The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban

Default Assault Weapons Ban

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

Dont miss the part about a ban here helping stem the tide of violence in Mexico. So nice of the government to trample on our constitutional rights in aide of a country that can't control their own citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

Dont miss the part about a ban here helping stem the tide of violence in Mexico. So nice of the government to trample on our constitutional rights in aide of a country that can't control their own citizens.
    This from the same guy that called us "cowards!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

Automatic weapons and grenades in Mexico? Did I miss something here? I was under the impression that automatic weapons and grenades were already illegal for the average citizen to buy here.
    So we want to ban semi-automatic weapons in the US in order to stem the tide of machine guns and grenades flowing into Mexico from the US. OK, now I get it. Well that sounds reasonable..... if you happen to be either insane or a completely rabid anti-gun moonbat or a politician who wants to disarm the populace. How can anyone be stupid enough to buy into this crap? Evidently half of our population is at least that stupid.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Evidently half of our population is at least that stupid.
    yeah..........you got that right
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

And the pro-gun democrats that i know ..said " No! Obama doesn't want to ban guns... Hopefully the kool-aid they drank during the election will not have lasting effects. If Holder keeps it up a Republican resurgence will be a sure thing.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Surprisingly, Pelosi isn't too receptive to the idea:
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-02-26.html

As an Obama supporter, I'm less than impressed with Holder. I wouldn't be surprised to see the adminstration throw this guy under the bus at some point. Let's hope that they do.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

From FactCheck
    http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...ar_to_ban.html

"to the contrary, he has said repeatedly that he has no intention of calling for a broad ban on guns.

For example, he said at a campaign rally in Lebanon, Va., on Sept. 9 that "I am not going to take your guns away." Video of the event is posted on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBHkMADXnOw

Obama, Sept. 9: I don't want any misunderstanding when you all go home, and you're talking to your buddies, and they say, "Aw, he wants to take my gun away." You've heard it here; I'm on television, so everybody knows it. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away. ... There are some common-sense gun safety laws that I believe in. But I am not going to take your guns away. So if you want to find an excuse not to vote for me, don't use that one. ... It just ain't true.

He made similar remarks days earlier at a campaign event in Pennsylvania, where he promised sportsmen that "I'm not going to take away your guns." As The Wall Street Journal reported:

Wall Street Journal, Sept. 5: “If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

Assault Weapons Ban: Obama does support permanent reinstatement of the so-called "assault weapons ban." That ban, which expired in 2004, covered certain military-style, semi-automatic firearms. (Fully automatic assault rifles remain illegal to own in most cases under legislation dating back to the 1930s.) This e-mail exaggerates, however, when it quotes Obama as saying he would make reinstatement "my first priority." We could find no evidence of Obama promising any sort of gun-policy time table.

During his nearly two-year presidential campaign, Obama declared that he believes the Second Amendment protects the rights of individuals to bear arms, but he said that some "common-sense" laws are necessary for safety. The president-elect's transition Web site contains a general outline of how he plans to address gun violence in cities, including closing the so-called "gun show loophole" that allows unlicensed individuals to sell guns at gun shows without having to perform a background check on potential buyers. There is no mention, however, of Obama pushing to do that "within 90 days":

Obama-Biden, "Urban Policy": As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense ? measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

So which side of his mouth (or other orifice) is Obama speaking out of? These "assault weapons" are guns. Either you're going to ban them or not. It seems to me that even "Fact Check" can't get it's "facts" straight!

The 2nd Amendment was written as a guarantee that we would have the means to fight back effectively against a tyrannical, out-of-control government. They are our "liberty teeth" and must be adequate to do the job.
    Here's what a good Democrat had to say:
    Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms ... The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible."
    -- Hubert H. Humphrey, Senator, Vice President, 22 October 1959

Will you Obama supporters please remove your blindfolds/ear plugs and recognize that this man is a serious threat to our Republic!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

I joined the NRA this morning.

This guy is bad news all the way around, unless you are already on welfare.

Appears as though there may be some resistance this time:

http://www.house.gov/list/press/ok02...t_weapons.html
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA