The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: NRA MEMBER, NOT, JOINING ?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a NRA Member

30 73.17%
  • I am not a NRA Member

7 17.07%
  • Will be a NRA Member soon

4 9.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NRA Member???

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I think the biggest turn off for me with DU and NRA is the constant plea for $$ . Send me a bill or email once a year and I send you money. Don't piss away 95% of what I sent in on getting it again next year. Heck I will even buy the subscription to the mags. I guess the address labels are nice for Christmas cards.

I like the representation and the organized effort.

BTW I did ask if I could be taken off the mailers, givaways and they said it will cost more to do that than sending me the stuff.

Maybe I should start sending more.

I am a life member but constanly hanging up on them calling in the evening....I to get tired of the constant WE NEED YOUR MONEY BS. If it is that important send me a letter in the mail and I will read it eventually and make the determination on my time when I decided to address the issue...not during the time of the day I am trying to relax and unwind.

I expect to be left alone & can be rude when called, this includes political campaigns - dropped NRA when Tonya? was the legislative person - just got tired of a constant crisis when there was not one. Did rejoin this year. DU is not my bag because of their overpay of the Executive Director, but do have a really nice cribbage set my wife & I use which was purchased at a silent auction many years ago. I do Rocky Mountain Elk though I do not hunt big game as I believe a healthy Elk population is a sign of a system in balance.

I also just don't send money, I do a lot on our property & through the citizen process to show what a good citizen a gun packer can be.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

life member and just signed the wife up. she also just signed up for CC permit which indiana is now offering a lifetime permit.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Life member regards....
    Same here
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Lifer.

Rest assured the NRA isn't getting any of Dear Leader's stimulus money. I've given money to the NRA-ILA and will do so again. Don't be too hard on them constantly looking for donations. It's their life blood.

I've been a member for a number of years now. We had a guy come into work with his Life Member jacket and I made a comment about. He said he never realized you could pay in installments. When he found out he took the plunge.

These days I don't want to be in debt to anyone. I'd pay off my mortgage if I could. I think I'll take that money I just "saved" on the life membership and buy another gun or a few kegs of powder.

Tom
    Tom Wall