anything as a reference to anything.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

Personally I hope the FATSUMBITCH keeps eating so he can go to KUBA
    for his Quadruple Bypass.

"If you haven't seen the Documetaries by Micheal Moore, I think everyone in the US needs to watch"

Anyone who uses anything this TURD puts out as an example is in need of serious REHAB!

Gimme What She's Smokin

Sorry to see that all you can do is bash people on the physical level, insecurties pop up so frequently here especially with narrow minded individuals.

Can You not get beyond his physical appearance and get to the hard facts. I welcome you to work with me and see what the reality is about. We currenlty do ration health care in america. I am sure you have great benefits because you speak so harshly.

Really sir what needs rehab is America's Health Care System. Glad to hear you are the judge and jury.