RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

From a great American...

786 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  torrey 
#1 ·
...something we can all abide by. Paul Harvey will be remembered, and missed. UB

Paul Harvey's “Ten Commandments for a Responsible Pet Owner” as dictated by the pet.

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments. But I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, and yet I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old

10. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Because I love you so.

Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.

Life would be a much duller, less joyful thing without God’s critters.

See less See more
#4 ·
While what you say is true, so are the words that Harvey spoke about dog ownership.

Remember that we all are entitled to our opinions and beliefs...that's what makes (for now) American great. No matter if you are a conservative or liberal, we can all learn something from the other side of the aisle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.