The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I just don't get him

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    These copies of the old links don't work. The old links first posted DO work...but sorry.....1001 people is a WEAK sample for a nationwide opinion. Now, for an opinion in a DMA of 500,000 people or less, maybe....and that Gallup poll is 6 weeks old; the stimulus bill is a WEEK old. Methinks your stats are old news.....

kg

Look at the Gallup Poll again. It charts a trend STARTING 6 weeks ago, and shows support increasing over that time.

You can google the CNN poll to see it. It's been published lots of places at this point.

While you're at it, since you are seemingly certain that the data I presented is wrong, let's see what you are basing yout position on (beyond wishful thinking).

These are the facts:
    - The majority of this country supports the stimulus bill.
    - The majority of this country approves of President Obama's performance (by a WIDE margin).
    - The Republican party is shrinking.

You can choose to dismiss these facts as 'flawed methodology' or 'liberal bias', but in doing so you are ignoring the reality of the situation that the Republican party is in.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

That this country is more racially divided than it's been since 1964.....
    And again, you're making a claim that is refuted by the facts.

Pretty much any exit poll you look at has Obama getting roughly the same, or only slighter more, support amongs blacks than Kerry.
    What's the Plan?

kerry got 97% of the black vote?

close he got 88% not quite the same id say~

Through opening up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac money to anyone with a pulse back in 1999............

Thanks, Slick Willy, regards,

kg
    You mean when the Republicans completely controlled Congress?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Newcomb View Post
    Personally I don't need polls, I run a small business and talk to lots of people. Not one of them comes in singing, "YooHoo I just love this new stimulus package. Isn't it great?" It is amazing how many people that do come in just hate this idea and the man behind it.

That's poll enough for me, these are my neighbors.
    NEWSFLASH: Norfolk, Nebraska is not exactly a good sampling of the American public. I don't doubt your neighbors feel that way, but that doesn't mean the rest of the county feels that way.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    kerry got 97% of the black vote?

close he got 88% not quite the same id say~

No. And neither did Obama. Gallup pegs it at 88%/91%.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Look at the Gallup Poll again. It charts a trend STARTING 6 weeks ago, and shows support increasing over that time.
    You are correct. Thanks for pointing that out. Just keep posting that graph every two weeks or so and let's see how it trends, since NONE of those dates actually correspond with when the "stimulus" bill was actually passed.

While you're at it, since you are seemingly certain that the data I presented is wrong, let's see what you are basing your position on (beyond wishful thinking).
    Look at how much LESS "worth" there is in this country since the stinulus bill passed. The DJIA finished down another 100 points today; we're mere points away from a 10 year low....but perhaps that's okay for the dems since it'll create a "connection" of sorts with the last democratic administration.

These are the facts:
    - The majority of this country supports the stimulus bill.
    - The majority of this country approves of President Obama's performance (by a WIDE margin).
    - The Republican party is shrinking.
    Your stats show what your stats show. NONE of your data shows public "support" for the stimulus OR BHO measured AFTER its passing. The value of business in this country shows that BUSINESS does not approve of the stimulus bill. Perhaps that means nothing to you....if that denial keeps you warm at night, so be it.

You can choose to dismiss these facts as 'flawed methodology' or 'liberal bias', but in doing so you are ignoring the reality of the situation that the Republican party is in.
    Please show me where I've dismissed these facts as "flawed methodology" or "liberal bias." Just don't come off so high and mighty that the policies of the last democratic administration had NOTHING to do with the financial morass that the country is in today. In all candor, I could give a tinker's damn what party is in power. WHOEVER is in power needs to start caring more about the American people and NOT their own egos and pockets....'cause pretty soon, those people who voted to put BHO in the Big Seat are gonna start calling for the return of that Seat....IF the "Change" that he touted does not come to pass.

So far, the only "Change" that has happened is NOT good....polls and statistics don't keep people employed, able to afford mortgages, or spend money to keep everyday retail dollars flowing. "Change" better get to happenin'...or those poll numbers that you live by are gonna dry up.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    you do know that carter and then clinton were the ones that put in place the legislation that made banks give loans to people who couldn't afford them. those two presidents if you recall were democrats...at least i think thats what they were...

anyone else ever notice when republicans state facts they are talking points but when a dem blames bush for something that was clearly put in place by dems its somehow fact....
    I have noticed that the some of the folks on this board who state 'facts' aren't stating facts at all.

(See "The majority of the public may have voted for Obama but they don't support this bill sorry to say." and "the majority is now Hispanic and African Americans with some Anglo wack jobs thrown in" and other greatest hits.)

I've also noticed that many of the folks who claim that dems and indies always 'blame bush' are some of the first to trot out 'B,b,b,but Clinton!' (or even reach back for 'b,b,b, but Carter!'). Not everyone does it in the same post like you, though. Well done!
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You mean when the Republicans completely controlled Congress?
    Yeah...sorta like the democratically controlled Congress let the country go to hell in the past two years....with the lowest confidence ratings in the history of confidence ratings....could be one of the best orchestrated conspiracies of our time.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Your stats show what your stats show. NONE of your data shows public "support" for the stimulus OR BHO measured AFTER its passing.
    Still waiting for the data you are relying on to come up with your 'well-informed' opinion.

Please show me where I've dismissed these facts as "flawed methodology" or "liberal bias."
    Wow. Just a couple posts up, you dismissed the poll because of its methodology. Your words:
    1001 people is a WEAK sample for a nationwide opinion
    What's the Plan?