The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Leftists

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Ok, Pat. What is the source for your remarks or is it just opinion?
    The sources of my remarks are founded in conversation with liberals away from RTF. Believe it or not I have a full life away from RTF as most of us do.
    I am not going to debate the issue of being or not being a racist…so I will state in the current political environment I am a racist because I don’t like anything about Obama and wish him nothing but expedient removal from the White House along with his political cronies.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I don't want to understand liberals, I just want to keep them from running or ruining the country.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I
    While I agree with Friedman that free enterprise is the best hope for improving economic well-being, I also expect industry not to be allowed to endanger lives dumping toxic waste where it shouldn't be dumped.
    Look around the globe. The worst polluted areas are those in "enlightened" Marxist countries. The biggest polluter in the US is the federal government.
    Last edited by Steve; 02-21-2009 at 05:24 PM.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

First off, I found Bush to be miles from a conservative. Except for the war and supreme court appointments, he was the best thing lefties could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I assume you're talking about the liberal programs to tap calls without warrants, search library records, and make it illegal to even disclose if you have been investigated in this manner?
    Are you trying to defend leftists by attacking the Patriot Act. In other words are you saying "we suck, but we suck less?"

If by "free market" you mean competitive, I would agree, but if you mean government support for efforts to limit competition (e.g. massive expansion of IP rights, outlawing cross border drug pharmaceutical purchases, outlawing competitive price negotiations for drugs purchased under Medicare, etc.) I think corporate welfare would be a better description.
    I mean free market. I am opposed to all government subsidies, tariffs, bailouts, etc. I do not believe the government has the right to tell companies who they can hire and fire. I don't even think government should keep economic statistics.

It's hard to respond to this without some examples on both sides.
    OK, take Social Security. I don't wish to play in the government program. I will happily be an adult and take care of my own retirement, but I am not allowed.

Well, the example I used was with the top 1% of wage earners with average increases in income of more than 200% while incomes for the lower 80% went up 15% and incomes for the lower 40% went up 5%. Statistics are less readily available for higher income groupings but appear to indicate that the higher you go the bigger the discrepancy.
    Even if it is true, so what? Why is it anyone's business what someone else earns.

It sounds like your definition of liberal is anyone who has served in government in the last few hundred years.

It sounds like your definition of liberal is anyone who has served in government in the last few hundred years.
    Few hundred???? Is that Pelosi math

Well tariffs were imposed from the beginning of the country. Economic statistics began not too long after and business taxes were an integral part of government financing. The first income tax was implemented in 1861. Business subsidies and even wars undertaken specifically to help American businesses happened throughout the 19th century. The first labor laws were also implemented at that time. I actually can't think of any time in our history when the types of programs you decry were not an on-going part of our government activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    The sources of my remarks are founded in conversation with liberals away from RTF. Believe it or not I have a full life away from RTF as most of us do.
    I am not going to debate the issue of being or not being a racist…so I will state in the current political environment I am a racist because I don’t like anything about Obama and wish him nothing but expedient removal from the White House along with his political cronies.
    Now you know how life was on the other side over the last eight years. Cheers!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Now you know how life was on the other side over the last eight years. Cheers!

Not from me...I havent been happy with Bush as a conservative.

Enjoy your few days in the sun...we arent going anywhere brother

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    Not from me...I havent been happy with Bush as a conservative.

Enjoy your few days in the sun...we arent going anywhere brother
    At least we agree on one thing--Bush was just using conservatives.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!