The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: As you watch tonight's Obama speech...

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    FWIW...

I have exchanged PMs with backpasture before. He has a dog(s) and hunts and seems like a heckuva nice guy. He even invited me to hunt with him (although I'm still not sure what/why I'd have to hold a pillow case open on the ground in the middle of the night ). I often hunt with a guy who is so liberal he makes Yardley look like a John Birch Society member in comparison. I'm sure that nearly everyone who posts here is good folk. Some just have political opinions more f'ed up than a soup sandwich; and some of us don't.

FWIW- he (BP) is still a little bitch.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Not really but since nobody knows who you are and your very first post is in the politics section of a dog training forum you have to know that who you are is suspect at the very least.
    Most people start posting on a dog training forum in the training section and then move over here.
    So who are you?
    I can understand your point.

I have GSPs that I duck & goose hunt with as well as hunt all kinds of upland birds. I came to this forum to learn how the retrieve guys train their dogs to do blinds, etc. I have never really trained much for that, and I have a couple of 4 month old pups that I would like to take to the next level. I have “lurked” on this forum for a while, and read information provided by experienced trainers, but I though I would at least wait until I could post something useful before I jumped in to talk about training.

I guess the post with Vaknin’s comments just got the best of me.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    FWIW- he (BP) is still a little bitch.
    And, I'm sure that BBG is as classy in person as he is here.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

I watched about 2 minutes of Comrade Obama's speech while flipping from the Spurs game to another one.

I've never seen Comrade Speaker Pelosi so giddy. I wonder if she wet herself. I bet her muscles ache this morning because she stood up to applaud something the President said at least 100 times.

One of these days I hope somebody unplugs Obama's teleprompter. What would he be without one? Answer...clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I can understand your point.

I have GSPs that I duck & goose hunt with as well as hunt all kinds of upland birds. I came to this forum to learn how the retrieve guys train their dogs to do blinds, etc. I have never really trained much for that, and I have a couple of 4 month old pups that I would like to take to the next level. I have “lurked” on this forum for a while, and read information provided by experienced trainers, but I though I would at least wait until I could post something useful before I jumped in to talk about training.

I guess the post with Vaknin’s comments just got the best of me.
    Don't worry about it. This is the standard response you will get from some people when you question the extremist point of view that gets posted here so often.

It goes something like this:
    - Someone copies and pastes something they read online, or that was forwarded to them in an email. It is often along the lines of 'Obama hates America', or 'Obama is a Muslim', blah blah blah.
    - You respond pointing out the factual errrors in their arguments.
    - Someone responds demanding to know who the hell you are, how many MH titles you have, which training guru you worship, and what are your qualifications for posting on this site.
    - Few more posts back and forth. As you question their arguments, they will focus more and more on YOU, rather than the merits of the copy and pasted article that started the thread.
    - Eventually, someone will call you a 'little bitch', or a 'Piece of Sh*t', or something along those lines.

Welcome to RTF!

There is some great dog advice here. There are also some lively political discussions with some folks who have strong convictions and can articulate them. But you'll also get plenty of name calling, and strong interest to know everything about you if you poke your head up and speak out against the extreme right wing element that makes the POTUS thread their home.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    o wow
    He is the messiah He is the messiah, he is the messiah, His speach is so fluid and hipnotic he is the messiah He is the messiah
    I found myself stand and cheering way before Polosi did,,, I couldn't resist,,,,everything will be OK now,,,, everything will be OK now,,,,

OK back to reality,,,we are in real big trouble

Pete
    I sure am glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Instead of Comrade Obama, why don't the networks just replay a few of Uncle Joe Stalin's speeches? It would be the same BS, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I'm back!

What else would you expect from such a fraud. Don't forget, this junior Senator did NOTHING while serving in the Senate (key word; serve) other than to run for President. He is a product of the left machine to put their boy in office (real men stand for something). It was a good calculation on their part figuring he would get the vote from Hispanics(Dems will declare amnisty for illegals opening a flood gate for more illegals), Blacks(more affirmative action, look at who is our Attnorney General and huge social programs) and the gullible white vote(those that feel guilty about the successes our country has had in the past). Look at their aganda so far, first they want to wreck this country finanacially with huge social spending bills all the while telling the public lies. Then they will destroy what we have left of our free enterprise system and then weaking the military will be next.

We can't afford 4 years of Obomo! I'm not convinced there will be a voter revolution in 2 years because free enterprise and beleivers in the American Way are now the voting minority.

WE HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT BY BOTH PARTIES but, it is the Dems that hate America the most and wanted it changed.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    FWIW...

I have exchanged PMs with backpasture before. He has a dog(s) and hunts and seems like a heckuva nice guy. He even invited me to hunt with him (although I'm still not sure what/why I'd have to hold a pillow case open on the ground in the middle of the night ). I often hunt with a guy who is so liberal he makes Yardley look like a John Birch Society member in comparison. I'm sure that nearly everyone who posts here is good folk. Some just have political opinions more f'ed up than a soup sandwich; and some of us don't.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

You are just too funny, my man. You're going back to the stand-up stage when?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.