The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: S. California credit/debit card fraud alert!! gdg

Default S. California credit/debit card fraud alert!! gdg

Be very wary where you use your credit and debit cards.
    BofA called me this morning to alert me there were 2 fraudelent uses of my debit card in Los Angeles THIS MORNING. I am in Northern Cal.

Apparently gas pumps are the worst place to use cards- DO NOT, repeat DO NOT enter your PIN # - according to the BofA rep who was helping me, they (the bad guys) use mirrors in the card swipe machine to get the PIN #s and have installed fake machines to grab your card #s. Watch your bank accounts carefully.

I think they got my card #s in Lost Hills, CA last weekend when I swiped for $20 of fuel.

Cash may be king these days.

Rochester, MN Bob & Ann Heise HiRollerLabs.com

Debit cards are much less secure than credit cards. Debit cards require merchants to maintain more info than for credit cards, so internal employees can more easily steal your debit card info and use it. And, because a debit card withdraws funds from your checking account, you are at risk of overdrawing and the bank is not required to give you back that money.

A credit card has protections under the law so you are only liable for the first $50 unless you are negligent. And, once you notify the credit card company they will investigate and you are not required to pay those fraudulent charges.

Google it and you'll find lots of good info on why it's safer to use a credit card over a debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by labhauler View Post
    Be very wary where you use your credit and debit cards.
    BofA called me this morning to alert me there were 2 fraudelent uses of my debit card in Los Angeles THIS MORNING. I am in Northern Cal.

Apparently gas pumps are the worst place to use cards- DO NOT, repeat DO NOT enter your PIN # - according to the BofA rep who was helping me, they (the bad guys) use mirrors in the card swipe machine to get the PIN #s and have installed fake machines to grab your card #s. Watch your bank accounts carefully.

I think they got my card #s in Lost Hills, CA last weekend when I swiped for $20 of fuel.

Cash may be king these days.
    Bob/Ann Heise
    "Show up. Dominate. Go home." Dan Gable

"There is no such thing as perfection. There is always a higher level." Dan Gable

"Look at pressure as an opportunity." Tom Brands

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 2010

I don't believe in allowing wine to breathe. I prefer mouth-to-wine resuscitation.