The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

Default Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

Sorry... You can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009
    Last edited by NJ_H2OFWLR; 03-07-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Information was Not Researched prior to posting
    It's not in the Color........it's in the Character

PLEASE. PLEASE CHECK THESE THING OUT BEFORE YOU PASS RUMORS ALONG. This got ZERO support and will die in committee

This is from the NRA

It is H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. This bill was introduced in the 111th Congress by U. S. Rep. Bobby Rush (D IL) on Jan. 6, 2009. Failing to attract any co sponsors, it was referred for consideration to the House Committee on the Judiciary, where it now rests awaiting further action.

This kind of stuff add fuel to the fire of the anit gun crowd and is causing ammo to soar in price. They will not need this because we, sportsmen, are doing a fine job of running around like chicken little buying into every email we are sent and driving up the price of ammo (when you can find it). Just please make sure you are not passing along old news that is not an issue. I understand you though you were doing a service but it really is not helping.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

BTW- search POTUS Place and there are a couple of threads about it
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Thanks, Corey. I was about to go off...

snopes.com is not quite as committal: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ammunition.asp

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

badbullgator No need too......seems to be Your Job.
    Thanks

I checked it on Snopes my bad

Moderator Please Delete Thread

I think snopes has just not updated. this is from Truthorfiction.com. It is in fact true that some states have tried and a couple of the wacko states mass/ca may try to move forward, but as far as on a federal level it is pretty much dead in the water

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...bility-act.htm

Summary of the eRumor:
    A forwarded email warning that several US states have bills in process that would require that all firearm ammunition be encoded with a micro-stamp in order to keep track of ammunition sales. The email goes on to say that any non encoded ammunition sold would be subject to a tax.

The Truth:
    Angus McClellan, a spokesperson from the National Rifle Association Institute For Legislative Action (NRA-ILA), told truthorfiction.com that the bills are real, pending and will "likely die at the end of the sessions."
    According to an NRA-ILA web site, this was a process that was recommended in 1969 by President Lyndon B. Johnson's National Commission on the Causes and Prevention of Violence to provide "a system of giving each gun a number and the development of some device to imprint this number on each bullet fired from the gun."
    Those who support the encoding process hope that it will aid law enforcement to solve crimes but the NRA-ILA's concern is that the underlying "real purpose is to price handguns beyond the reach of many Americans, by requiring firearms to be made with the gadgetry necessary to create the markings, or to ban handguns by requiring that they 'micro-stamp' more consistently than is technologically possible."
    McClellan told truthorfiction.com that as of January 2009 they have been successful in preventing passage of this legislation but there is a chance of its passage in California or one of the New England states. He also said that this issue "remains at the top of our list of legislative priorities. We'll keep everyone posted on our website and in our magazines if they try to seriously pursue passage in any state, or in the U.S. Congress."

The NRA-ILA has a fact sheet on the issue and link to the NRA News interview posted on their web site.
    Click for NRA-ILA website

The very fact that the NRA themselves say it "will likely die" is a pretty good indicator that this is not much of a threat. God knows I love the NRA, but they do like to keep the hysteria alive (I really don;t mean that in a bad way) and by them saying this it means to me that it is dead already or they would be issuing statements like "this requiers fast action" or what have you.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NJ_H2OFWLR View Post
    Thanks

No hard feeling I hope. Actually let the thread stay so others can see it. there is actually another on on here now about it as well.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by NJ_H2OFWLR View Post
    Thanks

You can delete the thread yourself since you are the one that started it.

No harm, no foul....but with everybody seeming to be on a "hair trigger" these days, it's better to do just a little bit of research before posting something as an absolute.

Been there done that regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

No worries..........I usually research before posting. This one just got to me so I hurried to put it up.