The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I just don't get him

well throw in 200 illegals and 0% employment and bam 500million americans lose their job

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    I'm sure you 'don't need to see any research', because if you actually looked at any you would know that this isn't remotely true. White Americans make up a significant majority in this country. And, more than 60% of those that voted for Obama are white.
    And virtually 100% of the blacks that voted, voted for Obama. What does that say to you, bp?

You are correct that you are in a minority, though. After all, you are a Republican -- a small and ever-shrinking segment of the population.
    Please show me the research to back up this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    please go ahead and explain how the republicans were to blame for the housing crisis because last i checked it was the dems that pushed legislation through to force banks to loan to people that couldn't afford loans. Not only that but when bush said that freddie and fannie were a problem dems said no they weren't. Barney Frank has a sound byte where he states there is no problem with freddie and fannie, but now we hear him spouting there was. I think he was a little late but hey what do i know im a shrinking minority!
    Those pesky facts don't include Bush 43 so you'll not hear them quoted here. Dems do no wrong, don't you know that? .......................

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

crap youre right what was i thinking!

Much better.

You may begin your submission now.....

kg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Are you using the term Majority of Americans in the sense of those who voted in the election or the entire "American Public"

I would like to see the figures to support your claim.
    I'll just repost the polls I posted previously, since you apparently didn't look at them:

"Sixty percent of those questioned in the poll favored the economic stimulus plan, with 39 percent opposing the package."
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/...lus/index.html

AP-GfK
    52% of Americans approve of the stimulus bill, with 41% disapproving
    http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP_GfK...09_Topline.pdf

And, here is the Gallup poll, which shows the trend:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114691/Ob...y-Support.aspx
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

These copies of the old links don't work. The old links first posted DO work...but sorry.....1001 people is a WEAK sample for a nationwide opinion. Now, for an opinion in a DMA of 500,000 people or less, maybe....and that Gallup poll is 6 weeks old; the stimulus bill is a WEEK old. Methinks your stats are old news.....

kg

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    And virtually 100% of the blacks that voted, voted for Obama. What does that say to you, bp?
    It tells me he has solid support among blacks. What does it tell you?

Please show me the research to back up this statement.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/773/fewe...as-republicans
    March, 2008 poll

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113947/De...y-Largest.aspx
    January, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    please go ahead and explain how the republicans were to blame for the housing crisis because last i checked it was the dems that pushed legislation through to force banks to loan to people that couldn't afford loans. Not only that but when bush said that freddie and fannie were a problem dems said no they weren't. Barney Frank has a sound byte where he states there is no problem with freddie and fannie, but now we hear him spouting there was. I think he was a little late but hey what do i know im a shrinking minority!
    Those pesky facts don't include Bush 43 so you'll not hear them quoted here. Dems do no wrong, don't you know that? .......................

kg
    The Republican Talking Points are that Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and other Democrats did something back in 2003-2005 to relax rules on borrowing. There are a couple of flaws with this argument:
    1) The Republicans controlled both houses of Congress at that point. How did Barney Frank ram though legislation, then? The answer is, he didn't.
    2) There was a bill that actually toughened regulations on Fannie and Freddie that went through Congress (H.R. 1427), but that didn't happen until 2007 -- when the Dems controlled Congress.

Explain to me how the Dems caused this crisis again?
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Through opening up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac money to anyone with a pulse back in 1999............

Thanks, Slick Willy, regards,

kg

So what happened in '04, bp? Even with that sub-par support from the indies, WHY did Kerry win?

Let's see how those numbers stack up in the next couple of years....all the while knowing that if Clinton had done his job when he had the chance, 9/11 and the Iraq war would have NEVER happened and those numbers and this country would look a WHOLE lot different right now....

It tells me he has solid support among blacks. What does it tell you?
    That this country is more racially divided than it's been since 1964.....

kg

you do know that carter and then clinton were the ones that put in place the legislation that made banks give loans to people who couldn't afford them. those two presidents if you recall were democrats...at least i think thats what they were...

anyone else ever notice when republicans state facts they are talking points but when a dem blames bush for something that was clearly put in place by dems its somehow fact....
    Last edited by Cody Covey; 02-20-2009 at 05:02 PM.