The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Comrade Obama offers to scrap missle defense shield

  1. #31
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    I wish Comrade Obama came with an ignore button.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  2. #32
    Senior Member IowaBayDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I wish Comrade Obama came with an ignore button.

    He does, except when you use it all his followers ignore his past corrupt dealings, lack of experience, and lies. Plus it costs you around 3 or 4 Trillion dollars to activate it..
    ________________________________
    Dan Cram
    Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

  3. #33
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Just checking if you're still awake in "The Land of Enchantment."
    Wide awake Bill.

    If we don't feed you an occasional bone, you'll not have anything to whine about.
    Was I whining? Not. I was pointing out that posting an article from a spurious blog, that we both recieved this AM by email, without checking into it a little further, was premature.

    But tell us truthfully, Hugh, how happy are you? Must be elated the way your president is handling things eh? And please don't hit us with that old tripe about what he inherited. You've had your days in the Sun, bashing Bush...get over it and explain to us how your president is bringing us out of the wilderness.
    Sure I'm happy. Got to drive five days to visit my pup with his trainer last week.
    BTW Bill, it is our President, like it or not. Do you believe that if the election had a different outcome, the world and the economy would be somehow different today. Do you really believe that Obama being in office some six to seven weeks is the root cause of the worldwide economic downturn, any more than I believe that it was the fault of Bush. We both know there is more at work here than which party is in office, or has a majority of congress. There is plenty blame to go around.
    As to my days in the sun...I need to stay out of it too. But, bash away. It's your turn.

    I need some type of pep talk...some enthusiastic positive enlightenment.
    Not my job, Bill.


    Do you realize how depressing your leaders are? If they aren't tax dodgers, or state political thugs, or corrupt lobbyists, they're ripping off the public with a phoney crusade to bilk millions from the sheeple, and turn this once proud nation into a crowd of sniveling SFN welfareists, and socialists.
    Now who is whining?

    Where is your pride in responsibility?
    I own my home, am debt free, and have figured out how to keep my sales numbers at the same, or close to previous years.

    When will you come to your senses and realize you are being had.
    We're all being had, Bill. Have been forever.

    Will it take an influx of several hundreds of thousands illegals infiltrating your towns and schools, wrecking your institutions, spending your state into bankruptcy, like has happened in California?
    Already a fait accompli here in the Land of Enchantment, Bill. But then, we've had four hundred years to get over it.

    It amazes me a man of your intelligence can be so easily hoodwinked.
    UB
    Yeah, but sometimes I peek.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  4. #34
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    . I think its sad that POTUS place has basically become a right-wing echo chamber ,
    More of a vacuum chamber, Henry.

    I've changed the name of my bookmark from RTF Potus Place, to CCC, for conservative curmudgeon corner. Fits better.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #35
    Senior Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    5,208

    Default

    I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.

    I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

    I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

    I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

    I voted Democrat because when we
    pull out of Iraq , I trust that the badguys will stop what they're doing becausethey now think we're good people. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

    I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

    I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

    I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite The Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

    I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my rear that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

    "A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

    "The problem with Socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."


    Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

    “People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

    ― George Bernard Shaw


    The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

  6. #36
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post


    Take a look at the titles and content of posts here over the past few weeks. I think its sad that POTUS place has basically become a right-wing echo chamber where it makes about as much sense to provide a thoughtful counter argument to a right wing talking point here as it does to call in to the Rush Limbaugh show. I must admit, you folks are entertaining just like Rush, the leader of your party. I am at the edge of my seat once or twice a day when I check in to see just how many ways can you misspell President Obama's name, work in the word socialism, deny that the Bush administration had any responsibility for our current economic condition, proclaim tax cuts will solve all our problems, site a single statistic from a daily opinion poll to prove your point, and blame pretty much everything on radical left wing liberals and especially Nancy Pelosi. You know though, it has been a while since you all have seriously brought up immigration, taking away guns, or blamed the media.
    Stay the course and keep up the great work. It clearly has benefited your party in the last two elections and in current opinion polls.

    Can't wait to be called shrill regards,

    But as you are inclined to say, "It's only been a couple of months." Just think of all the fun ahead. Hope you and your fellow libs can survive. Even an ostrich pulls it's head outa the sand from time to time.

    As far as those opinion polls, Henry...awe hayel, you certainly didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

    As your beloved messiah, Reid, and Pelosi and there minions continue to drag this nation further into a hole you nor your grandkids can dig out of in the forseeable future, and the fiat printed $$$ to cover all their programs has you paying 25% for your money, $10/gal for milk, $8/loaf for bread, what will you tell us then?

    Remember when that was happening with your old nail-pounder Carter running the show? And after he was beaten by Reagan, it didn't take the MSP a DAY to start bashing Reagan for the economy problems in the early '80s...there was ZERO carryover in their hypocritical eyes that just maybe some of it had to do with what Reagan 'inherited'.

    For a batch of political wonks that always throw out how they are for equality, fairness, and the 'do-unto-others' bit, do you see even a modicum of irony here?

    So my question to you Harry, and Hugh, and Yardley, and the rest of you libs...why? Why do you bother? You have all the kings horses and all the king's men. Who cares if you can't put H.D. together again??? Live it up. Laugh...or at least smile once in a while. You got everything you wanted, and the sycophantic press is along for total protection just in case there might be a Dashole in the woodpile they can excuse.

    As your leaders continue to move this nation to the left, and into socialism, you should be elated...certainly not worried about what some conservatives might be saying about this insanity. Hellsbells, you never truely wanted those freedoms that are being taken away from you anyway, did you? Sorry, that was a play at levity. (I forgot, you've been living under oppression in Minnesoooota for so long, you are just happy to see the rest of us denied those freedoms.)

    In the liberal view, it's not 'be all you can be', it's "take from those that have, and give to those that don't"...always wanting to make everyone as miserable as you are. Well, congratulations. You have everything in your government to accomplish that, and the blessings of the MSP to fight off those that might be opposed. Just don't choke on the sand.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  7. #37
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    But as you are inclined to say, "It's only been a couple of months." Just think of all the fun ahead. Hope you and your fellow libs can survive. Even an ostrich pulls it's head outa the sand from time to time.

    As far as those opinion polls, Henry...awe hayel, you certainly didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

    As your beloved messiah, Reid, and Pelosi and there minions continue to drag this nation further into a hole you nor your grandkids can dig out of in the forseeable future, and the fiat printed $$$ to cover all their programs has you paying 25% for your money, $10/gal for milk, $8/loaf for bread, what will you tell us then?

    Remember when that was happening with your old nail-pounder Carter running the show? And after he was beaten by Reagan, it didn't take the MSP a DAY to start bashing Reagan for the economy problems in the early '80s...there was ZERO carryover in their hypocritical eyes that just maybe some of it had to do with what Reagan 'inherited'.

    For a batch of political wonks that always throw out how they are for equality, fairness, and the 'do-unto-others' bit, do you see even a modicum of irony here?

    So my question to you Harry, and Hugh, and Yardley, and the rest of you libs...why? Why do you bother? You have all the kings horses and all the king's men. Who cares if you can't put H.D. together again??? Live it up. Laugh...or at least smile once in a while. You got everything you wanted, and the sycophantic press is along for total protection just in case there might be a Dashole in the woodpile they can excuse.

    As your leaders continue to move this nation to the left, and into socialism, you should be elated...certainly not worried about what some conservatives might be saying about this insanity. Hellsbells, you never truely wanted those freedoms that are being taken away from you anyway, did you? Sorry, that was a play at levity. (I forgot, you've been living under oppression in Minnesoooota for so long, you are just happy to see the rest of us denied those freedoms.)

    In the liberal view, it's not 'be all you can be', it's "take from those that have, and give to those that don't"...always wanting to make everyone as miserable as you are. Well, congratulations. You have everything in your government to accomplish that, and the blessings of the MSP to fight off those that might be opposed. Just don't choke on the sand.

    UB

    My goodness, Bill, you certainly paint with a broad brush, don't you?

    You lump all of us 'libs' together. I'm sure that 'we' do not all agree on every point of view.
    Might I lump you together with all of the 'CONS' (emphasis mine) who post on this sub-forum? Even those, who unlike you, are more than somewhat obtuse?

    I'm not going to play at making comparisons between right and left, conservative vs. liberal, republican or democrat.

    From American philosopher and songwriter, Bob Dylan:

    Come gather 'round people
    Wherever you roam
    And admit that the waters
    Around you have grown
    And accept it that soon
    You'll be drenched to the bone.
    If your time to you
    Is worth savin'
    Then you better start swimmin'
    Or you'll sink like a stone
    For the times they are a-changin'.

    Come writers and critics
    Who prophesize with your pen
    And keep your eyes wide
    The chance won't come again
    And don't speak too soon
    For the wheel's still in spin
    And there's no tellin' who
    That it's namin'.
    For the loser now
    Will be later to win
    For the times they are a-changin'.

    Come senators, congressmen
    Please heed the call
    Don't stand in the doorway
    Don't block up the hall
    For he that gets hurt
    Will be he who has stalled
    There's a battle outside
    And it is ragin'.
    It'll soon shake your windows
    And rattle your walls
    For the times they are a-changin'.

    Come mothers and fathers
    Throughout the land
    And don't criticize
    What you can't understand
    Your sons and your daughters
    Are beyond your command
    Your old road is
    Rapidly agin'.
    Please get out of the new one
    If you can't lend your hand
    For the times they are a-changin'.

    The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast
    The slow one now
    Will later be fast
    As the present now
    Will later be past
    The order is
    Rapidly fadin'.
    And the first one now
    Will later be last
    For the times they are a-changin'.

    The revolution, Bill, started five decades ago, and even old hippies like me, who sold out on many fronts, never let it go completly.

    Enjoy the taste of the sand,

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  8. #38
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,818

    Default

    So, whats new? The times are always a-changing, always have and always will. In the case of Mr Zimmerman, it just a catchy tune to him, he has never viewed himself political. It's his fans that have created the fantacy. To bad the times are a-changing towards a total financial disaster with the Dems authoring the major blow. They fiddle, we burn!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-05-2009 at 09:24 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I wish Comrade Obama came with an ignore button.
    The ignore button will show up in 2012

  10. #40
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    The ignore button will show up in 2012
    I'm sure it will.

    A little reminder from the past.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

    Greetings from the sandlot

    JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 03-05-2009 at 10:18 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Similar Threads

  1. In Defense of Breeders
    By Ken Archer in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
  2. Comrade Obama appointment that is frightening
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
  3. Comrade Obama nixes Vet healthcare proposal due to outcry
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 03:20 PM
  4. Now Comrade Obama wants to talk to the Taliban
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 12:04 AM
  5. Chavez urges Comrade Obama to turn to socialism
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •