The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Costco and Animal Rights

  1. #1
    Senior Member TCFarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    327

    Default Costco and Animal Rights

    In the Costco Connection there is a piece on wheter or not animals should be given the same rights as humans. You can see the for and against statements here. http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn.../200903/?pg=16

    If you don't want to read it you can vote here.
    http://delivery.texterity.com/costco/index000342983.cfm

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCFarmer View Post
    In the Costco Connection there is a piece on wheter or not animals should be given the same rights as humans. You can see the for and against statements here. http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn.../200903/?pg=16

    If you don't want to read it you can vote here.
    http://delivery.texterity.com/costco/index000342983.cfm

    I'm emailing my buddy at Corporate in Issaquah.......I wonder if the lettuce he buys has feelings too?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR KAIE View Post
    I'm emailing my buddy at Corporate in Issaquah.......I wonder if the lettuce he buys has feelings too?
    No kidding…love my animals and take better care of them than I do myself sometimes but come on…they do not deserve rights

    Am I the only one that thinks we live in a society that just doesn’t have enough to do with their time?


    Bored and waiting in a airport regards.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    No kidding…love my animals and take better care of them than I do myself sometimes but come on…they do not deserve rights

    Am I the only one that thinks we live in a society that just doesn’t have enough to do with their time?


    Bored and waiting in a airport regards.

    His co-worker/purchaser is in TX, jumps in when we're talking/email chatting basketball through the day.....may need to give him a blastin' too. Problem is, the corp newsletter writers. My buddy started a newsletter for T-Mobile before it was T-Mobile at Corp office which used to also be in Issaquah, WA. He's a tree hugger/bleeding heart / everyone deserves help, Obama fund loving giver type.....I read the news letters he was writing and distributing...My reply was something like, "nice format Jay, but are you seriously going to put that article in the newsletter? Don't you think it is a little one sided? He deflected that with his reasoning that all people in the company had been emailed encouraging them to write letters expressing their feelings on different topics and issues both work related and non-work related.....Probably the same deal here....some person who is a big PETA proponent got to write a letter for the paper......kind of like high school newspaper.....the group that writes it usually doesn't represent the popular opinion....

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mark Littlejohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Conroe, Tx
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR KAIE View Post
    I'm emailing my buddy at Corporate in Issaquah.......I wonder if the lettuce he buys has feelings too?
    Why would you assume he's pro-AR? Do your homework before you attack and don't come across like "one of those" extremists.

    Although the PETA guy and the pro-AR members got top billing in the pro/con commentaries, I considered the format that Costco provided to be objective. At last count the "Nays" were ahead at 93%.

    ml

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-Dogs View Post
    Why would you assume he's pro-AR? Do your homework before you attack and don't come across like "one of those" extremists.

    Although the PETA guy and the pro-AR members got top billing in the pro/con commentaries, I considered the format that Costco provided to be objective. At last count the "Nays" were ahead at 93%.

    ml

    Why would I assume? It is one of my best friends. But I tease him about everything else so, this little tiddy is just a drop in the bucket.....just more munitions for Philacio bashing......now I can give him a bad time about his Company standing on animal rights...... having fun with it.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Here are the unofficial responses from Costco's Corporate Office;

    I thought this was worth a moment of humor.......

    Cut and pasted---

    Costco: It doesn't look like she's taking a side so much as promoting the book and opening the lines for debate. Wouldn't be anything new - Costco gets activists lobbying for something every year at the shareholders meeting.

    Paul:
    Whatever you treehugging dirt lovers!!!!!!

    Costco:
    There's always people that try to bring you down on your way to ruling the world.......

    Paul:
    I’ll still win because I eat meat and shift the Hippies grow! Ohh, I like guns and killing too…..

    Costco:
    Get down to your lab's eye level, look her in the eyes and tell her your shippin her off to a lab to do some R&D on pharmaceuticals that prevent hair loss.......can't do it?......you lose.

    Paul:
    No problem, I don’t have a lab……

    Costco:
    Good way to argue the point......

    Paul:
    Anyways, they only use dogs stolen from urban neighborhoods for research……they’re basically the gang banging thug dogs society tossed to the gutter before they were born…..

    Costco:
    References to human society to describe dogs .......you're soundin more and more like that 6.5%.....

    Innocent bystander cc'd on the useless conversation:

    Ridiculous.....ALL USELESS INFORMATION!!!!

    GO DAWGS!!!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Joe Brakke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    678

    Default

    The good news is the voting is 94% No, 6% yes. Looks like PETA is in a very small minority. Explains their extremist/terrorist approach to making a point.
    Joe B.

    Northern Colorado

    Lakotaridge Heartsome Tanner SH "Tanner"
    HRCH Bella's Devine Independence SH "Indy"
    Lakota Ridge Sage JH "Sage"
    SHR APR KB's Lakota Ridge Delaney JH "Del"
    RIP Oryan of Cork "Orion"

    "The solution is within the problem"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Just in case some didn't catch it,

    GO DAWGS--

    reference to the University of Washington winning the PAC 10

  10. #10
    Senior Member Norene S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NW Washington
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR KAIE View Post
    Just in case some didn't catch it,

    GO DAWGS--

    reference to the University of Washington winning the PAC 10
    Hey........I caught it!!!!

    GO......DAWGS.....!!!


    Norene S.
    "Nordom Chesapeakes"

    "When you are so far and feel the need to give up, realize and remember why you were doing it in the first place". ~Vandon~



Similar Threads

  1. Animal rights activist vs. Hunt Test in CT
    By Jo Ann Reynolds in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  2. Animal Rights Radical
    By Georgia Smith in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 10:20 AM
  3. Obama Pledges Support for Animal Rights
    By Doug Main in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 09:10 PM
  4. Appeasing Animal Rights Activists
    By Glenda Brown in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
  5. Animal Rights!
    By MRGD in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •