The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Understanding Leftists

  1. #11
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I will never understand the left, they live in a bizzaro world.....


    Liberal Bizarre: Equating aborting a third term viable fetus with applying the death penalty to some deserving psychopath.


    Conservative Bizarre:
    Equating aborting a first or second trimester, non-viable fetus with aborting a third term viable fetus or with murder of an otherwise innocent and healthy child or adult.

    Liberal Bizarre:
    Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to their view of environmental issues ...

    Conservative Bizarre: Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to corporate behavior in polluting our environment or introducing new and virtually untested additives into our food supply with no consideration of long term consequences.

    Liberal Bizarre:
    Proclaiming to be advocates of environmental issues yet rarely do their lifestyles differ appreciably, as it relates to conservation, from those they advocate against.

    Conservative Bizarre: Claiming to be Christian while rejecting the most fundamental, and still radical, Christian concepts of charity, justice and compassion.

    Liberal Bizarre: They claim to be advocates of free speech, yet go to virtually any college campus and any invitee brought there to speak about an issue that isn’t in line with the left wing world view is shouted down and isn’t allowed to speak.

    Conservative Bizarre: Not even pretending to support free speech when the opinions are contrary and particularly opposing free speech of liberal professors in colleges.

    Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the first amendment means everyone, yet the second amendment doesn’t.

    Conservative
    Bizarre: Claiming the second amendment means everyone under all circumstances, but the first, fourth, fifth, fourteenth, etc., amendments should only apply when convenient.

    Liberal Bizarre:
    Claiming the Constitution is a living document, whatever that means, and isn’t to be taken literally.

    Conservative Bizarre: Claiming that the second amendment only includes the second half of a two-part sentence, or that the Constitution was somehow intended to protect the unborn
    , or that the Supreme Court's decision in overruling the Florida Supreme Court in 2000 was in some manner a fair and literal reading of the Constitution.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 02-21-2009 at 08:51 AM.

  2. #12
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    Right on, Jeff!
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  3. #13
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post


    Liberal Bizarre: Equating aborting a third term viable fetus with applying the death penalty to some deserving psychopath.


    Conservative Bizarre:
    Equating aborting a first or second trimester, non-viable fetus with aborting a third term viable fetus or with murder of an otherwise innocent and healthy child or adult.

    Liberal Bizarre:
    Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to their view of environmental issues ...

    Conservative Bizarre: Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to corporate behavior in polluting our environment or introducing new and virtually untested additives into our food supply with no consideration of long term consequences.

    Liberal Bizarre:
    Proclaiming to be advocates of environmental issues yet rarely do their lifestyles differ appreciably, as it relates to conservation, from those they advocate against.

    Conservative Bizarre: Claiming to be Christian while rejecting the most fundamental, and still radical, Christian concepts of charity, justice and compassion.

    Liberal Bizarre: They claim to be advocates of free speech, yet go to virtually any college campus and any invitee brought there to speak about an issue that isnít in line with the left wing world view is shouted down and isnít allowed to speak.

    Conservative Bizarre: Not even pretending to support free speech when the opinions are contrary and particularly opposing free speech of liberal professors in colleges.

    Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the first amendment means everyone, yet the second amendment doesnít.

    Conservative
    Bizarre: Claiming the second amendment means everyone under all circumstances, but the first, fourth, fifth, fourteenth, etc., amendments should only apply when convenient.

    Liberal Bizarre:
    Claiming the Constitution is a living document, whatever that means, and isnít to be taken literally.

    Conservative Bizarre: Claiming that the second amendment only includes the second half of a two-part sentence, or that the Constitution was somehow intended to protect the unborn
    , or that the Supreme Court's decision in overruling the Florida Supreme Court in 2000 was in some manner a fair and literal reading of the Constitution.
    So....Jeff....where's you empirical evidence to support these statements?

    Good for the goose/gander regards,

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Illinois Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Right on, Jeff!
    You missed Jeffs original post before he edited it.He had 7 Liberal Bizarres vs. only 4 Conservative Bizarres clearly showing that liberals are more bizarre. He fixed it though to make you happy.

  5. #15
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    You missed Jeffs original post before he edited it.He had 7 Liberal Bizarres vs. only 4 Conservative Bizarres clearly showing that liberals are more bizarre. He fixed it though to make you happy.
    Actually, they were all there from the beginning. However, when the post saved the paragraph spacing was lost so that multiple points ended up in the same paragraphs.

    In response to Keith's request that I provide empirical evidence, I will resort to my new tactic: I'll post mine when subroc posts his. In fact, I tend to think that both the original "liberal" perspectives and my countering "conservative" perspectives are over-stated and do a disservice to thoughtful people from both camps.

  6. #16
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    In response to Keith's request that I provide empirical evidence, I will resort to my new tactic: I'll post mine when subroc posts his. In fact, I tend to think that both the original "liberal" perspectives and my countering "conservative" perspectives are over-stated and do a disservice to thoughtful people from both camps.
    Exactly what I expected.....

    Guess you won't be using the argument in post #6 anymore regards,

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Illinois Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually, they were all there from the beginning. However, when the post saved the paragraph spacing was lost so that multiple points ended up in the same paragraph
    Sounds kind of like a Roland Burris explanation.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

    Liberal Bizarre: Equating aborting a third term viable fetus with applying the death penalty to some deserving psychopath.

    Conservative Bizarre: Equating aborting a first or second trimester, non-viable fetus with aborting a third term viable fetus or with murder of an otherwise innocent and healthy child or adult.

    Liberal bizarre: Let's allow ALL abortions even 3rd trimester, let's fund them abroad too. But let us NEVER use the death penalty even for murdering pedophiles and serial killers.

    Liberal Bizarre: Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to their view of environmental issues ...

    Conservative Bizarre: Rarely considering the law of unintended consequences as it relates to corporate behavior in polluting our environment or introducing new and virtually untested additives into our food supply with no consideration of long term consequences.

    Liberal bizarre: Let's pass a stimulus package that places more importance on mice than jobs. Let's staff the new cabinet with tax cheats and scofflaws. Let's have an accountable government starting with a $400= million inaugggeration and push through a trillion dollar package of pork before anyone has time to read it. Let's not worry about the law of unintended consequences!

    Liberal Bizarre: Proclaiming to be advocates of environmental issues yet rarely do their lifestyles differ appreciably, as it relates to conservation, from those they advocate against.

    Conservative Bizarre: Claiming to be Christian while rejecting the most fundamental, and still radical, Christian concepts of charity, justice and compassion.

    Liberal Bizarre: Let's claim Christian values especially if we're not.

    Liberal Bizarre: They claim to be advocates of free speech, yet go to virtually any college campus and any invitee brought there to speak about an issue that isnít in line with the left wing world view is shouted down and isnít allowed to speak.

    Conservative Bizarre: Not even pretending to support free speech when the opinions are contrary and particularly opposing free speech of liberal professors in colleges.

    Liberal bizarre: Let's call everyone that disagrees with the president a racist. Let's have our attorney general teach us about racial equality by calling us a "Nation of Cowards" while ignoring the fact that blacks are the most racist group in America. Let's depend on college professors and 'community activists' to determine what's best for educating our kids and running our country.

    Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the first amendment means everyone, yet the second amendment doesnít.

    Conservative Bizarre: Claiming the second amendment means everyone under all circumstances, but the first, fourth, fifth, fourteenth, etc., amendments should only apply when convenient.

    Liberal Bizarre: Claiming the Constitution is a living document, whatever that means, and isnít to be taken literally.

    Liberal Bizarre: Let's actually change the Constitution so it more reflects what we want and deserve.

    Conservative Bizarre: Claiming that the second amendment only includes the second half of a two-part sentence, or that the Constitution was somehow intended to protect the unborn, or that the Supreme Court's decision in overruling the Florida Supreme Court in 2000 was in some manner a fair and literal reading of the Constitution.

    Liberal Bizarre: Let's claim the Constitution guarantees everyone a right to a $400,000 house, free medical care, loans whether or not you can pay them back, tax rebates even if you've never paid a dime into the system, an expensive car, rims, 40s, flat screen TVs and forgiveness of all past crimes unless you are a conservative taxpayer.
    There...fixed it for ya Jeff

  9. #19
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Exactly what I expected.....

    Guess you won't be using the argument in post #6 anymore regards,

    kg
    I'll stand by the following statement from post#6 as a non-statistically significant observation from my own personal experience, with the additional note that it does not take political sides:

    "My observation is that the more reasoned and fact based the argument, the more irrational will be any ideologically based response."

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Why Even Try...WET Yes, wet, describes you most succinctly.

    JD
    My point is the difference between the liberal thinking I see in this country today is so far left of where I am there is no benefit in trying to understand them. All we conservatives need to do is defeat them in the next election (which I am positive will happen) and send them packing.

Similar Threads

  1. Understanding Women gdg
    By Franco in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 10:48 PM
  2. understanding men gdg
    By DogSquaw in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 10:04 PM
  3. Understanding the anatomy of the Financial crisis
    By cotts135 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
  4. This contradicts what the Leftists told us....
    By road kill in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
  5. PennHip - Understanding Results?
    By FOM in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •