The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Stock Market

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    Wind, solar and geothermal have the same issues with economics as the ethanol does. Without subsidies, it is much cheaper to build gas or coal power plants. Wind and solar are located far away from the dense population areas needing power. Biomass is actually a more efective solar collector than solar panels.
    We need coal over the next 25 years or we won’t have electricity…what wind, solar and geothermal give you that ethanol doesn’t is they do not put pressure on other commodities or require energy inputs for its creation. Subsidies SHOULD be investments in our future not just short-term pillaging of the coffers.

I wish our politician would put half as much effort into our energy issues as we have here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    We need coal over the next 25 years or we won’t have electricity…what wind, solar and geothermal give you that ethanol doesn’t is they do not put pressure on other commodities or require energy inputs for its creation. Subsidies SHOULD be investments in our future not just short-term pillaging of the coffers.

I wish our politician would put half as much effort into our energy issues as we have here today.
    Wind and solar have storage issues. Until they are solved reasonably, they are going to have issues.

There is a consensus of engineers that have debated this topic over and over, and have came to the conclusion that mini-nukes are the most viable option with recycling of the nuclear material. Politics and the fear from the un-informed won't let them happen.

When you remove the emotional attachements to ideas, and start looking at the pure economics of each alternative without subsidies, the truth will emerge. The best enterance point for each alternative may differ at different fossil fuel costs.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    Wind and solar have storage issues. Until they are solved reasonably, they are going to have issues.

The solved the storage issues for cell phones…anyone remember the guys with the battery pack belts? so I am confident we can figure out the storage on a larger scale.
    Last edited by Patrick Johndrow; 03-31-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    The solved the storage issues for cell phones…anyone remember the guys with the battery pack belts? so I am confident we can figure out the storage on a larger scale.
    I hope so. I am scared of the future for my kids if solutions aren't developed.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

As of 12:20 today:

DOW - 9912
    S&P - 1078

Anyone care to update their projections from this thread? (Corey had estimated DOW at 5000 for example).

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

DOW - 9912
    S&P - 1078

Anyone care to update their projections from this thread? (Corey had estimated DOW at 5000 for example).
    If I could accurately predict the stock market, I wouldn't be sitting at this desk!!

just sayin'........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If I could accurately predict the stock market, I wouldn't be sitting at this desk!!

just sayin'........
    If I had the guts to follow through on my predictions, I'd be running a truck load of field trial dogs, not just two...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

DOW - 9912
    S&P - 1078

As I said on all the threads dealing with this subject - A buying opportunity probably never again equalled in anyone's lifetime. So, I put my money where my posts were.

Portfolio up 70% over the March low - in reality it is close to where it was at 14K Dow so I am .

Sold PPC for a 350% ST gain, a TBill for a 45% gain, & FBSprA for 28% ST gain. Don't like ST gains but circumstances warranted the move. Interestingly, with those sales, cash position is same as in March before I started adding to the portfolio.

I missed JWN, NXY, CEDC, & a couple of others when they took a temporary drop but not entirely unhappy with what I was able to pick up. Have ENS, a battery storage outfit, which has more than doubled over the buyin price. Gorged on BAC, tripling a position, which has more than trippled in value, that started with BKB. I can't wait for the dividends that will be forthcoming when they get their act together.

I'm still alert to more opportunity, & I'm sure it will be there. The Entrepeneurial spirit still lives in this country. It just don't live in DC. To say Obongo & his minions are a bigger disappointment than expected is an understatement. His appointments are even worse than Bush 43's.

TBS, Am anxiously awaiting the comments from JP, UB & Franco about what is happening.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

My broker explained it this way: When Kmart or a car dealer has a sale, people flock to buy at the discounted price. When Wall Street has a sale, people run away! WallStreet has been having a clearance sale, with everything up to 50% off. I went shopping, but wish I'd bought more!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!