The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Party Politics aside......

[QUOTE=backpasture;399820]Actually, what you are describing is 'anectdotal evidence'.[/QUOTE
    I do believe it is ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually the 46 million uninsured (15.9% of the population) excludes all those receiving military health benefits (3.8% or the population), all those receiving Medicaid (13%), and Medicare (13.7%), as well as those covered by private plans provided through their employers (59.5%) or purchased privately (9.1%). (http://www.cbpp.org/8-29-06health.htm)
    Actually, the table adds up to 115% so it's a tad invalid....or, they have some non-standard way of reading it. The numbers across should add to 100% it seems to me.<shrug>

Thanks. I was using some figures that Carmen Paglia cited a couple years ago.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Actually, the table adds up to 115% so it's a tad invalid....or, they have some non-standard way of reading it. The numbers across should add to 100% it seems to me.<shrug>

Thanks. I was using some figures that Carmen Paglia cited a couple years ago.

Eric
    I don't have time to look at it right now but suspect that the reason is that many of the insured have coverage through multiple sources.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If we wish to get rid of socialized medicine, let's get rid of health insurance altogether. If we still want insurance as a matter of personal risk management, have each person pay 100% of the cost and either provide no tax benefit or an equal dollar benefit to all people in the population.
    Or how about something sensible like we use only use insurance for serious issues and we pay out of pocket for routine. Just think how much car insurance would be if it covered oil changes and brake replacement.

Look at Laser eye surgery. Insurance doesn't cover it and the costs have continuously gone down. Competition is a good thing.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by amatuerdogtrainerswife View Post
    Maybe some miscommunication happened depending on how you read the post.

I was trying to point out the actual cost of something (ie a medical test) that can be done. It was not comparing billing with paying.

That is a seperate debate. The facts are we in the medical field have raised the bar on all of our costs which in turn as we all know we bill the insurance more. We all know we never get the full amount of what we ask for from the insurance companies at least on the billing end.
    I can send of my customers a bill for 1 million dollars, but if they previously agreed to pay 100K then I would say the actual cost is 100K since that is what I am depositing. Cost is dependant upon what is paid in your field, not what is billed.

I think you are confusing billing and paying....it is not a seperate debate....paying and depositing is the only thing that matters.
    Chris N. Clark

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Citation? Source?

Or, from your backside again?

Citation or source??? WTF you douchebag? Your calling me a liar? My practice does and has had people from all over the world come here seeking our services on a regular basis. The fact that you’re a dumbass ticks me off enough but when you want to personally insult me that is another thing. Call me a liar in person and the only backside you will need to worry about is yours
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke