The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

67 89.33%
  • Disagree

8 10.67%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A poll about the economy

please answer the question. foxes guarding the hen house regards-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I believe the saying goes "You must help yourself before you can help someone else" How can goverment solve the problem on borrowed money? The banks don't have the money, Wall Street doesn't and the goverment doesn't. Bottom line No MONEY!!!! You can't spend and spend what you don't have. INFLATION!!!!!!!!! For all who believes the goverment can help just wait till your CHEESEBURGER costs $10.00 at McD's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    so we should let the bankers, auto manufacturers, health care companies, and wall street fix things?

when do you suppose they would get around to it?-Paul
    Yes, let the free market reign! There are plenty of solvent banks with money to lend. Detroit Auto Mfg's, are beyond fixing. Let them fail so that room can be made for new domestic auto mfg's with a better business model. Fix Wall St.? I thought the Dems already fixed it when they passed the Sarbains Oxley Act. Doesn't matter how many laws we have if the commissioners are asleep at the wheel. Health Care, lets stop paying for all the illegals bleeding the system, that will save billions off the bat.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-27-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

so we should let the bankers, auto manufacturers, health care companies, and wall street fix things?

when do you suppose they would get around to it?-Paul
    Bankers: When the likes of Barney Franks and Chris Dodd stop telling them they have to cater to people who should never have had a mortgage.

Auto: When they stand up to the unions that are distroying the industry. Unions are destroying this country. I was 20 working full time and going to school at night, I watched union BS kill the company I worked for. Hard working people were laid off while those that polished their bikes on company time were given a pass due to seniority.

Healthcare: Is not a right.

so you propose:

-that the banks are blameless and will always lend to the "right" people?

-all union members are lazy and they are detrimental to all the companies that employ them?

-healthcare costs are currently affordable and no more expensive that they need to be in order for the companies to make a reasonable profit?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

so you propose:

-all union members are lazy and they are detrimental to all the companies that employ them?

-healthcare costs are currently affordable and no more expensive that they need to be in order for the companies to make a reasonable profit?-Paul

Yes...the gooberment made laws that required the banks to NOT discrimintate against people whe didnt have the ability to pay.

Yes...unions have out lived their usefulness in this county.

Yes...healthcare is affordable and more available in this country but is NOT a right as a citizen....guess you have to decide what is more important...your life or your stuff....

Just btw, the initial quote was from Reagan's 1st Inaugural Address.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

so you propose:

NO. the banks were forced to lend to people who should not have gotten mortgages , thanks Dodd and Franks.

NO. BUt unions protect goof offs due to seniority and penalize hard workers, Last man in first man out regardless of work ethic and ability.
    Guy polishing bike caught on camera stays, while hard worker goes due to seniority. FActs, want the name of the company??? It happened in Danbury CT. IF I think back and do some internent research I may even be able to come up with names.
    Union intimidation: I was 20 not in the union and a female. I found out that a certain Union member stole confidential payroll information and distributed it. When I turned in that info, union payroll was my job, I received threats against my lfe. This was more than 20 years ago, but yeah I am strongly anti union.

I have always paid for my medical. Why should I Pay for someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Are you certain the dream of communists is the "withering away of the state"? Over my lifetime I've seen the opposite view in communist states. The state control of all things is the ideal condition in the communist view.

Evan
    According to Marx, the capitalist world will be inevitably overthrown by the proletariat ( the working stiffs). They will then establish a dictatorship of the proletariat to oversee the transition to communism. When all the bourgeois's (the bosses) influences are purged from the society and an equitable sharing of goods and services is established, there will be no need for a government and it will wither away. At point true communism will have been established.

Trouble is the communist regimes never seem to get beyond the establishment of the dictatorship. They claim the reason for that is capitalism still exists in the world and it continually inject its "greedy" influences into the social system.

They never seem to get the idea they create their own bourgeois in the form of the commissars.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

please answer the question. foxes guarding the hen house regards-Paul
    Why don't you answer my quesate tion?

Where can one buy a house in CT and not have to worry about possible bussing to another area that spends more on education but it sucks, vs where they bought?
    Answer: NOwhere.
    I came within 2 years of going to high school in Danbury with riots or private school (catholic) and I'm not Catholic.
    Maybe Groton is ok but Danbury sucked and still does.