The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Communist Party Goals from 1963, they're doing well so far...

  1. #21
    Senior Member BrianW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Athol, North Idaho
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Did anyone else catch the Glenn Beck Show the other day when he interviewed Sam Webb, National Chair of the Communist Party USA?

    This guy gave a speech delivered at a Peoples Weekly World forum in Cleveland, Ohio, January 31, 2009, "A New Era Begins" on how the Communist agenda is being fulfilled by Obama, how the President & Congress represents "something quite different" and calling him "the people's advocate".

    "That said, the opportunities ... are extraordinary. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    In any case, we have our work cut out for us. But I think we can confidently say that change is coming. And we will build a more perfect union.

    Yes, we can."


    http://www.cpusa.org/article/articleview/1015/1/27/
    Last edited by BrianW; 03-08-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791
    ________________________________________
    Proud partner of (HR) WR SR Brian's 44Magnum Monster
    co-owned by HR Rianne's 2nd Chance Hurricane Rebel

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpaschal30 View Post
    You are absolutely right. They are socialists. Socialists are just communists that haven't gotten it right.
    From where most of us sit as born bred citizens of the United States the difference between communism and socialism is merely semantics. So I think for most of us this is a true statment.

  3. #23

    Default

    You might be a radical if you use these names in the same sentence "Karl Marx, Adolph Hitler, Osama bin Laden, Sadam Hussein, Carl Rove ".

    Come on Carl Rove lumped in with these guys? You forgot to throw Bush and Reagan in there also.

    If you can't beat them, demonize them.

    Exaggeration regards,

    John
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 03-10-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling

  4. #24
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    You might be a radical if you use these names in the same sentence "Karl Marx, Adolph Hitler, Osama bin Laden, Sadam Hussein, Carl Rove ".

    Come on Carl Rove lumped in with these guys? You forgot to throw Bush and Reagan in there also.

    If you can't beat them, demonize them.

    Exaggeration regards,

    John
    Carl Rove wanted a permanent Republican majority. That is a one party state any way you slice it. Poland under Communist rule allowed other parties but kept them from rising to power by political arrests, harassment and manipulating elections. So does Robert Mugabe. Permanent majority parties and one party states are corrupted by absolute power and need to be periodically replaced.

    Reagan did not promote one party permanent majority.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-11-2009 at 06:18 AM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    If you can't beat them, demonize them.

    Exaggeration regards,

    John
    No truer words recently spoken here.

    Now, go review the titles of the threads and the content here the past few weeks. Notice anything?
    Last edited by Henry V; 03-11-2009 at 10:32 AM.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Carl Rove wanted a permanent Republican majority. That is a one party state any way you slice it. Poland under Communist rule allowed other parties but kept them from rising to power by political arrests, harassment and manipulating elections. So does Robert Mugabe. Permanent majority parties and one party states are corrupted by absolute power and need to be periodically replaced.

    Reagan did not promote one party permanent majority.
    So are we going to lump Obama and the Dems in this group also. Does that mean we are currently under a one party system?

    The Dems ruled congress for around 40 years, so by your reasoning was that a one party system?

    Did the Republicans harass, manipulate or arrest a bunch of dems that I am not aware of?

    The only true manipulation of elections has traditionally been done by the Dems. Can you say the Chicago Machine, Acorn and I can go on and on.

    Seems to me that every party wants to rule or there would be not reason for a party.

    I don't believe Rove wanted a one party system, he did want his party to win a majority.

    Like I said, you may want to stop exaggerating.

  7. #27
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    So are we going to lump Obama and the Dems in this group also. Does that mean we are currently under a one party system?

    The Dems ruled congress for around 40 years, so by your reasoning was that a one party system?

    Did the Republicans harass, manipulate or arrest a bunch of dems that I am not aware of?

    The only true manipulation of elections has traditionally been done by the Dems. Can you say the Chicago Machine, Acorn and I can go on and on.

    Seems to me that every party wants to rule or there would be not reason for a party.

    I don't believe Rove wanted a one party system, he did want his party to win a majority.

    Like I said, you may want to stop exaggerating.
    What I said was I don't want to live in a one party state regardless of the author.

    The end of the 40 year democrat rule proves exactly my point. We need a strong bi- party or multi- party system. The dem rule had become corrupt and I was very happy to vote my democrat congressman out. The dude was one of the most corrupt. Without another party the corruption would have been much prolonged.

    Dems do not have a lock on chicanery. Remember Watergate and the enemies list?

    I haven't seen it written in stone anywhere that Republicans are by nature more virtuous or better examples of the good than the rest of mankind. They put their pants on like the rest of us--They are subject to the same blandishments.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-12-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  8. #28
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    What I said was I don't want to live in a one party state regardless of the author.

    The end of the 40 year democrat rule proves exactly my point. We need a strong bi- party or multi- party system. The dem rule had become corrupt and I was very happy to vote my democrat congressman out. The dude was one of the most corrupt. Without another party the corruption would have been much prolonged.

    Dems do not have a lock on chicanery. Remember Watergate and the enemies list?

    I haven't seen it written in stone anywhere that Republicans are by nature more virtuous or better examples of the good than the rest of mankind. They put their pants like the rest of us--They are subject to the same blandishments.
    "Blandishments", A good word Sarge. One hears it infrequently. I'm sure though that the persuasive flattery, or cajolery, is more self-inflicted, whether one be R or D, than from without.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  9. #29
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    "Blandishments", A good word Sarge. One hears it infrequently. I'm sure though that the persuasive flattery, or cajolery, is more self-inflicted, whether one be R or D, than from without.

    JD
    I'll buy that!
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Similar Threads

  1. Vintage FT Trophy on eBay (1963 Wisconsin Am)
    By AmiableLabs in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
  2. Your Retriever Goals for 2009
    By Dogtrainer4God in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 08:32 AM
  3. It's Over!- 2007 FT's-How about our goals?
    By Chad Baker in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM
  4. Realistic goals
    By bubba102105 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 01:20 PM
  5. 4 Goals of Breeding...
    By turningpointlabs in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •