The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obomo appoints yet another TAX CHEAT

BP,
    Just out of curiosity, why not just discuss the issue at hand, instead of rationalizing criminal behavior by pointing out that a Republican has done something similar? It seems that any time a point is brought up about a Democrat, you deflect by claiming the same behavior by a Republican. What does that prove other than that there are scoundrels on both sides?
    The fact is that we are finding multiple Obama appoinees that have tax problems. That could indicate a number of things:
    a. Our President likes tax cheats
    b. Our President has a staff that is incompetent and incapable of properly vetting a candidate
    c. Democrats in general don't pay taxes
    d. Politicians in general don't pay thier taxes
    e. The tax code is so complex, most of us can't understand it and may likely be tax cheats, ourselves
    f. None of the above.

What I find disturbing from folks on both sides of the political aisle is the tendency to justify bad behavior on the part of "our guys" with examples of bad behavior on the part of "their guys". I am personally disgusted with both Republicans and Democrats. Bush's big government tendencies are just as unappealing to me as Obama's. His prescription drug benefit plan is just one step toward Obama's social medicine plan. If we the people continue to allow our elected officials to pit us against one another as if we are sports fans rooting for our respective teams, instead of citizens concerned about the future of our country, we all lose. We should be most critical of those that purport to represent our beliefs, not just those that oppose them. As a Conservative, I should be quick to point out those on the right that represent me poorly. As a Liberal(?), you should be policing your own house as well. If we can't agree that cheaters should not be elected or appointed into positions of power, regardless of political affiliation, this country is doomed.
    That said, if you feel that Sarah Palin is a tax cheat, start a new thread and let's discuss it.
    Respectfully,
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I think the IRS should audit all in Congress and Supreme Court as well as all sitting in State Congressional offices. We might find 4 trillion in upaid taxs/interest to pay for Obomos boondoogle bills!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    If a dem/lib is doing it, it's okay to use the "glass house" defense....so much for the "change" motif....

It's not a defense of anything. It's a recognition of hypocrisy. The circumstances in these cases are all very similar, so either Sarah Palin deserves scorn along with the Democrats that get singled out, or none of them deserve scorn since they have all 'settled' their back tax issues.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    BP,
    Just out of curiosity, why not just discuss the issue at hand, instead of rationalizing criminal behavior by pointing out that a Republican has done something similar? It seems that any time a point is brought up about a Democrat, you deflect by claiming the same behavior by a Republican. What does that prove other than that there are scoundrels on both sides?
    The fact is that we are finding multiple Obama appoinees that have tax problems. That could indicate a number of things:
    b. Our President has a staff that is incompetent and incapable of properly vetting a candidate
    d. Politicians in general don't pay thier taxes
    e. The tax code is so complex, most of us can't understand it and may likely be tax cheats, ourselves
    f. None of the above.

What I find disturbing from folks on both sides of the political aisle is the tendency to justify bad behavior on the part of "our guys" with examples of bad behavior on the part of "their guys". I am personally disgusted with both Republicans and Democrats. Bush's big government tendencies are just as unappealing to me as Obama's. His prescription drug benefit plan is just one step toward Obama's social medicine plan. If we the people continue to allow our elected officials to pit us against one another as if we are sports fans rooting for our respective teams, instead of citizens concerned about the future of our country, we all lose. We should be most critical of those that purport to represent our beliefs, not just those that oppose them. As a Conservative, I should be quick to point out those on the right that represent me poorly. As a Liberal(?), you should be policing your own house as well. If we can't agree that cheaters should not be elected or appointed into positions of power, regardless of political affiliation, this country is doomed.
    That said, if you feel that Sarah Palin is a tax cheat, start a new thread and let's discuss it.
    Respectfully,

I'm pointing out that the conclusion reached by the original poster here was:
    or

In reality, I think is is mostly a case of:
    and
    f. People in general cheat on their taxes, and the more money you make, the more money you are cheating the IRS out of.
    What's the Plan?

If a dem/lib is doing it, it's okay to use the "glass house" defense....so much for the "change" motif....

BP, you decided on manning up and telling us who you are?

kg

It would have to be a man to man up. Nobody would want ot put a name on the kind of crap he puts out
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

This isn't exactly a tax cheat. This guy accepted bribes.

Eric

Buildings sprang up as donations rained down on Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrion
    BY Benjamin Lesser and Greg B. Smith
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Updated Sunday, March 1st 2009, 1:35 PM

The man who is President Obama's newly minted urban czar pocketed thousands of dollars in campaign cash from city developers whose projects he approved or funded with taxpayers' money, a Daily News probe found.

Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrion often received contributions just before or after he sponsored money for projects or approved important zoning changes, records show.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    It's not a defense of anything. It's a recognition of hypocrisy. The circumstances in these cases are all very similar, so either Sarah Palin deserves scorn along with the Democrats that get singled out, or none of them deserve scorn since they have all 'settled' their back tax issues.
    Still not proud enough of your stance to use your real name?

Credibility, man....if you're confident enough to pontificate and promote all things democratic/liberal, then you should be man enough to use your own name.

There.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Credibility, man....if you're confident enough to pontificate and promote all things democratic/liberal, then you should be man enough to use your own name.

There.

kg
    KG
    He has me on ingore so my request for his credibility are going unnoticed
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Still more concerned about who is making the argument than the merits of the arguments themselves?
    What's the Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Come on, Ron Kirk's just being sloppy with his taxes.
    Ron Kirk is an attorney and I think a good and decent man. He was a very good Dallas Mayor and had he still been in office the Cowboys would not be building their palace in Arlington but rather in downtown Dallas where it belongs. He is a get it done guy and will probably be good in his position as US Trade Representative (for whatever that's worth).

Apparently the biggest issue was some speaker's fees that he assigned to his alma mater but did not declare the income and take the donation deduction.

The only part of this that troubles me (10K in back taxes is a pittance for someone with his income) is why would a high profile ATTORNEY who is a politician and who makes lots of money not have a CPA go over his return with a fine tooth comb?????......
    The epitaph written by one of his daughters:

"Resting here until day break when shadows fall and darkness disappears lies Quanah Parker, last Chief of the Comanches"