The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

67 89.33%
  • Disagree

8 10.67%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A poll about the economy

I have gone way off base to tell you the truth. I came here to BS hunting dogs and Labs in particular. I got caught up in the political banter that I try to stay away from. I should have seen the flags when I read how some people don't consider the English style labs true hunters. Typical , your "what I say is right, is right" attitudes is right on base for why I don't get involved in Republican/Democrat debates. Shit, half you people didn't even train your own damn dogs, shelling out 3 4 even 5 hundred a week to have some "pro" trainer do what you should be doing yourself, and might even try to do yourself if your ego-maniacal personalities weren't so damn concerned about getting some letters after your dogs names, so you can come on here and sound off about how well your dog did, having no part in getting Him/Her there. I am really surprised half of you here (not all but at least half) didn't buy pointers. Labs are water dogs, , stocky, thick tailed dogs that where bred for "water work". And I got some bad news for you, doesn't matter how "blocky" a dogs head is when its retrieving a bird from water, a boxer could bring in a duck. See, thin, lanky long nosed labs are great for upland game but then again, so are pointers. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know the type..$40,000 dollar truck that has never seen a corn field, $2000 O/U..Blaze orange that doesn't have a drop of blood on it, and a $1000 dog with $1500 worth of pro training into it. I guess its more of a "status" thing for most of you, when it should be a love for the breed and a love for hunting thing. I hope your dogs bring you everything you hoped for, and don't take it out on them if they don't win titles for you. Enjoy pasting all the quotes.

Somebody needs a nap

You paint with a pretty broad brush.

I am not sure really, but after reading your 4 posts in this message string, I am not seeing any injury or malice directed at you.

Is it just that some disagree with you that has you so worked up that you go into full insult mode and decide that a scorched earth policy of insulting the entire bulletin board is the best remedy?

OK, thanks, the best to you and yours during this holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by shootncast View Post
    I have gone way off base to tell you the truth. I came here to BS hunting dogs and Labs in particular. I got caught up in the political banter that I try to stay away from. I should have seen the flags when I read how some people don't consider the English style labs true hunters. Typical , your "what I say is right, is right" attitudes is right on base for why I don't get involved in Republican/Democrat debates. Shit, half you people didn't even train your own damn dogs, shelling out 3 4 even 5 hundred a week to have some "pro" trainer do what you should be doing yourself, and might even try to do yourself if your ego-maniacal personalities weren't so damn concerned about getting some letters after your dogs names, so you can come on here and sound off about how well your dog did, having no part in getting Him/Her there. I am really surprised half of you here (not all but at least half) didn't buy pointers. Labs are water dogs, , stocky, thick tailed dogs that where bred for "water work". And I got some bad news for you, doesn't matter how "blocky" a dogs head is when its retrieving a bird from water, a boxer could bring in a duck. See, thin, lanky long nosed labs are great for upland game but then again, so are pointers. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know the type..$40,000 dollar truck that has never seen a corn field, $2000 O/U..Blaze orange that doesn't have a drop of blood on it, and a $1000 dog with $1500 worth of pro training into it. I guess its more of a "status" thing for most of you, when it should be a love for the breed and a love for hunting thing. I hope your dogs bring you everything you hoped for, and don't take it out on them if they don't win titles for you. Enjoy pasting all the quotes.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

FYI - the sport does not revolve around your perception of what it should be. Most who post on these threads are the antithesis of what you posted. That they are knowledgeable regarding politics is a plus, gives us something to do when the weather stops us from training.

But please continue with your sophomoric rants, & see where your credibility heads.

Lefty Agenda?...Does your little mind get lonely in your big head?
    Sticks & Stones........... , In case you missed it, the person who runs this show had a little dissertation on the subject of trying to get personal on these threads, you might want to read it, & then clean up your act. This person happens to be quite tolerant of what we do to a point, & we are all very appreciative of that!

BTW, every one knows who I am & my views to a point - are you not proud enough of what you have to say to tack a name on it?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Well, now that Mr. Anonnymoose "shootncast" has got the RTF figured out and is above it all, maybe he'll crawl back into his hole....

....his kind have come and gone here before.....NBFD......

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Lefty Agenda?...Does your little mind get lonely in your big head?

I have been looking for a good signature line, and this could be it.
    Jim Pickering

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Is the entire problem President George W. Bush's fault?

Is the proposed fix Preident George W. Bush's fault?

If the proposed fix won't help should is still be done?

If the proposed fix is done and doesn't work, who's fault will it actually be if we are in worse shape?

When you say nightmare what exactly are you refering to?

Is congress at fault for any of the nightmare?

Help me understand your viewpoint.

Thanks
    No, I don't blame "W." for all the ills of the world. Time Magazine this week or last published a list of 25 culprits that contributed to the collapse. "W. " was one of them as well as Clinton. But, I am really ticked at his inept handling of the crises. A few millions spent on oversight would have gone a long way in preventing the hemorrhaging of trillions. When John Mc Cain came up rather clueless on the issue, I voted for BHO. i don't regret that choice for one moment.

Am I pissed at "W."? Am I pissed at the Wall Street pin heads that marketed all kinds of financial fiction? You bet. I saved all my life for a comfortable retirement. I invested according to to the most accepted game plan. I retired, then I lost a major chunk of my savings. I am howling mad about it. I was looking for the first head I could take. Unfortunately, " W " was the only one I could vote out. If "W." were chased by a rabbit, he would be ranked right in there with Jimmy Carter.

Limbaugh and McConnell say the plan won't work. But they haven't really made any proposal, but the same ol' same ol'. If fix doesn't work then, BHO can join "W" in my "affection". How does Jesse Ventura sound?

Congress has been too worked up in partisan combat to accomplish anything. But hey, they like their perks and they have to reflect their constituents views if they are going to stay. The country has also been polarized if you haven't noticed. The enemy is us. We wanted smaller government. Congress responded.

Only a third of the federal budget is negotiable. The rest is locked in. Of that negotiable third, half of it is defense. Voters want smaller government so there goes the oversight out of the remaining sixth. Thats why we get toys that poison our kids, melamine in our baby food and in our dog food, barracks that leak sewage, decrepit veteran's hospitals, and peanut butter that kills.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-02-2009 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    FYI - the sport does not revolve around your perception of what it should be.
    Isn't this from someone who has a website dedicated solely to that point of view?

Once again,

just sayin' Marv,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I must apologize, I went off on a rant, actually felt real bad about it, then I remembered, your mostly republicans. Like my Dad use to say, "Keep making fun of the republicans and God just may make you one someday"...