The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Party Politics aside......

Sorry to see that all you can do is bash people on the physical level, insecurties pop up so frequently here especially with narrow minded individuals.

No, not narrow minded, Just believe in the RED WHITE AND BLUE not the HAMMER AND CICKLE.

Best Regards Comrade

Facts: Medical Bankruptcy is the number one cause of Bankruptcy in the US.
    Which happens to good people with good insurance.

FYI : Medical Billing example ( Factual quote of costs in the Springfield, Illinois location)

If you have insurance you can get an MRI for $2040.00
    If you Don't have insurance you can get an MRI for $450.00.

Medicaid, the most expensive health care in the US, that You and I are paying for.

I believe in the RED,White, and Blue too.
    Unlike you I am not willing to bend over for it.

Signed Your Comrade, Regards

Quote Originally Posted by amatuerdogtrainerswife View Post

If you have insurance you can get an MRI for $2040.00
    If you Don't have insurance you can get an MRI for $450.00.
    I think you might confusing billing with paying....the insurance companies dont pay near the dollar amount of the bill....Same as medicaid doesnt pay near the bill either...
    Chris N. Clark

Maybe some miscommunication happened depending on how you read the post.

I was trying to point out the actual cost of something (ie a medical test) that can be done. It was not comparing billing with paying.

That is a seperate debate. The facts are we in the medical field have raised the bar on all of our costs which in turn as we all know we bill the insurance more. We all know we never get the full amount of what we ask for from the insurance companies at least on the billing end.

Quote Originally Posted by amatuerdogtrainerswife View Post
    Maybe some miscommunication happened depending on how you read the post.

I was trying to point out the actual cost of something (ie a medical test) that can be done. It was not comparing billing with paying.

That is a seperate debate. The facts are we in the medical field have raised the bar on all of our costs which in turn as we all know we bill the insurance more. We all know we never get the full amount of what we ask for from the insurance companies at least on the billing end.
    Oh and why is that? Does it have anything to do with the government setting reimbursement rates for Medicare /Medicaid and that being the standard by which all insurance companies base their reimbursements on? You better believe it does. The health care delivers are not what is broken in the health care system, what is broken is that you have non medical professionals, including the government, that determines what is paid and what can be done. We see it all the time. While your example is fairly accurate you fail to point out that while insurance may in some cases be billed more because they pay less, the fact is that in the end the insurance also ends up paying far less that the cash paying patient who is charged less to begin with. Cash patient billed $1000 pays $1000, insurance patient billed $2000 and the insurance company pays $700.
    We have someone who I was just reviewing yesterday that needs a certain procedure because it is necessary for another procedure. That is to say that in order to do the needed procedure another procedure has to first be done. The patients insurance company will not pay for the first procedure because they deem it not to be necessary. They will pay for the second procedure because they do deem it necessary, but keep in mind the second cannot be done with out doing the first procedure first. This is all too common and is proof that insurance companies, and any other company or agency, has no business dictating health care.
    Another example, why after three back surgeries do I have to first see a primary care doctor before I can go to my regular neurosurgeon? Every time I do this my PCP doesn’t even look at me he just tells me to go see my other doctor, in fact after all the work I have had done my PCP does not even want to have anything to do with my back, yet he gets an office charge at a minimum ever time I need care for something he wants nothing to do with. Sounds like good management to me.
    BTW- we often discuss the option of not taking insurance for our patients (they pay us and send the bill to the ins). We could drop our prices fully 30% and we would still make more money than we do now
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

My friend sells wheelchairs and medical needs stuff for the home. Medicaid will not pay for 150.00 grab bars for a elderly persons bath tub but will pay for a broken hip high dollar bed and high dollar wheelchair. Kind of like stepping over a twenty dollar bill to pick up a twenty.

On another note I read a sig line on another forum " I have seen government run housing I dont want to see them run health care"

On a last note I go see my dentist and he knows I dont have dental insurance and my bill is way cheaper than if I was billed the insured amount.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Interesting that we have patients come to us form Canada (LOTS), Italy, Spain, England, France, and most of South America seeking our services which cost them about 20K plus travel expenses and a four to six week stay.
    Citation? Source?

Or, from your backside again?
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

2 a (1): the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association (2): acquaintance with or understanding of a science, art, or technique b (1): the fact or condition of being aware of something (2): the range of one's information or understanding <answered to the best of my knowledge> c: the circumstance or condition of apprehending truth or fact through reasoning : cognition d: the fact or condition of having information or of being learned <a person of unusual knowledge>

I think this is where his source comes from, read 2a1.
    Just trying to help a Brotha out Corey

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    2 a (1): the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association (2): acquaintance with or understanding of a science, art, or technique b (1): the fact or condition of being aware of something (2): the range of one's information or understanding <answered to the best of my knowledge> c: the circumstance or condition of apprehending truth or fact through reasoning : cognition d: the fact or condition of having information or of being learned <a person of unusual knowledge>

I think this is where his source comes from, read 2a1.
    Just trying to help a Brotha out Corey
    Actually, what you are describing is 'anectdotal evidence'.
    Last edited by backpasture; 02-12-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

[QUOTE=backpasture;399820]Actually, what you are describing is 'anectdotal evidence'.[/QUOTE