The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Dog

Maybe it will be a rescue dog after the family gives it up as they probably have no idea how to raise a puppy to be a trained adult dog.

Art

I heard these Portugese Water Dogs are very smart.

So....the upside is.....There will be some intelligent life in the White House!!

Relax Leftys, it's a JOKE!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Well, in this case I wish obama and his family the best as they bringing a pet into their home for all to enjoy. I believe clinton got the pet with the mindset "insert pet here" as a way to display some perception of family complete with pet. President George W. Bush and family always had dogs. In this case, hell, the guy wants to get his kids a dog, they did some research, settled on a breed, and now they are going to get one. I expect they will have experts, maybe the dog whisperer will actually train it, either way, I hope they enjoy all the same things we get from our dogs.

Enough of that, now on to our regular programming.

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Well, in this case I wish obama and his family the best as they bringing a pet into their home for all to enjoy. I believe clinton got the pet with the mindset "insert pet here" as a way to display some perception of family complete with pet. President George W. Bush and family always had dogs. In this case, hell, the guy wants to get his kids a dog, they did some research, settled on a breed, and now they are going to get one. I expect they will have experts, maybe the dog whisperer will actually train it, either way, I hope they enjoy all the same things we get from our dogs.

Enough of that, now on to our regular programming.

Agree
    BFD the president is getting a dog...how is that bad?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Let's just hope the trainers are better than the people who got them the info on the PWDS to begin with, i.e. that finding a PWD rescue was not going to be easy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Agree
    BFD the president is getting a dog...how is that bad?
    Do you really think the girls will take care of the dog; feed, brush, exercise, clean up the crap etc.

We'll have to have a kennel manager, trainer, exercise/yard boy, personal chef and Secret Service agent just for the dog for the 20+ hours a day they're in school, sleeping, public appearances ...
    Hey, maybe they'll name the dog "Stimulus" !!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Do you really think the girls will take care of the dog; feed, brush, exercise, clean up the crap etc.

We'll have to have a kennel manager, trainer, exercise/yard boy, personal chef and Secret Service agent just for the dog for the 20+ hours a day they're in school, sleeping, public appearances ...
    The upside is that by your count there will be at least 5 new jobs!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I didn't think dogs got along with snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

So the kids should not be allowed to have a dog?? Hey with the money they are spending everyday that we don't have this is the least of our worries
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    So the kids should not be allowed to have a dog?? Hey with the money they are spending everyday that we don't have this is the least of our worries
    If the girls actually take care of it, no problem at all. Kids need dogs and dogs need kids.

But if having a dog was actually a personal development issue for the Obama children, like it is for many families, they didn't have to wait until Daddy was in the Oval Office to get one, the guy's a freakin' millionaire for Pete's (PeTA's ? ) sake and they didn't have to make it a political issue/fashion statement to satisfy HSUS, etc..

Heck, I'm glad that some folks may get a job off of this, hence my joke about the name.
    What's a couple hundred k for 4+ years of dog care out of 4 trillion & change?
    Maybe we could call it a "dog ear"mark?? At least it's not "pork"!!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791