The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Praise the Lord, the Messiah is coming to save my town

Default Praise the Lord, the Messiah is coming to save my town

Praise the Lord, the Messiah is coming to save my town! BHO himself will be bringing loaves and fishes to save our poor town form despair. After the New Yorker reported that a suburb of Ft. Myers, Lehigh Acres, is the next national “slum” and the New York Times reported that our area hotels and retail stores were vacant (during the summer mind you) BHO has decided to make us an example of how bad off the country is. The big reason for these reports? A huge number of homes in foreclosure in that area with a great number sitting empty. While that may sound bleak it does not truly portray the actual facts that surround the situation. Lehigh Acres (as well as Cape Coral) is the famed Florida Swamp Land, or sorts. It is in the middle of nowhere and the only people who live there, or should I say lived there, are people who have migrated to sunny Florida to get in on the BOOM! It has always been a sham of a “town” and has long preyed on out of towners to buy into the Florida dream. During the recent real estate boom a ton of speculators built houses in the area just waiting to make the big bucks form selling them to the unsuspecting folks coming down to get into the very boom that created the whole mess in the first place. The fact is that while there are hundreds or even a few thousand homes sitting vacant and in foreclosure, over 60% of them were NEVER occupied in the first place. These are spec homes that were built with the intention of the investor getting rich fast. The number for vacant homes in that area does not equate to the numbers of families that have lost their homes. One other fact in the number of vacant homes is that Bank of America was financing foreigners without proof of being legal. A HUGE number of illegal and a smaller number of legal aliens were in this area cashing in on the building boom. Many simply left the area to return home. I don’t mean to sound racist, but a year ago most places sounded like you were in Mexico and now you can hardly find a person speaking Spanish here.
    The New Yorker also reported swelling soup lines at our soup kitchens. I have yet another news flash for you during the winter our homeless population always swells. It is much easier to live in the woods when it is 70 degrees than living in the ice and snow. I use to work for an agency that worked with the homeless and every year about May Greyhound tickets were given to most of them to get them out of our system and back up north (sad but true).
    This may be a rambling post, but the point I am trying to make is that BHO is going to put on a big show at my communities expense. We rely on tourist dollars and this is not going to do anything to help us and certainly will not make more people want to come spend their vacation dollars in America’s next slum. Our area is not that bad off, just this one community and even then it is greedy investors who rode the boom too long. I am not saying we don’t have the same problems that the rest of the nation has, just that we are far from being that bad or as bad as the New York media seems to make us out to be,
    Thanks BHO for doing your part to help us out of our bleak situation, you really give me hope for change (too bad it won’t be for at least 4 years).
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Here we go, this from Yahoo

His calculation: The best way to win support for his economic stimulus and bank-rescue programs is to return to a campaign-style format to draw the connection between the votes in the capital and the depressed precincts of Elkhart, Indiana, and Fort Myers, Florida.

I don't know about Elkhart, but our area is far from depressed, except maybe over the fact that BHO is coming to town.

In Fort Myers, where he goes Feb. 10, the unemployment rate has risen to 10 percent from six percent in a year because of soaring foreclosures and sinking tourism.

Wrong again. Tourism is down and sure I will give that can have some effect on the unemployment rate, although it is just now tourist season and hotels are doing very well so I doubt it contributes much to the unemployement. More to the point is that our major job market was in construction. Last month Lee County issued less then 30 new permits, down form a high of about 3000 per month. That goes back to the point that too many houses were built on speculation and nobody ever lived in them. The real estate industry estimates it will take 4-5 years to go through the "existing new home" market before any new homes need to be built. I am not a rocket scientist, just a scientist, but I am not sure how the high foreclosure rate has anything to do with unemployment rates other than too many people were working due to easy credit and speculation. These houses should not have been built in the first place becasue there were/are not enough people to fill them.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing an idiot.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Spot on Bob...this is what we get when we mismanage our village idiots. I think it was Nostradumbas that prophesied about this very messiah..."the village idiots will breed and multiply and out of the multitude will come a great idiot king... "
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I hope this kind of information gets to people like Bill O'Reilly.

America needs to know this stuff.

I am curious how many millions we are spending for him to campaign style this deal???
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

Spot on Bob...this is what we get when we mismanage our village idiots. I think it was Nostradumbas that prophesied about this very messiah..."the village idiots will breed and multiply and out of the multitude will come a great idiot king... "

And apparently he is being joined by your Republican Governor, who is supporting the stimulus (along with the majority of the country). Does that make Gov. Crist a 'disciple'?

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...itch-stimulus/
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Unfortunately all political leaders are being bought off by throwing money at them. I live in a VERY red town in a VERY red state and our leaders are all excited because at one time they thought they would get some money to build a stinking water park. Now that they have found out that isn't happening they are excited because they may get some money to dig a new water line to the Regional Center.

The bottom line is Politicians love other peoples money.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Newcomb View Post
    Unfortunately all political leaders are being bought off by throwing money at them.

The bottom line is Politicians love other peoples money.
    I guess that means the Republicans are going to be supporting the Stimulus Bill then?
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Backpasturd, Field Trial or Hunt Test?
    Lardy or Graham?
    Amish or E-Collar?
    Labs or Goldens?
    We know your politics, how bout your training philosophy?

Inquiring Minds Regards