...something we can all abide by. Paul Harvey will be remembered, and missed. UB
Paul Harvey's ďTen Commandments for a Responsible Pet OwnerĒ as dictated by the pet.
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Donít be angry with me for long and donít lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments. But I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I donít understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, and yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps Iím not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old
10. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you canít bear to watch. Donít make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful thing without Godís critters.