The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: BHO's Legacy

  1. #41
    Senior Member Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    806

    Default

    The U.S. government just posted a record budget deficit of $221 billion in February.

    Budget deficit year-to-date...$652 billion. What a difference a year makes!

    Thanks, Barack!

    We live in Cuba now.

  2. #42
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    What is kg's prognostication? A return to republican control of the congress?
    That will change things,.... how?
    The clock is ticking...indeed, but what plan do you and yours put forward?

    Nothing.

    JD
    A return to some remote semblance of fiscal responsibility if the first thing I expect. Democratic control of the White House and Congress hasn't resulted in that, has it, JDog? Stop writing checks we can't cash...that's the first thing I'd do...but if you think Congress cares what you and I think...

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    the original post that started this thread addressed the DJIA in March of 2009.

    Jeff's post addressed the change over a period of 1 year in the DJIA. yet a bunch of you decided to take him to task over other aspects of the economy such as unemployment.

    i have to ask why?

    he did, indeed, make an "apples to apples" comparison.

    this is a really good example of why real discussion of ANY topic on this board is so difficult.-Paul
    "Why," Paul? Because the DJIA means so very little to the common man, Joe or Jane Six-Pack, the folks the Dems say they are going to "save" with health care, cap and trade, and all the additional programs they're going to start with money they don't have.

    Sometimes it's hard to have REAL discussion of ANY topic on this board because some people can't HANDLE the truth. CHANGE we can LIVE with has not happened...HOPE is in short supply...REALITY seems to escape the current administration....other than that, everything is GREAT!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Keith,

    I actually agree, as I noted in my earlier post where I said "The fact is, that 6% growth probably would only have been 4% without the stimulus plan and there will be some natural slowdown as stimulus funds dry up." The irony, of course, is that the right has been maintaining vociferously that no jobs have been created by the stimulus package. It will be funny (but sad) as they then begin to complain about the loss of jobs as the stimulus funds dry up. I think it's valuable to ask, as one is criticizing something, if your criticisms would be the same if the "villains" and the "friends" in the story swapped places, but the results were still the exact ones you are complaining about. There can be no solutions, compromises, or progress in a world where results are judged solely based on ideological consistency and not on their own merits.
    PLEASE show me where any solutions, compromises, or progress offered by the current administration are taking us to where we need to be as a nation. I, and a ton of other folks, would LOVE to know! Jeff, for some reason, BHO and Congress believe we can SPEND our way back to prosperity. PLEASE show me where that has happened in our past. Our budget deficit/national debt are GREATER than they've been in any of our lifetimes. PLEASE show me where there's even the remotest HINT of that turning around.

    I personally believe that had we let Chrysler, GM, and AIG fend for themselves, we'd be further ahead on the road to economic recovery than we are now. "Too big to fail?" BS.....and don't try to put a partisan stamp on that comment either. That's the case REGARDLESS of which party's "fault" it is. Both are equally culpable on how we got here; the onus on getting us out of it belongs to the Democrats. They wanted it, they got it...but "the plan" ain't workin'.......

    What's REALLY going to be sad (and funny) is when the Democrats start crying about wanting to give more money away to keep the "artificial" (read: not based on a growing economy) job growth going. You can't polish a turd, Jeff...and that's all this is.

    k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  3. #43
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post

    PLEASE show me where any solutions, compromises, or progress offered by the current administration are taking us to where we need to be as a nation. I, and a ton of other folks, would LOVE to know! Jeff, for some reason, BHO and Congress believe we can SPEND our way back to prosperity. PLEASE show me where that has happened in our past. Our budget deficit/national debt are GREATER than they've been in any of our lifetimes. PLEASE show me where there's even the remotest HINT of that turning around.

    I personally believe that had we let Chrysler, GM, and AIG fend for themselves, we'd be further ahead on the road to economic recovery than we are now. "Too big to fail?" BS.....and don't try to put a partisan stamp on that comment either. That's the case REGARDLESS of which party's "fault" it is. Both are equally culpable on how we got here; the onus on getting us out of it belongs to the Democrats. They wanted it, they got it...but "the plan" ain't workin'.......

    What's REALLY going to be sad (and funny) is when the Democrats start crying about wanting to give more money away to keep the "artificial" (read: not based on a growing economy) job growth going. You can't polish a turd, Jeff...and that's all this is.

    k g
    Obviously, "where we need to be as a nation" is a matter of personal perspective. And compromise requires movement on both sides. With few exceptions, I believe that Republicans have made a strategic decision that obstruction at any price offers the best road to partisan victory. That obstructionism is an end unto itself without regard to the issues under discussion.

    I am not a fan of socialized business failure -- what we offered our financial institutions and our auto industry. Why should industries be permitted to take grotesque risks and then reap the full gains for themselves when successful but pass on the costs to us when they fail. The next thing you know we'll be allowing airlines to use bankruptcy to pass their pension costs off to the taxpayer financed Pension Guaranty Corporation so they can emerge unscathed and profitable, leaving their losses to us. Or we will allow crooks to loot the savings and loan industry, leaving behind trillions in broken dreams to be refinanced and rescued by taxpayers through the Resolution Trust Corporation at massive cost. Both of these crises, like the current ones, were largely the product of misdirected deregulation.

    The reality is that large businesses do not like competition because it is too unpredictable. Government needs to play an active role in preventing the formation of monopolies and oligopolies that undermine competition. Thta would include, for example, prevention the creation of monopolies such as the UAW. As much as I dislike the bailouts that were done, I believe that they were better for our future economy than inaction,. However, that is certainly arguable. The lesson we need to learn is that deregulation has its place, but so does regulation.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paul young
    the original post that started this thread addressed the DJIA in March of 2009.

    Jeff's post addressed the change over a period of 1 year in the DJIA. yet a bunch of you decided to take him to task over other aspects of the economy such as unemployment.

    i have to ask why?

    he did, indeed, make an "apples to apples" comparison.

    this is a really good example of why real discussion of ANY topic on this board is so difficult.-Paul

    "Why," Paul? Because the DJIA means so very little to the common man, Joe or Jane Six-Pack, the folks the Dems say they are going to "save" with health care, cap and trade, and all the additional programs they're going to start with money they don't have.

    ok Keith,

    but now i have to admit that i am mystified as to why you started the thread in the first place.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  5. #45
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    ....
    ok Keith,

    but now i have to admit that i am mystified as to why you started the thread in the first place.-Paul
    So is Keith.....................


    Now.

    But it seemed like a pretty easy target 4000 points ago.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Come one guys. Common sense rather than kindergarted antics would help understand this point...

    The stock market means a ton to the average American when it goes down and they lose their retirement and all the money they worked hard for. But when it comes back up, who has the money to invest and benefit from it? Not 'Joe and Jane Six Pack', but the big dogs that are really running the show anyway.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    how do you think i have re-gained nearly half of the funds i "lost" prior to march '09?

    where do you think 401k funds get invested?

    and i ain't a "fat cat" by anyone's standard....-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Where are the jobs that should be in existence since the economy is in such wonderful condition (according to the DJIA, of course)?

    It's difficult to contribute to your 401k when you are unemployed...unless of course you are rich...

  9. #49
    Senior Member Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    806

    Default

    The 'what a difference a year makes' stock market has nothing to do with our young and petulant President but it does has everything to do with the dollar carry trade and B52's quant easing. I guess if you're bullish on a crappy dollar have at it but you girls on the left need to quit praising Barack for some sort of a miracle turnaround. B52's simply kicking the can down the street. Dreams will eventually come due so keep your pantry stocked.

    Hell, the only difference between Greece and the United States is we have a printing press and they don't.

    We live in Cuba now.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    that's it; i must be rich......thanks for letting me know. now i can sell my 2 bedroom ranch and buy a mansion and 2 summer homes, the matched set of purdeys, and a couple FC-AFC dogs to run while my NFC sired pups are on Lardy's truck getting trained up. while i'm at it, i think i'll make plans to fish patagonia and Chile for a couple months next winter.....

    thanks for the suggestion!

    that's what rich people do.

    what i do is get up at 4:30am to be at work for 6am, work til 4, go back to my modest little ranch house for a little R & R, and get to bed at a reasonable hour so that i can do it again the next day. that's been my routine for going on 36 years now. i have no complaints.

    you claim that the "lefties" such as myself want everthing handed to them. you guys bitc# and moan because an economic disaster 10 years in the making hasn't made a complete turnaround in the past year........

    negativity is not the way to good things, on a personal OR national level.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Begins His Own Legacy of Rendition (and torture?)
    By AmiableLabs in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 08:59 AM
  2. BHO's nominee for Supremes is an intellectual lightweight
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 01:09 PM
  3. The Legacy of Jerry Harris
    By Vicky Trainor in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •