The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Rawlins on the RNC/ Limbaugh debate

Default Ed Rawlins on the RNC/ Limbaugh debate

Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Mr. Rawlins was paid by the "Huckster" during the campaign, that does not make him a real Republican. The employment of Mr Rawlins in the Reagan White House gives him the same credibility in the Republican world as Brady, Gergen, Krugman et al.

The Republicans will not do well following the advice portrayed in that column, but they will eventually do well as they have a strong core of individuals who believe in the reasons this country was founded. I personally think Michael Steele is too moderate, without the fire in his belly attitude toward limited government that serves the core so well.

But then, I'm sure the posting pleased your left leaning sensibilities, so enjoy it while you can. 2010 is coming.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

We have an economy that's been flushed down the toilet and it's a 50/50 toss-up whether we go into depression and all Dear Leader can do to divert the country's attention from his inability to lead is to produce an enemies list of private citizens and attack them. Dick Nixon would be proud.

We've hired a guy in Dear Leader who hates free-enterprise, he hates capitalism, and he even hates his own country. He's just getting started. Even liberals like Cramer realize what a huge mistake he made with this guy.

And he's got reprobates like Pelosi and Reid doing the dirty work in Congress. There's really nothing anybody can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Mr. Rawlins was paid by the "Huckster" during the campaign, that does not make him a real Republican. The employment of Mr Rawlins in the Reagan White House gives him the same credibility in the Republican world as Brady, Gergen, Krugman et al.

The Republicans will not do well following the advice portrayed in that column, but they will eventually do well as they have a strong core of individuals who believe in the reasons this country was founded. I personally think Michael Steele is too moderate, without the fire in his belly attitude toward limited government that serves the core so well.

But then, I'm sure the posting pleased your left leaning sensibilities, so enjoy it while you can. 2010 is coming.
    Did you pay your dues to the Party yet? Bet not.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Did you pay your dues to the Party yet? Bet not.
    During the last campaign I contributed to several candidates who approach the philosophy of limited government, plus a couple of moderates that had opponents who were really bad. But I do have the letter on my table from the RNC & am waiting for something concrete that I can support. Until then they will have to get by without my contribution, but I have already made my yearly contribution to Club for Growth, a fine fiscally conservative organization, that vets candidates & tells us what they stand for.

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    During the last campaign I contributed to several candidates who approach the philosophy of limited government, plus a couple of moderates that had opponents who were really bad. But I do have the letter on my table from the RNC & am waiting for something concrete that I can support. Until then they will have to get by without my contribution, but I have already made my yearly contribution to Club for Growth, a fine fiscally conservative organization, that vets candidates & tells us what they stand for.
    Good for you. I admire a man that puts his money where his mouth is. Its these guys with barroom wisdom that contribute nothing or don't vote that are a load. Soldier on, I enjoy the debate.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    We have an economy that's been flushed down the toilet and it's a 50/50 toss-up whether we go into depression and all Dear Leader can do to divert the country's attention from his inability to lead is to produce an enemies list of private citizens and attack them. Dick Nixon would be proud.

We've hired a guy in Dear Leader who hates free-enterprise, he hates capitalism, and he even hates his own country. He's just getting started. Even liberals like Cramer realize what a huge mistake he made with this guy.

And he's got reprobates like Pelosi and Reid doing the dirty work in Congress. There's really nothing anybody can do about it.
    "He hates his country?" How can I identify people who love our country?

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    "He hates his country?" How can I identify people who love our country?
    Don't look in the mirror -

Marvin S

Serious question, Marvin: What is a Republican? What is a conservative?

When you say Republican, I think of Ed Rawlins, Charlie Crist, Dick Lugar, Bush the elder, etc.. They are decent folks and if the ran the local bank, I could leave my money with them. Certainly, I'm not philosophically in sync with them all the time, but I like to hear their viewpoints.

When you say conservative, I think of William F. Buckley. Certainly a learned and articulate spokesman for conservatism. I am not from the same social class, so my starting point is different than his, but I found him quite thought provoking.

Then there is Limbaugh who people call a Republican, and says he is not, he says he is a conservative. To me he sounds more like a bitter, mean barroom blowhard that is impressed with the sound of his own voice more than with the sound of his thoughts.

Can you help me out here Marv. Which is which?
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post

Then there is Limbaugh who people call a Republican, and says he is not, he says he is a conservative. To me he sounds more like a bitter, mean barroom blowhard that is impressed with the sound of his own voice more than with the sound of his thoughts.
    That is the problem on both sides, it seems like the only people that get attention are the folks operating on the fringes of the left and the right. The pendulum appears to be swinging further left and then further right with each political cycle....eventually enough of us will get fed up enough to stop it from swinging and let it hang in the middle, where it will be pointing to the words "COMMON SENSE"

My whole mantra during the elections was "vote for gridlock".....Even if the Republicans would have rolled out a monkey in a clown suit for president I would have voted for him. With a divided Washington we at least get debate on some of these issues as opposed to having one party's agenda being shoved down our throats.