Thread: Spkr Gingrich may run for POTUS in 12

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Default Spkr Gingrich may run for POTUS in 12

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...sidential-run/

He would beat Comrade Obama like a durm
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

He's the smartest guy there and one of the few true conservatives, but I'm afraid that his image is tarnished beyond repair. The Democrats did a great job of demonizing him when he was Speaker.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

He did a good job of tarnishing himself with conservatives the last couple years.

Didn't he do an appearance with Nancy Pelosi on some Global Warming initiative?

Time for some new blood.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

anybody but Comrade Obama
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

He wants to keep himself relevant & his speaking fees high - he has about as much chance in the nominating process as a skunk with no stripes.

When he was Speaker he did a good job to a point - when he shut the government down & caved his credibility suffered. It further caved when the appropriation paid the government employees for the 5 days they were not at work. Imagine that happening in the real world.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

He wants to keep himself relevant & his speaking fees high - he has about as much chance in the nominating process as a skunk with no stripes.
    Exactly. He's become Pat Buchanan Jr....has to say/do something outrageous every 3 or 4 months to keep his name in the paper.

He's a brilliant guy, though, and probably one of the best extemporaneous speakers/interviewees I've seen. Way too much political and personal baggage to make a legit run at the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Exactly. He's become Pat Buchanan Jr....has to say/do something outrageous every 3 or 4 months to keep his name in the paper.

He's a brilliant guy, though, and probably one of the best extemporaneous speakers/interviewees I've seen. Way too much political and personal baggage to make a legit run at the presidency.
    As opposed to Obama who had no baggage nor experience, but does appoint people with lots of baggage and tax bills from tax evasion.

I'll remember that, when you extole his virtues in a few years, and I'm sure the sand will still taste OK.

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 03-07-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: why not?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I'll remember that, when you extole his virtues in a few years, and I'm sure the sand will still taste OK.

JD
    Hmmm...I thought I just did extoll some of his virtues. You know, the part about him being brilliant and a great speaker. I know it must be perplexing to an Obama worshiper that anyone else can see/acknowledge both sides of a political figure, but there you have it.

I'm sure, however, that even if given a few more years to ponder I still won't get your obscure reference to eating dirt. Is that some New Mexico hippy commune practice about eating Mother Earth to become as one with Her that I should be familiar with?

Hmmm...I thought I just did extoll some of his virtues. You know, the part about him being brilliant and a great speaker. I know it must be perplexing to an Obama worshiper that anyone else can see/acknowledge both sides of a political figure, but there you have it.

I'm sure, however, that even if given a few more years to ponder I still won't get your obscure reference to eating dirt. Is that some New Mexico hippy commune practice about eating Mother Earth to become as one with Her that I should be familiar with?

Head in the sand. I know you're familiar with that, and its the only place where one could view Newt as brilliant.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift