The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Bad News -Obomo Is A Liar!

From CNN.COM web site

Snip from http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/06/obama.stimulus/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Members of Congress won't be allowed to slip earmarks into the economic recovery package Congress will soon take up, President-elect Barack Obama said Tuesday.

President-elect Barack Obama says details of the stimulus package will be posted online.

"We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review," Obama told reporters after a meeting with his economic advisers.

How does one reform earmarks/pork? It is what it is, political payoffs.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

More Bad News -Obomo Is A Liar!

This is news how?

The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

I meant the headline to read, "More Bad News & Obomo Is A Liar". Sorry for the confusion. Having read the transripts of all the debates this evening, he did insinuate that he was going to clean up all the earmark paybacks by using the word; reform and when he says' "eliminating earmarks alone is not a recipe".
    He did keep one promise. He said that he was going to spend a couple of TRILLION dollars. I don't think he has made it to the Social Security mess yet.

We just can't spend this money, period. We are spending more and making the problem worse by delaying with taking it head on now. Lets get the banking situation straighten out, then evaluate if more needs to be spent. What the Dems have planned is throw a bunch of money at growing more inept government. Earmarks can not be reformed and financial suicide at the scale approved by the Dems.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-25-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    And, absolutely, we need earmark reform. And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely.
    Then you would not object to legislation giving the POTUS a line item veto then.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

No, he did state he would end earmarks. Find his acceptance speech, I bet it's there, and now he is flat out lying saying there are no earmarks in these bills. I think he is relying on his followers who only listen and don't read, and agree with everything he tells them. He pushed through the legislation and no body probably knows what's in that stack. This is the biggest slight of hand the US has ever seen and it is totally freaky. I feel like Chicken Little, because the sky is gonna fall down.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Obama is a liberal....libs lie to get what they want...why is everyone surprised? The truth has ZERO to do with the liberal agenda....WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

Obama will no doubt raise the taxes on social security as well as increase the age at which you can begin withdrawing YOUR money. Heck, I bet he wouldn't have any problem raising the age to 75. At that age you become part of the surplus population that Dr. Daschle is trying to deal with. Your benefits shouldn't last very long at that point since Dr. Daschle will be cutting off your healthcare anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    No, he did state he would end earmarks. Find his acceptance speech, I bet it's there, and now he is flat out lying saying there are no earmarks in these bills. I think he is relying on his followers who only listen and don't read, and agree with everything he tells them. He pushed through the legislation and no body probably knows what's in that stack. This is the biggest slight of hand the US has ever seen and it is totally freaky. I feel like Chicken Little, because the sky is gonna fall down.
    From CNN.com (see post above)
    "We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review," Obama told reporters after a meeting with his economic advisers.