The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan

Ladies and Gentlemen:

This subject is an emotional one for me……
    I am on the internet every morning and every night…..
    I have become a “Face book” and “MySpace” junky……….
    Not because I want to find new friends – but to keep in touch the boys of Alpha Co. (I am leaving out the rest on purpose) –
    I am on the internet just to see if any of these men have been logged in….. Why? Because if they can log in –that means No One was Injured or Killed that day…….
    Two of the 130 or so men are very special to me….. They are my son and my son-in-law………….They have been there since July.
    They are in southern Afghanistan – (COB – Terminator). This area is where the Taliban started their efforts and were the Soviets were defeated.
    Both of them have been “Blown Up in Separate – IED incidences – and Both Saved by the MRAP Vehicle.

I do get to speak/text/Web cam every once in a while with them.
    This is what they tell me “THINGS ARE HEATING UP” –They need more troops to make a difference. The Taliban doesn’t fight – they plant bombs and shoot rockets, then run and hide.
    This is a very poor country – even by Iraq standards. I watched a show on the History Channel – “Inside the Taliban”- gave a very interesting background on Afghanistan and the Taliban. – if you can – find it and watch it.)

I am a conservative republican – not an Obama fan – but it does little good for these young men to play politics while we have men in harms way.
    Please let the Military Fight the Fights, Put them in a position to win.
    I don’t care if it is BUSH, Obama or whomever--- support our troops – let them do their jobs- efficiently and effectively.

I am praying every day for our military and our country.
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    So says the military expert otherwise know as BP

Coffee house expert that is...go get another latter BP...is you guys would stop quoting this guy I wouldnt have to see his crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    Coffee house expert that is...go get another latter BP...is you guys would stop quoting this guy I wouldnt have to see his crap.
    Yeah... the "ignore button" doesn't work all that well.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift