The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

67 89.33%
  • Disagree

8 10.67%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A poll about the economy

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I have done coursework in political theory which involved reading of Marx and Engles.
    ROTFLMAO

Spoken like a true limousine liberal...."I took a class about communism, therefore I must know more than you even though you lived it."
    You probably like affirmative action and quotas for minority mortgages too as long as they don't move into your gated community and your kids don't have to go to school with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Hey Pat. You are proving to me with every post the insufficiency of your educational background
    Sorry for the confusion…I was beginning to think my conservative brethren were turning on me

I think you are quoting people I have on IGNORE....I have such abhorrence for liberal morons I have to put them on ignore.
    Now I do have some good friends that are bent towards liberalism but they are reasonable thoughtful people. When it comes down to particular issue we tend to be pretty close with minor variances in belief. But the pseudo intellectual coffee house psychobabble isn’t worth listening too much less reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    Sorry for the confusion…I was beginning to think my conservative brethren were turning on me

I think you are quoting people I have on IGNORE....I have such abhorrence for liberal morons I have to put them on ignore.
    Now I do have some good friends that are bent towards liberalism but they are reasonable thoughtful people. When it comes down to particular issue we tend to be pretty close with minor variances in belief. But the pseudo intellectual coffee house psychobabble isn’t worth listening too much less reading.
    I think I'll have to follow your Ignore example. It gets to ridicules to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    ROTFLMAO

Spoken like a true limousine liberal...."I took a class about communism, therefore I must know more than you even though you lived it."
    You probably like affirmative action and quotas for minority mortgages too as long as they don't move into your gated community and your kids don't have to go to school with theirs.
    Julie, where is that limo you speak of? My pickup has 200,000 miles on it but it's paid for. My jeep is long of tooth as well.

I answered the lady's question, I didn't "pull rank ' on her. I didn't go to any Ivy League school and I paid for all of my education by working in factories and kitchens. I had a lot more than one class in political theory. My kids went to public schools and so far they haven't put gates on my community.

Oh by the way, I ain't no liberal.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 02-27-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    My hometown is called Engels and Marx is less than an hour away. I got some communist theory before its collapse. Theory and reality of it are two different things. It's hell to live in it.
    We do not have a disagreement. I think I was critical of the application of communist theory when I said:

"Trouble is the communist regimes never seem to get beyond the establishment of the dictatorship. They claim the reason for that is capitalism still exists in the world and it continually inject its "greedy" influences into the social system."

"They never seem to get the idea they create their own bourgeois in the form of the commissars."

The whole failure of communism is that it believes it can make people put on their pants differently than they did before--that their new system will make people good and virtuous in the end. But, people end up behaving like they do in any system.

The jarring bump in the road is the dictatorship piece. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    One party states never move beyond that point.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 02-27-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Hey Pat. You are proving to me with every post the insufficiency of your educational background. Not only are you devoid of any deep thought, you can't read critically as well. I stated an observation which was neutral and in no way called you a name.

You seem to believe your political viewpoint gives you a special license to be obtuse and nasty. When you send me a personal email that says, "Don't ever call me a Commuist...I would whip your ass for that if that was in person ..you just fucked up and got ignored.", you seal that conclusion. Now run off and get your diaper changed.
    You're pretty rude, aren't you son of Cronus and Rhea?

It was hard enough to take you seriously before now....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    You're pretty rude, aren't you son of Cronus and Rhea?

It was hard enough to take you seriously before now....

kg
    Hardly, KG. The dude threatened me with violence for something I didn't do. I not about to let that slide. I think you would have done the same thing in similar vein.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 02-27-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post

The hallmark of modern Republicanism... "If I hear something I don't like I just ignore it."

If ignorance is bliss, then Patrick must be the happiest man alive.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

sounds like liberals and how they feel about the constitution

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.