The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Obomo appoints yet another TAX CHEAT

Well said and I could not agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    There will be no next time. I'll no longer attempt to engage you in any type of discourse. You've proven yourself either incapable or unwilling to have a reasonable conversation about the issues. There are those here (Jeff and Joe S. for example) who fall left of me on most political issues, but have the ability to present thier arguments in a respectful and thoughtful manner. I usually enjoy reading their positions on matters political, even though I often find myself in disagreement. I suspect that both of them are men of character and I would probably enjoy spending time in a duck blind or training dogs with either of them.
    I get a very different feeling about you based on your posts here. Your unwillingness to claim your drivel by posting your real name should have been a red flag, but I'm often too willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt. My policy has always been to treat everyone with respect until they prove themselves unworthy of my respect. I believe we have reached that point here. We need to have no further interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    He claims he did, and that the CPA erred.
    A CPA can only go on the info provided by the client. Every CPA has a disclaimer that states in general that the tax return is based on the information provided by the client. If the client does not inform the CPA of certain income, it will not be on the return. (just an example). If a CPA is not party to a client's (or their wife's) full financial actions they are not liable for misinformation reported by the client, (or other people).

Look, the new head of the IRS needs to understand the tax laws. He was told that he had to pay the taxes and was given compensation from the IMF to pay the taxes. He took the money and did not pay the taxes. He is a crook and belongs in jail. They gave him the money with instructions that for was for those taxes. He knew!!

Well since Obomo's been through his circle of friends and confidants and they're all turning out to be tax cheats, maybe next he'll start installing his family members in Cabinet level positions. Here are some future agency heads, errr, the Royal Family, posing with their Magic Brother at the White House earlier this week. Some of them live in public housing in the U.K., that should be sufficient experience to head up HUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Well since Obomo's been through his circle of friends and confidants and they're all turning out to be tax cheats, maybe next he'll start installing his family members in Cabinet level positions. Here are some future agency heads, errr, the Royal Family, posing with their Magic Brother at the White House earlier this week. Some of them live in public housing in the U.K., that should be sufficient experience to head up HUD!
    Well if I ever get invited to the White House for dinner I'm gonna wear blue jeans and a sailors cap, I would also let my kid ware an old stained sweatshirt.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 03-05-2009 at 07:30 AM.

There will be no next time. I'll no longer attempt to engage you in any type of discourse. You've proven yourself either incapable or unwilling to have a reasonable conversation about the issues. There are those here (Jeff and Joe S. for example) who fall left of me on most political issues, but have the ability to present thier arguments in a respectful and thoughtful manner. I usually enjoy reading their positions on matters political, even though I often find myself in disagreement. I suspect that both of them are men of character and I would probably enjoy spending time in a duck blind or training dogs with either of them.
    I get a very different feeling about you based on your posts here. Your unwillingness to claim your drivel by posting your real name should have been a red flag, but I'm often too willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt. My policy has always been to treat everyone with respect until they prove themselves unworthy of my respect. I believe we have reached that point here. We need to have no further interaction.
    Been there with BP many times... he or she, whatever, is unable to engage in any kind of discussion without blaming everything on Bush or the Republicans and our "failed" policies. And with no sense of humor to speak of, not even funny posts are free from his/her lack of intelectual pontifications.

I once said that if he/she ever fell over and bumped his/her head, he/she would probably blame it on Bush and cry out to Democrats that it's unfair that he/she tripped...

No offense BP, but you are kind of a killjoy... you can quote drivle with the best of them, and I admire your ability to memorize authors of inane and obscure political and environmental articles, but your inability to think for yourself most of the time breaks my heart.

Hookset, take care and don't let BP get under your skin too much... we Conservatives prefer to to keep those poor "Progressives" under our thumb.

Sounds like the political party for Car Insurance salesmen regards.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Thumbs up

BP,
    Just out of curiosity, why not just discuss the issue at hand, instead of rationalizing criminal behavior by pointing out that a Republican has done something similar? It seems that any time a point is brought up about a Democrat, you deflect by claiming the same behavior by a Republican. What does that prove other than that there are scoundrels on both sides?
    The fact is that we are finding multiple Obama appoinees that have tax problems. That could indicate a number of things:
    a. Our President likes tax cheats
    b. Our President has a staff that is incompetent and incapable of properly vetting a candidate
    c. Democrats in general don't pay taxes
    d. Politicians in general don't pay thier taxes
    e. The tax code is so complex, most of us can't understand it and may likely be tax cheats, ourselves
    f. None of the above.

What I find disturbing from folks on both sides of the political aisle is the tendency to justify bad behavior on the part of "our guys" with examples of bad behavior on the part of "their guys". I am personally disgusted with both Republicans and Democrats. Bush's big government tendencies are just as unappealing to me as Obama's. His prescription drug benefit plan is just one step toward Obama's social medicine plan. If we the people continue to allow our elected officials to pit us against one another as if we are sports fans rooting for our respective teams, instead of citizens concerned about the future of our country, we all lose. We should be most critical of those that purport to represent our beliefs, not just those that oppose them. As a Conservative, I should be quick to point out those on the right that represent me poorly. As a Liberal(?), you should be policing your own house as well. If we can't agree that cheaters should not be elected or appointed into positions of power, regardless of political affiliation, this country is doomed.
    That said, if you feel that Sarah Palin is a tax cheat, start a new thread and let's discuss it.
    Respectfully,

Very well said!!