The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Market

R.- it went from 11,000+ to the 8000's in Bush's last year in office.

my company's stock (GD) was $95+ less than a year ago. by October 2008 it had fallen deep into the 50's. this despite the largest backlog in the corporation's history and an EXCELLENT PRICE/EARNINGS RATIO.

so, which one of you has the answers to our economic problems? i know i don't. it appears the rest of the world's nations don't, either.

i do think the war in Iraq was a big part of the problem in this country.-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 02-20-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

i didn't mean to single you out, Corey. i did mean to address the generalalized statements that many of our conservative friends have put up on this forum.

please accept my apology.-Paul

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Paul
    I don’t know the answer, but I bet a big help would be for people and nations to live within their means. Most of our mess now is because of easy credit to people/businesses/corporations/governments that had no business getting it. Even big “healthy” companies/contries were/are guilty of over extending themselves and we are paying the price for it now. I don’t know enough to know how things like real estate values can soar like they did. At one point my house was “worth” 500K. I promise you it is not really worth that, maybe 250K, but never 500K. I am not sure how we got there. I looked at real estate during the growing boom and it just never seemed like a good idea to me that I could buy something for 200K and in a few months or a year it would be worth 400K. It is that old “if it sounds too good to be true” thing, but I guess most people didn’t understand that. Same was true of the internet bubble, how in the hell was a company that had no real assents, such as Amazon, worth a billion dollars? How do these things get so blown up?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

i am just as confused concerning real estate values as you are.....

i agree with you 100% concerning living within your means.-Paul

Is this panic selling? Stocks are over sold the value to price should be turning the market around. Momentum traders keep driving the price to where confidence in the market is shaken. The same momentum drove oil to the range of over $100 + per barrel.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

i would say that was GREED....-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    i would say that was GREED....-Paul

And how would you caracterize what your liberal politicians did with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    And how would you caracterize what your liberal politicians did with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? UB

Their politicians are not liberal in the eyes of the sheeple - they are middle of the roaders - along with yellow lines & dead skunks.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    i do think the war in Iraq was a big part of the problem in this country.-Paul
    Wars are generally good for our economy, not that I advocate starting one for the economy's sake. However, my instincts tell me that Obomo will start a war with either Pakistan or Iran to help maintain popularity. Maybe sending more troops to Afgan. is a step he'll take in proving my instincts correct. Lets send troops over the boaders could be logical to this naive President.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

i think there's a difference between lousy oversight and rampant profiteering thru futures option trading.

the politicians in leadership positions were not manipulating the market to reap obscene profits at the expense of us all. they just didn't do their job as it should have been done.

where were "your" politicians at the time, on recess?

this was already addressed on this forum months ago. perhaps you forgot?

i'm just glad a lot of those margin magicians took a bath when their house of cards collapsed. serves them right. there was no basis for $140 per barrel oil other than GREED!-Paul