The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Understanding Leftists

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I will never understand the left, they live in a bizzaro world.....

Liberal Bizarre: Equating aborting a third term viable fetus with applying the death penalty to some deserving psychopath.

Conservative Bizarre:
    Equating aborting a first or second trimester, non-viable fetus with aborting a third term viable fetus or with murder of an otherwise innocent and healthy child or adult.

Liberal Bizarre:
    Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to their view of environmental issues ...

Conservative Bizarre: Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to corporate behavior in polluting our environment or introducing new and virtually untested additives into our food supply with no consideration of long term consequences.

Liberal Bizarre:
    Proclaiming to be advocates of environmental issues yet rarely do their lifestyles differ appreciably, as it relates to conservation, from those they advocate against.

Conservative Bizarre: Claiming to be Christian while rejecting the most fundamental, and still radical, Christian concepts of charity, justice and compassion.

Liberal Bizarre: They claim to be advocates of free speech, yet go to virtually any college campus and any invitee brought there to speak about an issue that isn’t in line with the left wing world view is shouted down and isn’t allowed to speak.

Conservative Bizarre: Not even pretending to support free speech when the opinions are contrary and particularly opposing free speech of liberal professors in colleges.

Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the first amendment means everyone, yet the second amendment doesn’t.

Conservative
    Bizarre: Claiming the second amendment means everyone under all circumstances, but the first, fourth, fifth, fourteenth, etc., amendments should only apply when convenient.

Liberal Bizarre:
    Claiming the Constitution is a living document, whatever that means, and isn’t to be taken literally.

Conservative Bizarre: Claiming that the second amendment only includes the second half of a two-part sentence, or that the Constitution was somehow intended to protect the unborn
    , or that the Supreme Court's decision in overruling the Florida Supreme Court in 2000 was in some manner a fair and literal reading of the Constitution.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 02-21-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Right on, Jeff!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Liberal Bizarre: Equating aborting a third term viable fetus with applying the death penalty to some deserving psychopath.

Conservative Bizarre:
    Equating aborting a first or second trimester, non-viable fetus with aborting a third term viable fetus or with murder of an otherwise innocent and healthy child or adult.

Liberal Bizarre:
    Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to their view of environmental issues ...

Conservative Bizarre: Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to corporate behavior in polluting our environment or introducing new and virtually untested additives into our food supply with no consideration of long term consequences.

Liberal Bizarre:
    Proclaiming to be advocates of environmental issues yet rarely do their lifestyles differ appreciably, as it relates to conservation, from those they advocate against.

Conservative Bizarre: Claiming to be Christian while rejecting the most fundamental, and still radical, Christian concepts of charity, justice and compassion.

Liberal Bizarre: They claim to be advocates of free speech, yet go to virtually any college campus and any invitee brought there to speak about an issue that isnít in line with the left wing world view is shouted down and isnít allowed to speak.

Conservative Bizarre: Not even pretending to support free speech when the opinions are contrary and particularly opposing free speech of liberal professors in colleges.

Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the first amendment means everyone, yet the second amendment doesnít.

Conservative
    Bizarre: Claiming the second amendment means everyone under all circumstances, but the first, fourth, fifth, fourteenth, etc., amendments should only apply when convenient.

Liberal Bizarre:
    Claiming the Constitution is a living document, whatever that means, and isnít to be taken literally.

Conservative Bizarre: Claiming that the second amendment only includes the second half of a two-part sentence, or that the Constitution was somehow intended to protect the unborn
    , or that the Supreme Court's decision in overruling the Florida Supreme Court in 2000 was in some manner a fair and literal reading of the Constitution.
    So....Jeff....where's you empirical evidence to support these statements?

Good for the goose/gander regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Right on, Jeff!
    You missed Jeffs original post before he edited it.He had 7 Liberal Bizarres vs. only 4 Conservative Bizarres clearly showing that liberals are more bizarre. He fixed it though to make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    You missed Jeffs original post before he edited it.He had 7 Liberal Bizarres vs. only 4 Conservative Bizarres clearly showing that liberals are more bizarre. He fixed it though to make you happy.
    Actually, they were all there from the beginning. However, when the post saved the paragraph spacing was lost so that multiple points ended up in the same paragraphs.

In response to Keith's request that I provide empirical evidence, I will resort to my new tactic: I'll post mine when subroc posts his. In fact, I tend to think that both the original "liberal" perspectives and my countering "conservative" perspectives are over-stated and do a disservice to thoughtful people from both camps.

In response to Keith's request that I provide empirical evidence, I will resort to my new tactic: I'll post mine when subroc posts his. In fact, I tend to think that both the original "liberal" perspectives and my countering "conservative" perspectives are over-stated and do a disservice to thoughtful people from both camps.
    Exactly what I expected.....

Guess you won't be using the argument in post #6 anymore regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Actually, they were all there from the beginning. However, when the post saved the paragraph spacing was lost so that multiple points ended up in the same paragraph
    Sounds kind of like a Roland Burris explanation.

Conservative Bizarre: Equating aborting a first or second trimester, non-viable fetus with aborting a third term viable fetus or with murder of an otherwise innocent and healthy child or adult.

Liberal bizarre: Let's allow ALL abortions even 3rd trimester, let's fund them abroad too. But let us NEVER use the death penalty even for murdering pedophiles and serial killers.

Liberal Bizarre: Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to their view of environmental issues ...

Liberal bizarre: Let's pass a stimulus package that places more importance on mice than jobs. Let's staff the new cabinet with tax cheats and scofflaws. Let's have an accountable government starting with a $400= million inaugggeration and push through a trillion dollar package of pork before anyone has time to read it. Let's not worry about the law of unintended consequences!

Liberal Bizarre: Proclaiming to be advocates of environmental issues yet rarely do their lifestyles differ appreciably, as it relates to conservation, from those they advocate against.

Liberal Bizarre: Let's claim Christian values especially if we're not.

Liberal Bizarre: They claim to be advocates of free speech, yet go to virtually any college campus and any invitee brought there to speak about an issue that isnít in line with the left wing world view is shouted down and isnít allowed to speak.

Liberal bizarre: Let's call everyone that disagrees with the president a racist. Let's have our attorney general teach us about racial equality by calling us a "Nation of Cowards" while ignoring the fact that blacks are the most racist group in America. Let's depend on college professors and 'community activists' to determine what's best for educating our kids and running our country.

Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the first amendment means everyone, yet the second amendment doesnít.

Conservative Bizarre: Claiming the second amendment means everyone under all circumstances, but the first, fourth, fifth, fourteenth, etc., amendments should only apply when convenient.

Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the Constitution is a living document, whatever that means, and isnít to be taken literally.

Liberal Bizarre: Let's actually change the Constitution so it more reflects what we want and deserve.

Conservative Bizarre: Claiming that the second amendment only includes the second half of a two-part sentence, or that the Constitution was somehow intended to protect the unborn, or that the Supreme Court's decision in overruling the Florida Supreme Court in 2000 was in some manner a fair and literal reading of the Constitution.

Liberal Bizarre: Let's claim the Constitution guarantees everyone a right to a $400,000 house, free medical care, loans whether or not you can pay them back, tax rebates even if you've never paid a dime into the system, an expensive car, rims, 40s, flat screen TVs and forgiveness of all past crimes unless you are a conservative taxpayer.
    There...fixed it for ya Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Exactly what I expected.....

Guess you won't be using the argument in post #6 anymore regards,

kg
    I'll stand by the following statement from post#6 as a non-statistically significant observation from my own personal experience, with the additional note that it does not take political sides:

"My observation is that the more reasoned and fact based the argument, the more irrational will be any ideologically based response."

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Why Even Try...WET Yes, wet, describes you most succinctly.

JD
    My point is the difference between the liberal thinking I see in this country today is so far left of where I am there is no benefit in trying to understand them. All we conservatives need to do is defeat them in the next election (which I am positive will happen) and send them packing.