The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Universal Health Care

Default Universal Health Care

If the government has a monetary interest in healthcare, and therefore wants to reduce the cost of healthcare, coercing the population into healthy habits, or avoiding unhealthy habits must certainly follow. Will we see a fat tax, mandatory employer sponsored exercise programs, others...?

Actually, I just read somewhere the other day that in Japan the govt measures people's waistlines and does issue some kind of a fine if they don't reduce their weight!

An interesting turn of events ... since the govt is paying for the health care, they get to legislate healthy living habits? Since use of drugs like coke is definitely unhealthy, will it be just as illegal to be fat as to use coke? It occurs to me whether then everyone should be required to take urine drug tests, to weed out those who are using unhealthy drugs? Goes without saying that smoking would also become illegal. Then maybe a law limiting consumption of alcohol (oops, we tried that once, and it didn't work.)

This could get humorous if it weren't so scary.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I have health care for federal employees similar to what the Big O (I don't mean Oscar Robinson) wants everyone to have in the last 6 months I had to pick up the amount not covered. After paying 4000 dollars I wonder about some of the sanity of those that created the rules. An RN nurse and LPN are covered at 160/hr for the RN when a aid at $20/hr could do the job, but that's not covered and is paid at my cost.

I am not at the poverty line, but with the costs of what health care doesn't cover I will be there soon. Maybe I'll get some of plumber Joe's earnings when Obama spreads the wealth?
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 02-26-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: add the Big O
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

The majority of health care costs in this country are already paid by the government, either through direct insurance programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, military benefits, or federal employee insurance, or through tax subsidies for costs paid by businesses and private individuals. Universal health care is actually a much less radical change than those that have happened with the growth of managed care providers, or even the shift from a predominantly non-profit hospital industry to one that is largely for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The majority of health care costs in this country are already paid by the government, either through direct insurance programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, military benefits, or federal employee insurance, or through tax subsidies for costs paid by businesses and private individuals. Universal health care is actually a much less radical change than those that have happened with the growth of managed care providers, or even the shift from a predominantly non-profit hospital industry to one that is largely for profit.

So Jeff do you ever disagree with any thing the left says?
    Goberment running every aspect of your life is not a good thing, do you agree with that?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I don't recall so many problems with health care until the advent of "managed care." It is just another scam.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

I love this topic! I truly believe socialized medicine or whatever you want to call it is coming, and soon. So...even though many do not want this, what could the US do to avoid being like Canada and Europe with government dictated treatments, long waits, etc? As far as the fat tax, smoking tax, drinking tax, etc, if a person is higher risk for health problems due to items under their control, they should pay more in any health care service or insurance. I sure can't see any Democrats passing that one as it does not redistribute expenses or wealth evenly.
    Curt

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!----Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    I have health care for federal employees similar to what the Big O (I don't mean Oscar Robinson)
    Apologize immediately for that slur against one of the greatest b-ball players of all the time! Saw The Big O last night when my Cats beat WVU.

Oh yeah, universal health care is BS. You can no more legislate health care than you can a good economy. We will end up with rationed care and more people will die of diseases that are routinely treated in uor current system.

Leftists push universal care because that gives them one more way to control the masses.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    ...We will end up with rationed care and more people will die of diseases that are routinely treated in uor current system...
    This is what I believe the outcome of government controlled health care will be.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It's bad news.