The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BHO's Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Franco,

I'm not sure most of them want to see the destruction of our country. I think the entitlement mentality has become so ingrained in them, and they believe they are due what our President has promised them, that they will see our country completely destroyed before they realize he was not what they really wanted.

In the end, the result will be the same!

Tom
    I think that is spot on
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

What a difference a year makes. Since 3/9/2009, the DOW is up 61% and NASDAQ is up 84%. Is that recovery and much a part of Obama's legacy as KG and company appeared to think the drop was after less than two months in office?

I'll say yes if you agree to let the massive amounts of debt that he has created be part of his legacy also...

And the crooks in his cabinet.
    And the ridiculous deficit spending.
    And the growing tensions with Iran.
    And being owned by the far east.

etc, etc...

Better tell the republicans not to allow a Palin nomination in 2012...or else it's 4 more years of your favourite BHO

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I'll say yes if you agree to let the massive amounts of debt that he has created be part of his legacy also...

And the crooks in his cabinet.
    And the ridiculous deficit spending.
    And the growing tensions with Iran.
    And being owned by the far east.

etc, etc...
    Actually, I believe the deficit spending over the last 14 months is the reason the economy is now recovring, so it is both to his credit and his debit. Going forward is a different story. With the economy growing strongly, with or without growth in employment, it becomes more important to put the breaks on the deficit through whatever mix of spending cuts and tax increases is needed. While the proposed fbudget or fiscal 2010-2011 includes a reduced deficit from the last year and the projected deficit for this year, it does not go far enough and the current year projections are too high as well. As long as we are fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, it will be difficult to cut military spending, and that is essential for reducing the deficit through spending cuts. I actually suspect that the deficit for 2009-2010 will be much lower than currently projected because I believe tax receipts will grow faster than estimated.

With respect to venality among his appointees, Obama seems to be doing about as well as his predecessors. He and his appointment process are clearly responsible for the results. However, I think the standards we seem to apply at times are making it impossible to get qualified people to accept appointments because even great candidates will find their reputations skewered on the alter of political expediency.

Obama is clearly responsible for the US side of relations with Iran. However, I am not sure how you can say anything is worse now than it was when Rice and Cheney were doing war dances on a regular basis to chant the inevitability of conflict.

Being owned by the far east, however, is an inherited condition, brought to us by Bush. As of Obama's inauguration China and Japan together owned $1.4 trillion in US Treasuries. That number has increased 18% through the end of 2009 while the total value of outstanding Treasuries has increased 16%. By contrast, Chnia and Japan together owned $379 billion in US Treasuries in March, 2001. The total growth under Bush was about 370%.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 03-09-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    What a difference a year makes. Since 3/9/2009, the DOW is up 61% and NASDAQ is up 84%. Is that recovery and much a part of Obama's legacy as KG and company appeared to think the drop was after less than two months in office?
    Are you related to Forrest Gump?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Are you related to Forrest Gump?
    Are you still hoping that the Wizard of Oz can give you a brain?

If you want to be taken seriously, it is useful to lace your opinions with occasional supporting evidence. Unfortunately, that also means that you have to accept that evidence can swing both ways. Facts don't care about theories, but theories should still be tested by the facts.Personally, I believe that Obama had nothing to do with the crash during the first months of his presidency despite comments to the contrary made on this forum and elsewhere. I believe his policies have contributed to the economic results over the last year but at a cost, in terms of deficits, that will backfire badly if not brought under control. If that happens, he will be responsible for that as well.

Well, at least he can add bringing the Olympics to Chicago to his legacy.

Are you still hoping that the Wizard of Oz can give you a brain?

If you want to be taken seriously, it is useful to lace your opinions with occasional supporting evidence. Unfortunately, that also means that you have to accept that evidence can swing both ways. Facts don't care about theories, but theories should still be tested by the facts.Personally, I believe that Obama had nothing to do with the crash during the first months of his presidency despite comments to the contrary made on this forum and elsewhere. I believe his policies have contributed to the economic results over the last year but at a cost, in terms of deficits, that will backfire badly if not brought under control. If that happens, he will be responsible for that as well.
    Settle down and unbunch your panties, son. I knew you weren't really related to Forrest Gump. John Maynard...maybe but not Forrest-Forrest Gump Gump's too honest.

You still own that Enron stock? They had a great year in 2000.

What a difference a year makes.

Tell that to the people that lost EVERYTHING, including real estate values and don't have time to earn it back before they retire!!!

What a crock of crap.

Are you on the payroll of the DNC??

And you taunt someone about getting a brain from the Wizard??

This guy could do anything and you would shill for him.

SCAREY!!!

"Actually".......the recovery is due in large part to the system (that started a while before Obama was Pres) and the resiliancy of the economy and the dogged determination and entrepenuerial spirit of Americans.
    But you go ahead and give all the credit to Obama.
    He did it all by himself.
    The American investor and market analysts had nothing to do with it.

rk
    Last edited by road kill; 03-09-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis