The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan

Default 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan

obomo is sending 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan. where is code stink? where is the media? where are all the libs that would be up in arms if it was bush? it is funny that i have not seen one story in the mainstream media about this. same old story. the double standard is total crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

It just became Obama's war.

Come on ALL the LIbs were for the surge in Iraq right? Right.......????
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

America will regret this election for years to come.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

thought he promised to remove the troops asap. now the election is over we can really see his true thoughts! sickening

If increasing the troop size in A-stan by 50% is what it takes to win/stabilize that country then I support his decision. After the success of The Surge in Iraq, I think the inertia was already going towards increasing the troops in A-stan no matter who was president...Obama, McCain or Bush. I give credit to Obama...he's bucking much of his constituency with this move and he's sticking his neck out on the block a lot further.

But yes, it is funny that there's no public hue and cry from the usual gang of media suspects and Code Pink freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    America will regret this election for years to come.
    I hope we are here to regret it

What I love now is that liberals are pointing to the success of the surge in Iraq.

It kind of reminds me of that video that was circulating around during election time of man on the street interviews. An interviewer portrayed McCain's agenda as Obamas and asked the people if they would support Obama in those conservative positions ....they said yes 100%. Obama's backers do not care about substance so much as a fantasy.

I am glad he is adding troops BTW, although he said it was a mistake when Bush did it. That is why I find it hard to respect Obama.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Given that throughout his campaign Obama made a big point of his plans to increase the number of troops in Afghanistan to try to salvage deteriorating conditions, I suspect that few "liberals" are surprised by this action. As with Hew, I hope the effort is successful. Afghanistan has a tendency to "eat" armies and issues remain with attacks from Pakistan.

Our courageous volunteer army has been shot to pieces during this war and they have been taken for granted over the past many years. When I read the stories of Marine's like Major Douglas Zembiec, the Lion of Fallujah and his acts of bravery I can only wish they were still with us.

If we were honest about this war and really wanted to win it then Obama should reinstate the draft and make it every young man's responsibility to fight for our country. And I'd start by drafting all the politician's kids. We'd find out real quickly how gung-ho they are to continue this war.

I'd be embarrassed if I was a young man in this country who hasn't volunteered to fight for his country.

Otherwise let's get the hell out of there.