The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi favors criminal prosecutions for Bush Admin lawbreakers

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You mean like the TAX laws??
    As Butch Cassidy would say, "that guy is good."

Cotts, I'm surprised that you didn't note the irony of Pelosi demanding that Bush and/or his flunkies be brought to justice when you have previously agreed that she's just as culpable as anyone else in the "illegal torture" of terrorists.

Well, that's a lie. I'm not really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Hummmm, they use to call this, oh what was it.....which hunts or sticking it to those who oppose you.
    Orwellian or Stalinesque political persecution both work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Maybe it would send a message that the law applies equally to all people. Is that something bad?
    That could be something good, as long as it applies to all public servants, regardless of whether they have an "R" or a "D" behind their names.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Would any of you that favor not seeing Bush & C.O prosecuted feel the same way if we changed the name to Obama? If recent history is any indicator it would seem that not to be the case. The right was rabid to prosecute Clinton for lying to a Grand Jury. If it is found that their is enough evidence to suggest that the Bush Administration committed crimes far more serious in scope than Clinton's and you still feel that they shouldn't be prosecuted it would seem to me that their is a serious disconnect in your reasoning.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Pelosi and Dingy Harry Reid need to be removed from their offices now before they and Comrade Obama bankrupt and ruin the nation.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    As Butch Cassidy would say, "that guy is good."

Cotts, I'm surprised that you didn't note the irony of Pelosi demanding that Bush and/or his flunkies be brought to justice when you have previously agreed that she's just as culpable as anyone else in the "illegal torture" of terrorists.

Well, that's a lie. I'm not really surprised.
    Still haven't changed my mind on that. If found to be culpable of any wrong doing then she should brought to justice like anyone else.
    It is surprising though that she would bring this up when my personal opinion is that she is somehow involved.

The obama admin just as well start with the obvious law breakers. Which are The people he continues to pick to help our country out of this mess
    Just sayin

Cotts-- Are you in the last stages of macular degeneration? Or did somebody just let you out of the closet? Or maby both.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Still haven't changed my mind on that. If found to be culpable of any wrong doing then she should brought to justice like anyone else.
    It is surprising though that she would bring this up when my personal opinion is that she is somehow involved.
    Here's something we agree on. ALL of us should be accountable to the law of the land. What Nancy is doing is political grandstanding and is no less dispicable than the same tactics used by some on the right when it came to Bill Clinton.
    If President Obama was serious about cleaning up government, he would start with ensuring that the recent group of folks (his nominees) who have been accused of tax evasion are treated exactly the same way as you or I would be under the same circumstances. He would publicly anounce it and follow through. He would follow through with Rangle, as well. He would fire Tim Geithner based on ethics concerns (You should never hire talent over character). After that, he could begin a move to procecute ALL elected officials on both sides of the aisle that have broken the law within the last 2 years. He would have my full support as well as that of the people. I think that our Congress could benefit from a "witch hunt" as long as it was bipartisan, out in the open, and actually held our elected officials to the laws that they have written.
    But you and I don't live on a planet where that is a possiblity, so we'll have to live with idiots like Nancy prattle on about Bush's crimes and we have to deal with our President pissing down our backs and then telling us it's raining.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by brlcon1 View Post
    While watching pres brobama's speech the other night , everytime she stood up to cheerlead , I wished I had my collar on her to give her a continuos 10 !
    President brobama?..your a real hilljack arent ya

Quote Originally Posted by brlcon1 View Post
    While watching pres brobama's speech the other night , everytime she stood up to cheerlead , I wished I had my collar on her to give her a continuos 10 !
    I think Biden tucked one up underneath her skirt as fast and as many times as she jumped up to clap her hands.