The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the USA the greatest country in the world?

Default Is the USA the greatest country in the world?

Yes or No?

I vote yes, although I fear that we are on the decline.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

I don't know how anyone can call one country "the best" any more than I would know how to say one state is "the best." America is my home and my country. My family came here 335 years ago and members of my family fought in the Revolution, the Civil War, both World Wars, Korea, and Vietnam. I lived in many countries while I was growing up but never questioned the fact that this is my country, right or wrong. As a citizen, however, I also believe that it is my duty to try to make it better to the extent that I can. For me, America is best. I would hope that people from around the world feel the same about their own countries.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Before we get too far into the present administration I think that WAS will be the operant word.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Yes or No?

I vote yes, although I fear that we are on the decline.
    When it is all said and done and people can look back through history at all of the societies that have affected the world in a significant way. I think it will be yes absolutely; this has been a great society that the people of the world have benefited from.

Right now it seems that social engineering and revisionism are winning the day, and even if someone agrees this is a good country, they will not say it for fear that someone would think that they are not with it.
    Last edited by K.Bullock; 02-12-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: toned down; excessive cynicism
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

That is strictly a matter of opinion and my opinion is YES no matter who is in charge currently. This too shall change some day. I remember when Regan was elected and many of my friedns parents thought it was "the end of the USA as we know it" same was true of many presidents but I hope we are a strong enough nation to survive what ever comes our way
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Yes, that's why I came here to live.

Yes, we STILL are. However, the downward spiral began with LBJ and apathy runs rampant. Rome lasted 1,100 years, will we make it to 250?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

AHH HELL FRANCO, WE CAN STILL CATCH ENOUGH SPECKS TO SURVIVE ON.
    Got a bag with your name on it and should be in your Hood next week for
    delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    AHH HELL FRANCO, WE CAN STILL CATCH ENOUGH SPECKS TO SURVIVE ON.
    Got a bag with your name on it and should be in your Hood next week for
    delivery.
    Are the specs biting already? Give me a call and we'll go and eat some stuffed turkey wings! I'll be in Coata Rica for Mardi Gras week.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

don't know how anyone can call one country "the best" any more than I would know how to say one state is "the best." America is my home and my country. My family came here 335 years ago and members of my family fought in the Revolution, the Civil War, both World Wars, Korea, and Vietnam. I lived in many countries while I was growing up but never questioned the fact that this is my country, right or wrong. As a citizen, however, I also believe that it is my duty to try to make it better to the extent that I can. For me, America is best. I would hope that people from around the world feel the same about their own countries. Yesterday 04:09 PM

Jeff I totally agree with you. WOW
    People have flock here from all over the world for hundreds of years. They must have seen something they like.

I love my country and all the hard working honest people but I loath our treasonous government and those who put the buck before the people.

Pete